AVIC411.com

IDT v4.2 on p46, last for 2.0

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!

A little **quirk** though.

When I first start to navigate the MPH box in the lower selectable box first appears as K/hr then if I just tap the "map" button to refresh it comes back as MPH :?::?:

Also, can you get the MSN traffic to come up when the road icon in the lower left is touched just like in GTI_Matts??

:mrgreen:

Thanx,

Bud

Here's a heads up for anyone having problems with the house number mod. IDT's V2 works perfectly in this regard, but I'm discovering the Map Database (at least in Louisiana where I live) doesn't have quite a few house numbers. I originally thought the mod wasn't working but after turning onto a street that was probably paved and numbered circa 1960, it worked like a charm. Tap the street name and numbers come up on each side of the road (I like where they're displayed!), tap the numbers and they disappear. Very nice IDT. Believe it or not I just bought my 700BT last week and it came with the 2007 Map Data! I'm taking a visit to the shop I bought it from to demand the latest and greatest data FREE. I tried to download it on Rapidshare, but free downloads are limited, I only got to Alaska.

i finally completed my new mod. Thanks to illdietrying, Maverickster, BorisM, GTIMatt, Keeper22, cmh928. This forum is great, it helped me do all of this and I have never done this before. Anyway here are some pics. I am going to try to post it later.

Hmm, I want the Speed Limit Mod, but prefer IDT's "digital" compass...decisions, decisions...

did you add the font file included in the zip?

Yes I had included the font file DS-DIGI.TTF - and it seemed to be incremental (not a replacement) I left it in after I reverted back to original DATA.zip to get rid of reboots. After I posted I went back through the thread and realized your DATA.zip didn't address the Parking Break Complaint Dialogue so ignore that comment I could edit once you figure out the reboots- but I thought in a later post you said that was caused by color scheme changes?

couple of questions?

1)so you are using a software hack? if yes, that may be the problem as i'm using the hardware hack,

2)what scheme are you using when the unit reboots? if your unit crashes when using a modded night scheme then that would be the problem,

3)were you able to get past the start up screen or not?

1) I am now using the SW - but it wasn't in at the time I tried your mods since I was using your DATA.zip and hadn't modified it. My hardware hack hadn't worked- I suspect that the Mute pin - after it was moved in the connector - wasn't connecting with the mating pin on the F90 side.

2) There was a modified scheme but not certain what it was (this is actually my son's unit) - but I asked him if he had changed color schemes and he said yes.

3) Sometimes it got past startup screen and sometimes it didn't - I couldn't discern a pattern other than repeated reboots. Replacing the DATA.zip (but not the other parts of your package that I had installed) made the reboots stop. I wasn't going to try it again until you figured it out- but if you have a specific thing you want me to try - let me know.

i finally completed my new mod. Thanks to illdietrying, Maverickster, BorisM, GTIMatt, Keeper22, cmh928. This forum is great, it helped me do all of this and I have never done this before. Anyway here are some pics. I am going to try to post it later.

Hmm, I want the Speed Limit Mod, but prefer IDT's "digital" compass...decisions, decisions...

you can have both just add IDT's compass code over mine in the navigate 800_480 ui file. I will try and see if i can inject it into my file and post it for you later.

How do I go about adding the ability to click the road icon in the lower left to bring up the MSN traffic as in Matts mod?

Is this all that need to be done:

;<> Start
;

;<> End

I added this to the navigatemap_800_480 file and I don't think it works right. Is ther something else I need to do?/

Thanx!

Bud

How do I go about adding the ability to click the road icon in the lower left to bring up the MSN traffic as in Matts mod?

;<> Start
;

;<> End

I added this to the navigatemap_800_480 file and I don't think it works right. Is ther something else I need to do?/

Thanx!

Bud

by the looks of it i think that should work, maybe try using your stylus cause the image is too small

;<> Start
;

;<> End

Thanx!

Bud

Shouldn't you be using MSND rather than TMC on a US model?

One thing that ***would*** be cool with this mod is the "recording" feature added to the clock (switches color when recording) like Matts and then swap the house numbers display with a touch of the active street name bar in the lower portion of the screen. Is this do-oable?

I can fuddle my way through it but I'm sure you can get there alot quicker than I.

Thanx!

Bud