AVIC411.com

AVIC "F" Series Bypass

Yeah... I don't see any way of bypassing it like with the 700, 900, and 90 radios, because the wires are in a fixed position on the harness. There might possibly be some kind of hardware bypass somewhere on (or in) the unit, I don't know.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... I don't see any way of bypassing it like with the 700, 900, and 90 radios, because the wires are in a fixed position on the harness. There might possibly be some kind of hardware bypass somewhere on (or in) the unit, I don't know.

Well that blows! I know KPthechnologies offers a navigation bypass module, maybe I can try that? For now, I am going to locate the parking brake wire and deal with it. I'll just be researching and asking for a bypass. Thanks HiFiSi.

• 2 weeks later...

the white connector, is that the one that comes with the headunit? OEM harness? Or stereo kit harness? I have a black harness that came with the headunit, and the black harness that came with the dash kit. Im installing this weekend and need to see if my unit is missing a harness.

*EDIT* Nevermind... The harness was hiding. I swapped the wire and cant wait to install it this weekend!

I followed the directions exactly and used the same clips from the pics on page 9 of this thread and it looks just like those pics but...The nav and system settingare greyed out even when i come to a complete stopand put the e-brake on! Also I no longer get the system detected improper grounding msg. I'm frustrated. Any help?

I followed the directions exactly and used the same clips from the pics on page 9 of this thread and it looks just like those pics but...The nav and system settingare greyed out even when i come to a complete stopand put the e-brake on! Also I no longer get the system detected improper grounding msg. I'm frustrated. Any help?

Sometimes those quick tap connections dont puncture the insulation all the way. That may be why it isnt working. Make sure all connections are connected properly.

Just installed my F90BT last weekend, and bypass worked great!

Only question though, as I didn't think it would do this. My unit still gives me the "Warning, don't drive...." that I have to press "OK" to. Once that is done, it never complains about moving/nav/movies and hasn't stopped working, even at high speeds or long trips.

Should it give me the Press OK page?