AVIC411.com

2015 European Map Update for Pioneer AVIC-F30BT, F930BT, F9310BT, F40BT, F940BT, F840BT, F8430BT

RonS,

Okay, finally found some spare time yesterday.

To be 100 percent sure, I went to my local computer store and bought brand new 4GB SD Kingston card.

On my computer I formatted that card to FAT32 with 16KB cluster size.

Then I copied two folders (FIRMWARE, UPDATE) and CARDINFO.cif file directly to freshly formatted SD card.

Inside FIRMWARE folder I have another folder named BT. Inside BT folder – 3 files (bootloader, CK5050P.plf and updater.plf).

Inside UPDATE folder I have two folders (NDATA and USER) plus 4 files (ALLDATA.HTM, ALLDATA.VER, AUTHINFO.DAT and VERINFO.DAT).

Inside NDATA folder – 106 files named NDATA.001 - NDATA.106

Inside USER folder I have 2 folders (PRG and SYSTEM) and 1 file named VOLUME.DAT

And guess what? Nothing! I inserted SD card with the update into SD card slot on my head unit, started the engine (just in case) and my F840BT booted up as usual. Unit sees the card for sure, then I press “eject†button it shows me that SD card is inside.

Honestly, I have no idea what to do next…

Does your HU have the parking brake bypassed? Otherwise I believe you need the PB detection correctly wired and the PB set. The first step in the Pioneer installation instructions is to set the parking brake. Now, that may be just to cover their ass from potential damage/liability suites, but many functions won't work if the HU doesn't detect PB. I can't easily test this theory since mine is bypassed and has been from day-1.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does your HU have the parking brake bypassed? Otherwise I believe you need the PB detection correctly wired and the PB set. The first step in the Pioneer installation instructions is to set the parking brake. Now, that may be just to cover their ass from potential damage/liability suites, but many functions won't work if the HU doesn't detect PB. I can't easily test this theory since mine is bypassed and has been from day-1.

I believe it does, I can watch movies while driving.

I'm running out of ideas - I've never had any issues getting updates installed. It's probably something really basic.

What app version are you currently running? See Settings/System Settings/System Information.  Make sure it is less than 6.0

When you format the SD, uncheck "Quick format" - that has caused problems.

What happens if you insert the SD while the HU is already up? If it doesn't start the upgrade process, the "normal" operation would be to scan the SD and start playing some test audio files that are buried in the upgrade. If it doesn't do either of these, something is wrong with the SD.

Next obvious problem is using the wrong CardInfo.cif file. I can't help with that. I only know the internal tags for the Z and X series units. So I can't verify whether your F840-BT is listed. BTW, does it actually say F840-BT on the face of the HU? Some people refer to their HU by the software they are running and not the actual hardware. It matters for CardInfo

RonS,

Currently I'm on version 5.

I was aware about full formatting of SD card and 16KB cluster size allocation.

If I insert SD card into the HU when it is already running it plays some strange music file.

And for sure, I have AVIC-F840BT.

Maybe you can advise how to install a third party software on my unit? I would gladly use something like "Navigon" or "CityGuide".

Thanks a lot for trying to help me. I really appreciate it.

Pirrama,

More specutlation here, if your F840BT is wired directly to the battery instead of the ignition, it may be that you unit never gets turned off so it doesn't actually boot the sd card when you turn on the ignition.

If you find that is true, put the sd card in your unit and remove one of the battery cables for 30 seconds or so and then reconnect and see if your unit boots.

Pirrama,

More specutlation here, if your F840BT is wired directly to the battery instead of the ignition, it may be that you unit never gets turned off so it doesn't actually boot the sd card when you turn on the ignition.

If you find that is true, put the sd card in your unit and remove one of the battery cables for 30 seconds or so and then reconnect and see if your unit boots.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try. Should I remove the password first?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, late to the party! does anyone have a working link for map update for my f9210, only working link i can find has a non working zip file, I already have password.

thanx.

Try link from Blakestones post #656 and password from #679. Worked like a charm on my F9220BT :-).

And a big thanks to all who have contributed in this post and forum, you guys have helped med a lot!