AVIC411.com

Most of what you mention is related to sys.txt. You need to use most of the lines from my included sys.txt, but change the type under device and look for anything in your original that mentions TMC to add it to mine. I posted a worldwide Seedcam spud file to the US/Canada speedcamera post. Might want to try it. You do need to delete the old files out of the speedcam folder on the avic, though.

I don't know how you added your speedcam file, whether it was a TXT file a SPUD or a POI file. TXT or SPUD is the format you need. POI speedcams will show on map but not offer alerts. Voice alerts are used by selecting "Custom" from alert type.

SpeedLimit signs are a sticky setting(permanent in the model-variable script makes it save between boots). If it isn't sticking, you may need to copy the data.zip over again.

Thanks for that cmh928. I hadn't realised I needed to change the device type. I have done that now and that definitely solves the TMC problem, that is now working perfectly. There didn't appear to be any extra TMC lines in the existing sys.txt

I will try out the speed camera warnings again later to see if it has solved that too. I checked my speedcam directory on the flash drive and I only have the spud file that I loaded.

The speedlimit signs setting still won't stick, although, interestingly, the turn restrictions option in the same menu does stick if I change that. I had copied the whole file set over again after modifying the sys.txt.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most of what you mention is related to sys.txt. You need to use most of the lines from my included sys.txt, but change the type under device and look for anything in your original that mentions TMC to add it to mine. I posted a worldwide Seedcam spud file to the US/Canada speedcamera post. Might want to try it. You do need to delete the old files out of the speedcam folder on the avic, though.

I don't know how you added your speedcam file, whether it was a TXT file a SPUD or a POI file. TXT or SPUD is the format you need. POI speedcams will show on map but not offer alerts. Voice alerts are used by selecting "Custom" from alert type.

SpeedLimit signs are a sticky setting(permanent in the model-variable script makes it save between boots). If it isn't sticking, you may need to copy the data.zip over again.

Thanks for that cmh928. I hadn't realised I needed to change the device type. I have done that now and that definitely solves the TMC problem, that is now working perfectly. There didn't appear to be any extra TMC lines in the existing sys.txt

I will try out the speed camera warnings again later to see if it has solved that too. I checked my speedcam directory on the flash drive and I only have the spud file that I loaded.

The speedlimit signs setting still won't stick, although, interestingly, the turn restrictions option in the same menu does stick if I change that. I had copied the whole file set over again after modifying the sys.txt.

OK, I've just driven past a couple of speed cameras and I still get no warnings visible or audible. I have taken a couple of very bad pics with my phone showing the settings screens for this. I notice that when I adjust the volume slider for the spoken alert warning I get no "test" level spoken, am I meant to? I guess though, that as I don't get a visual warning either, that the problem is with the system recognising that I am approaching a camera at all rather than a problem with a sound file.[attachment=1]Image000.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]Image001.jpg[/attachment]

OK, I've just driven past a couple of speed cameras and I still get no warnings visible or audible. I have taken a couple of very bad pics with my phone showing the settings screens for this. I notice that when I adjust the volume slider for the spoken alert warning I get no "test" level spoken, am I meant to? I guess though, that as I don't get a visual warning either, that the problem is with the system recognising that I am approaching a camera at all rather than a problem with a sound file.[attachment=1]Image000.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]Image001.jpg[/attachment]

for the test level, that is not included in the file,

It's quite possible that the spud file you used doesn't include camera direction. Make a test camera by tapping a location on your street near your home. Then hit the cursor icon (left of the 2D/3D icon), hit "save as", hit "add camera" and choose a speed, camera type and the last icon for "all directions". Then hit "done"

If this fake camera causes the alert to appear, it is simply the SPUD file at fault.

You may also want to turn on "warn when speeding" just to be safe.

To make the Euro speed limit sticky, there need to be quotes around a value (vspeedlimitUSA="1") in modelvariables.ui. I will post a new version later.

It's quite possible that the spud file you used doesn't include camera direction. Make a test camera by tapping a location on your street near your home. Then hit the cursor icon (left of the 2D/3D icon), hit "save as", hit "add camera" and choose a speed, camera type and the last icon for "all directions". Then hit "done"

If this fake camera causes the alert to appear, it is simply the SPUD file at fault.

You may also want to turn on "warn when speeding" just to be safe.

To make the Euro speed limit sticky, there need to be quotes around a value (vspeedlimitUSA="1") in modelvariables.ui. I will post a new version later.

It seems like the SPUD file must be the problem. I created a dummy camera in my road, as you suggested, and I do get warnings about that both visual and audible. I then selected the 2 cameras nearest to me from the SPUD file and edited them. They did already show a direction, but I changed them to be active in both directions in case the direction was wrong (they are on a dual carriageway). However, I still get no warnings from them at all travelling past them in either direction. It seems odd that they show on the map correctly and can be edited OK, but don't seem to be recognised by the alert system. I have a UK speed camera file on a Tomtom and have found a conversion program to go from ov2 to Igo format so will try that instead.

With regard to the modelvariables.ui, where is that stored? Is it in the Data zip file as I can't see it as a separate entity? If I go into testmode can I edit it directly on the AVIC, or is it best to download a new Data zip file and copy it over?

Once again, thanks for your help on this.

I've created a speedcam.txt file based on my old tomtom file, added that and removed the SPUD file. The camera warnings now all work fine. cmh928's new files also solve the UK speedsign sticky issue, and the TMC is working great too. This now all works, and looks, much better than the original.

There is still a "but" though!

Unless I am missing something, it doesn't seem possible to be able to have speed cam warnings only when you are over the limit. i.e you can set the warning beeps to be active only when you are over the limit, but you still have to have a spoken warning as you approach every camera as well. I tried reducing the level of the spoken warnings to zero but that also removed the over limit beeps. Ideally, I don't want to be told every time I'm approaching a camera (there are so many here that you would hardly listen to any of your music). The perfect warning system for me would be the existing spoken warning but that came on only when you approach a camera over the speed limit. Even just the beeps if you were over the limit and no spoken warning at all would be OK. Are either of these possible, either by tweeking existing settings or via a hack?

Choose something other than custom in the warnings. This will kill the voice, but leave the beeps on whatever setting you choose. There is no option to kill the voice when not over the speedlimit. I personally only leave the visual on. A bright red block popping up on the screen is fairly obvious even from the corner of your eye.

Choose something other than custom in the warnings. This will kill the voice, but leave the beeps on whatever setting you choose. There is no option to kill the voice when not over the speedlimit. I personally only leave the visual on. A bright red block popping up on the screen is fairly obvious even from the corner of your eye.

Thanks. I'll give that a try. On the subject of the bright red block, should that pop up on other screens (Tuner/Mp3 etc) or just when on the Map screen? Mine currently only shows when on the map screen.

Thanks. I'll give that a try. On the subject of the bright red block, should that pop up on other screens (Tuner/Mp3 etc) or just when on the Map screen? Mine currently only shows when on the map screen.

only on the map screen

hey guys...newb here.

cmh928...thanks alot for your mod...its awesome. i have the newbie unzip to sdcard one...works like a charm. couple of questions i have for you (which may very well have been answered 42x already but i am being lazy and didnt feel like reading through the 20 pages of this forum)...but my questions are as followed:

1- angle of 3d navigation. If I wanted to go back to the regular pioneer angle that it came with...can i do that with your mod installed? if so, how?

2- start icons- can we go back to the stock ones or does that entail too much monkeying around?

I'm very new at this....but you've made it very easy so far. thanks for everyones help.

woody

hey guys...newb here.

cmh928...thanks alot for your mod...its awesome. i have the newbie unzip to sdcard one...works like a charm. couple of questions i have for you (which may very well have been answered 42x already but i am being lazy and didnt feel like reading through the 20 pages of this forum)...but my questions are as followed:

1- angle of 3d navigation. If I wanted to go back to the regular pioneer angle that it came with...can i do that with your mod installed? if so, how?

2- start icons- can we go back to the stock ones or does that entail too much monkeying around?

I'm very new at this....but you've made it very easy so far. thanks for everyones help.

woody

1. yes, settings are in sys.txt

2. start icons?

sorry...the start icons like, the destination/contacts/av source buttons. and in the sys.txt, what do the factory settings read so i can go back to where it was (what in the sys.txt file do i need to change and what do i change it to?) Can i just copy the section of the 3d zoom from the backup copy of my flash drive?