AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the avic 700 bt and wondering about a few things.....

there is a usb cabel, do i still need a seperate cable for the ipod to conect the usb,

2) they have a gyro ball that indicates the system is motion and no by pass that i know of to play dvd while moving. anyone know any?

the bypass everyone is talking about... is this for the video playback through ipod and or a dcd player?

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=107164#107164

i have the avic 700 bt and wondering about a few things.....

there is a usb cabel, do i still need a seperate cable for the ipod to conect the usb,

2) they have a gyro ball that indicates the system is motion and no by pass that i know of to play dvd while moving. anyone know any?

1. Yes, you need the Pioneer ipod cable. The USB connection only CONTROLS the ipod. If you just use the USB cable that came with the ipod hooked to the unit's USB input, you will get no audio or video. The audio and video signal goes to the unit through the RCA connectors on the Pioneer ipod cable.

2. The bypass works. The internal gyro doesn't have anything to do with it. If you do the bypass correctly, as stated in this topic, you will be able to play videos from the CD drive, SD card, or USB input, as well as enter nav destinations while the vehicle is in motion. Also, the 700 doesn't have a DVD drive. So it will not play DVD's.

thanks, when you say videos from the cd drive, you mean musiv videos or something? not sure what videos you may be referingto. don't mean to sound dumbm but what other video play back is there? the only way i would know to get video play back is movies from the i=pod, and or the sd card. so your saying i still will not be baly to watch dvd from the ipod. if that is the case should i buy a dvd player and set that up through the avic-f700bt? thanks again

I grounded the green parking brake wire to the chassis as well as the mute wire seperately, I moved the wire in the harness. The bypass works great, but the parking brake light is on, on the dash and it is trying to alert me that the parking brake is on, which it isn't. Did I mess it up? I have an 03 Silverado.

Not sure what I did wrong but mine gives me an error message whenever I get over about 10 mph. I moved the pin as instructed and soldered the moved mute wire to the P Brake wire then soldered them both to ground. is there something obvious I am missing here? Or do I need to just go double check nothing came loose.

Thanks