AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2009 Maps

alvarezlouie was able to do the update with no problems. I would suggest the same thing he did and do a test on your archive files. Looks like this system reported the same file size as yours for the .tib but it still updated correctly.

Thanks I did as you suggested. In WinRAR there is a "Test archive files" under the Command menu. All tested 100% perfect, so I can safely assume that the master Z2BypassFile is good to go :)

Once again, thank you much!

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have one small comment for all those of you having issues with downloading from the FTP site.

When downloading please use an FTP program so you can RESUME the download when disconnected.

If you are using Internet Explorer and get disconnected it will not resume the Download and it will write the short file to your drive thinking that it is complete. When you try to unzip it it will give you errors saying the file is corrupt because it is truncated.

FTP Clients are avaliable for free all over the place.

I use Flash FXP and when the download gets disconnected it will ask me if i want to overwrite replace or resume the file download. this is essential for FTP service because you get disconnected all the time.

I am still currently trying to download the files i will probably have them all by this weekend, and i will repost weather it is successful or not. i will be doing 2 Z1's.

Good luck to you all and I really appreciate all the help you all have given me in the past. Thsi board is an excellent resource.

I just have one small comment for all those of you having issues with downloading from the FTP site.

When downloading please use an FTP program so you can RESUME the download when disconnected.

If you are using Internet Explorer and get disconnected it will not resume the Download and it will write the short file to your drive thinking that it is complete. When you try to unzip it it will give you errors saying the file is corrupt because it is truncated.

FTP Clients are avaliable for free all over the place.

I use Flash FXP and when the download gets disconnected it will ask me if i want to overwrite replace or resume the file download. this is essential for FTP service because you get disconnected all the time.

I am still currently trying to download the files i will probably have them all by this weekend, and i will repost weather it is successful or not. i will be doing 2 Z1's.

Good luck to you all and I really appreciate all the help you all have given me in the past. Thsi board is an excellent resource.

Lets me know the result... Size of the *.TIB file. I am waiting for new hard drive.

Once again big thanks to AFMagnum and avic411

Forgive my ignorance, but is it possible to take a blank hard drive and perform this upgrade?

Though I am downloading the rar files, is there an ISO I can use for a blank hard drive? Further, does the upgrade partition the drive or do I need to do that manually?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yes, the image contains the predefined partitions and MBR.

No, you can connect your drive to ANY port to restore it even USB , BUT be carefull to eject the drive before removing it because the write back cache may be full.

File size reported inside WinRAR:

Size: 9,500,878,848

Packed: 9,075,464,753

Size of each file on my computer:

Z2Bypassed.part01.rar - 1,024,000 KB

Z2Bypassed.part02.rar - 1,024,000 KB

Z2Bypassed.part03.rar - 1,024,000 KB

Z2Bypassed.part04.rar - 1,024,000 KB

Z2Bypassed.part05.rar - 1,024,000 KB

Z2Bypassed.part06.rar - 1,024,000 KB

Z2Bypassed.part07.rar - 1,024,000 KB

Z2Bypassed.part08.rar - 1,024,000 KB

Z2Bypassed.part09.rar - 670,760 KB

If your file sizes do not match this amount guess what? they stopped short of dowloading the whole file and you either need to resume the Download or restart it.

I am going to test this image on the stock drive then i will install it on a 80gb toshiba mentioned in this thread.

Success! Z2 image restored to a Z1 factory drive.

One thing to note though:

When restoring the Z2 image to your Z1 drive:

First, restore the entire Z2 image first.

Second, go back to your Z1 Image and restore your last two partitions to retain your music and system settings.

You could also restore the Z2 MBR, and Partitions 1 and 2 seperatly to accomplish the same thing. but i was not successful when trying that procedure.

I would gladly put this Z2 image on a supplied drive for anyone, I have a valid image, thanks to BigFloppy

If you are in Southern California, and need an image put onto a drive PM me I would be happy to do so for you.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and all the info i gained by READING the WHOLE thread. I dont think anyone can emphasize how important it is to read the entire thread before asking a question, because most questions are answered. :P

No dice on te 160....I got an error stating it couldn't use the Hard drive. My guess is that the internal firmware of the device has a max limit to what size hard drive it supports...probably limited around 120GB since Geko483 was able to get an 80GB to work...

Since this is windows automotive, probably limitation like windows XP....

I have only used the original drive, I have not yet recieved my 80gb yet but ill be putting that image on there when it does arrive. Others have succeded in putting this image on a 60gb and 80gb Toshiba drives.

I am trying to customize the buttons and other things but it looks like they are embedded :(

Has anyone done the Firmware upgrade in addition to this software upgrade??

Success i have put the FTP image onto a 80gb Toshiba drive and then added all my other albums and settings info.

Now all i want to do is expand the partition size to allow more content.

WHat programs are you all using to expand the partition size that have been SUCCESSFUL?