AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to AVIC Z3 w/2009 Maps

Ok, so I downloaded the files from BigFloppy's FTP (thanks for sharing!) and have had no luck un-raring them. I receive the following errors:

! D:\Z2\Z2Bypassed.part02.rar: Packed data CRC failed in Z2Bypassed.tib. The volume is corrupt

I've downloaded twice and still have the same issue, what gives?

Thanks!

which version of win rar do you have? The latest? Might be time for an update. I have seen this when newer versions of win rar compress a file and an older version uncompresses it. Just a thought. Knowing Big Floppy, he is probably using the latest version.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I downloaded the files from BigFloppy's FTP (thanks for sharing!) and have had no luck un-raring them. I receive the following errors:

! D:\Z2\Z2Bypassed.part02.rar: Packed data CRC failed in Z2Bypassed.tib. The volume is corrupt

I've downloaded twice and still have the same issue, what gives?

Thanks!

which version of win rar do you have? The latest? Might be time for an update. I have seen this when newer versions of win rar compress a file and an older version uncompresses it. Just a thought. Knowing Big Floppy, he is probably using the latest version.

I'm using ver 3.71, to which I just upgraded. Still confused as to what is going on.

I give up. I'm quite computer savvy, however, I'm at winds end. No matter what I do: I've downloaded the files multiple times, upgraded winRAR, etc. I always get the same error messages when un-raring the files from BigFloppy's FTP. Is it possible that the files on the FTP server are in fact corrupt?

Please help :(

I notice the rar files are named "Z2Bypassed". Does this mean the image has the "2 wire" patch in the iso image? Also can I ground the 2 wires on a Z1 to bypass the security so I can control the dvd while I am driving?

Reason why I ask is I would like to have the Avic-z1 installed with the physical 2 wire ground installed. Test the unit. Then replace the HD with a Toshiba 60 gig drive imaged with Z2.

This way I will not have to uninstall the the unit to apply the physical 2 wire patch(ground).

Not to get off topic, but i looked at the upgrade CD and everything is in .DAT files which i can't extract to debug. I was hoping to break it down and find the algorythm but no luck. If anyone can get the info out of the .DATs i'd be happy to take a look and see what i can pull out as far as the algo goes.

Is anyone in the process of working with the UPDATE DVD to remove the files that require the Media code,serial, etc?

thanks bdmpastx for providing the files.

700.iso file and the track 1,2 ,18 .at3 files on the ftp site, do I need to un rar those files too ? and what are thoses files ?

or do i just un rar the .01 threw .09 .rar files and follow the instructions ?

thanks in advance.

thanks bdmpastx for providing the files.

700.iso file and the track 1,2 ,18 .at3 files on the ftp site, do I need to un rar those files too ? and what are thoses files ?

or do i just un rar the .01 threw .09 .rar files and follow the instructions ?

thanks in advance.

All you need is the .01 thru .09 .rar files. Disregard the 700.iso and other files from the FTP site. Those are something else BigFloppy is hosting.

Getting ready to process your Z1-Z2 upgrade step by step instructions but have a question about the TIB file size. I've uncompressed the 9 files 4 times already to make sure but my file size does not equal the 9.4GB you mention in your writeup.

In File Explorer w/ Details as my view choice the following is shown:

Z2Bypassed.tib 9.278,202 KB TIB File 7/31/2007 9:30PM

When I right mouse click properties on the uncompressed Z2Bypassed.tib file I show:

Size: 8.84 GB (9,500,878,848 bytes)

Size on Disk: 8.84 GB (9,500,880,896 bytes)

WinRAR shows (for any of the 9 files selected):

Z2Bypassed.part01.rar - RAR volume (number 1), unpacked size 9,500,878,848 bytes

BTW the first 8 files are noted to be 1,048,576,000 in size while the final 9th file is 686,857,644 in size. I believe these are correct from reading the various postings of these uploaded files.

Am I missing something? Never got any error messages or issues and all 4 times uncompressed the same. Not sure if I should proceed until hearing from you on this dilemma.

Finally, thank you for taking the time to write up these instructions and to all that created and uploaded the bypass files. You guys are great and very much appreciated.

I got the same problem, After unrar 01-09 Rar file. Finally i got Z2bypassed.tid.. the size is 8.84. Any input would be appreciate.

Thanks