AVIC411.com

HOWTO: add voice guidance mute button

New F700BT owner here. I installed the F-series bypass just fine by reading the instructions on this forum. Great info guys.

My question is simple. Can I get this mod (mute) by only putting the "navigatemap_800_480.ui" from the zipped download in this thread in the "ui_pioneer\common\ui" location on the unit?

If not can someone dumb it down for me and tell me exactly what from the download I need to put exactly where?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New F700BT owner here. I installed the F-series bypass just fine by reading the instructions on this forum. Great info guys.

My question is simple. Can I get this mod (mute) by only putting the "navigatemap_800_480.ui" from the zipped download in this thread in the "ui_pioneer\common\ui" location on the unit?

If not can someone dumb it down for me and tell me exactly what from the download I need to put exactly where?

navigatemap_800_480.ui will go into ui_pioneer\800_480\ui

navigatemap_800_480.ui will go into ui_pioneer\800_480\ui

Yup, got it. 3 mods now working!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Uhhh... do what?

Possibly step-by-step this mod for a guy that doesn't have code skills?

I did sucessfully make the bypass speed change in the F500BT 2.0 upgrade, so I can bounce around in the program with a basic understanding... but I'm lost reading through these posts.

Any help is greatly appreciated - I NEED that nav voice mute button!

Thanks for everything - Johnny Mac

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
There are two ways to do it:

1. Take files you want to change from the mod's DATA.ZIP to the same locations. I.e. file.ui goes into ui_pioneer\common\ui anf file_800_480.ui goes to ui_pioneer\800_480\ui folder inside the ZIP file.

Using WinRAR or 7ZIP isw very much preferred here because WinZIP is brain dead and won't add files to a subfolder inside an archive.

2. Preferred option for testing out changes: create a folder ui_pioneer on your SD card. inside create 800_480 and common subfolders, and ui folder inside each of those subfolders. Now copy changed files to those ui subfolders, as above, and copy the entire ui_pioneer to APL2\iGO folder on the head unit.

This way you can keep a working DATA.ZIP on the unit and test out changes. If they work, you can move them to DATA.ZIP later on. If you don't like them, roll back by deleting ui_pioneer from the head unit.

Thanks BorisM and to All,

This MOD worked like a charm. Took me while to get it because I was extracting the data.zip folder first then making the changes. I used 7zip like suggested and made the changes without extracting the folder.

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

my unit is currently loaded with 2.06 firmware. How can I add voice guidance mute button with the plain vanilla firmware without any hack software? I search the whole firmware release directories for the pioneer_ui directory and couldn't find any.

Thanks,

--Khai

All,

just wanted to let you know this mod works on the new 3.005 firmware. I just added the 2 lines in the appropriate ui, and added the 2 icons, I did not use the ui in the zip file, because there are some more or less differences with 2.x

3.010 has the same ui, so I am fairly confident this will work too.

Weo

• 3 weeks later...

Nice, I will try this tonight on my AVIC-X710BT running 910BT 3.0 firmware.

[EDIT]

I was a little busy Tuesday night, but on my lunch break today (Thursday) I successfully added this code the way it was described on page 1 and it worked as expected. The buttons "746_32K_OM-019_32b.bmp" and "746_32K_OM-018_32b.bmp" that the script uses, however, are not the most attractive. They are simply the green and red ones included in the firmware. I liked the buttons included in the zip on page 1 much better and will alter the code to use them when I have the time.

I still want to be able to tap the arrow in the top left corner to hear the direction. Does anyone know if I can just alter the code for that button to unmute before and then remute after the direction is announced? I feel like this would interfere with the mute button. Has anyone played with this?

[/EDIT]

• 1 month later...
There are two ways to do it:

1. Take files you want to change from the mod's DATA.ZIP to the same locations. I.e. file.ui goes into ui_pioneer\common\ui anf file_800_480.ui goes to ui_pioneer\800_480\ui folder inside the ZIP file.

Using WinRAR or 7ZIP isw very much preferred here because WinZIP is brain dead and won't add files to a subfolder inside an archive.

2. Preferred option for testing out changes: create a folder ui_pioneer on your SD card. inside create 800_480 and common subfolders, and ui folder inside each of those subfolders. Now copy changed files to those ui subfolders, as above, and copy the entire ui_pioneer to APL2\iGO folder on the head unit.

This way you can keep a working DATA.ZIP on the unit and test out changes. If they work, you can move them to DATA.ZIP later on. If you don't like them, roll back by deleting ui_pioneer from the head unit.

I have tried both ways and it never fully boots it stays at the screen with the "System Startup in Progress... "message . And while I am new to editing my F90bt, I am in no way a noob at windows or CE (I still have a CE 1.1 device!, and CE is the main reason I bought this Pioneer unit)

I have a F90BT with 2.000 on it.

Also is there a scripting language that you can use in CE? If I get it working I want to make it automated to add/remove it. I have testmode on a SD card, modified files/folders on my USB drive (with backups of originals), then I boot with card in and copy from usb to 'flash drive' either modified files, or the originals to revert.