AVIC411.com

GTIMatt's Mods

I wanted to share this excellent site to download poi available in the avic-f series format http://www.poifriend.com/?show=highest . Now that I have a ton of poi was wondering if someone could give me directions on how to install these poi to show on the map and where to install. Also I have new icons for restaurants and so on and I would like the avic to display but I dont know how to do that as well. Also wanted to know if I add poi should it appear as an icon on the map for example tim hortons show up on the map without searching for it?

Thanks for all your help and especially to Matt thanks for the mod.

there's an ongoing thread regarding poi's

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a few requests I have posted my data.zip file for anyone who wants to try it out. I've put a couple of screenshots below to show how it looks when a route is present and when it's not.   [atta

I wanted to share this excellent site to download poi available in the avic-f series format http://www.poifriend.com/?show=highest . Now that I have a ton of poi was wondering if someone could give me directions on how to install these poi to show on the map and where to install. Also I have new icons for restaurants and so on and I would like the avic to display but I dont know how to do that as well. Also wanted to know if I add poi should it appear as an icon on the map for example tim hortons show up on the map without searching for it?

Thanks for all your help and especially to Matt thanks for the mod.

From what i understand you have to run the POI from that site in the AVICfeeds program on your computer, Then put them on a SD card and use them from there, they are not standard poi files like are in the map folder in your unit, but they come up as ones that the avic reads off the sd card

hey matt im running your mod its excellent. the only thing is when you use that gps logging thing where the clock turns red... i can't figure out how to clear the logs out. please help, i got random lines going through my gps unit cause i was trying to figure out how to use it. :(

Hi Matt,

just wanted to say I really like your mod. I've tried the rest but IMO yours has the best balance of looks and functionality. I do like some of the options available in IDT's and CMH928's setup, like the enhanced simulation mode, the 'Nav Options' button and the 'day/night' button but not too keen on the buttons being along the top, much prefer your layout. I wouldn't even consider putting it back to standard now, especially with no bloody nav mute button!!! :x

Anyway, I was just looking to make some changes to the box colours as Blue doesn't really go with my Nissan's Orange dash (although the original silver metal effect did). I think I'm happy with changing the existing images to the colour I want and from what I've read previous posts and it seems the files I need to change in ui_pioneer\800_480\ are:

info_bg.bmp - Route Info Box

746_32K_OM-003_32.bmp - Next Instruction box

746_32K_OM-005_32.bmp - 2nd Instruction box

746_32K_OM-007_32.bmp - Next street box

746_32K_OM-001_32b.bmp - Street Box

Just have a couple of questions about this though:

1. I can't open the 'info_bg.bmp' file to edit, it doesn't seem to be like the other .bmp's.

2. What about the borders of the boxes, this doesn't seem to be included in the image, where can these be edited?

3. Do you know how I could put the boxes back to the standard silver metal effect but with your layout?

Hope that makes sense and thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!

Hi Matt,

just wanted to say I really like your mod. I've tried the rest but IMO yours has the best balance of looks and functionality. I do like some of the options available in IDT's and CMH928's setup, like the enhanced simulation mode, the 'Nav Options' button and the 'day/night' button but not too keen on the buttons being along the top, much prefer your layout. I wouldn't even consider putting it back to standard now, especially with no bloody nav mute button!!! :x

Anyway, I was just looking to make some changes to the box colours as Blue doesn't really go with my Nissan's Orange dash (although the original silver metal effect did). I think I'm happy with changing the existing images to the colour I want and from what I've read previous posts and it seems the files I need to change in ui_pioneer\800_480\ are:

1. I can't open the 'info_bg.bmp' file to edit, it doesn't seem to be like the other .bmp's.

2. What about the borders of the boxes, this doesn't seem to be included in the image, where can these be edited?

3. Do you know how I could put the boxes back to the standard silver metal effect but with your layout?

1) download this software http://www.rc-dev.com/i3t/, most of the BMP's in the FLASHDISK are compressed so you'll need that software to view it and save it as an uncompressed BMP so you could work with it

2)the borders on the boxes are in the alpha layer of the BMP

3)you would have to search GTIMATTS 800_480 folder for a blank template of the box,

hope that helps

Hi Matt

Thanks a lot for your mod.

I just installed the 2 files on my F900BT (Euro-Version).

No Problem at all. Everything works fine. The information are much better to read. :D

Just a small thing: I think the icons in the route information box for the destination arrival time and the

duration are exchanged. :wink:

Good work.

Hello from Switzerland

Swissguy01

Hi Matt,

1. See IDT's post. They are Igo formatted so you need special software to read them.

2. Not sure what you mean by borders, the rounded corners and white lines are all in my custom bmp images.

3. Can't remember if I kept copies of the originals in my data.zip, if I did they will have the same name with something like _orig tacked on the filename. If not then just get them from your data.zip backup (although I probably changed the position of the boxes slightly so the originals might not fit perfectly)

Just a small thing: I think the icons in the route information box for the destination arrival time and the

duration are exchanged. :wink:

I thought that too but that is the icons that the standard system uses so I just left them (even though I thought they were wrong!).

Hi Matt,

great mod - I love it on my F900, thank you.

Still, I have one request (and I did search the forum for it): is there any way to add a button for recalculating the route, that would open a menu with options like drop next via, add via to a gas station, parking place, avoid next 1, 2, etc km...

I have something like that in a portable GPS unit that is also using iGo 8.0 - unfortunately, resolution is different (480x272).

Hi Matt,

kdk_0057.jpg

kdk_0058.jpg

kdk_0059.jpg

All my dreams are coming true... I hope you see this MATT, I told you I would post pics.

*edit* I love you all