AVIC411.com

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what is the link for the absolute NEWEST version of this all-in-one mod?

it's in the first post as it always has been. The file dates are all shown on the FTP as well. All major versions are at the same level now. If I make any changes, the NoClock version is the first one updated on the FTP, but the others soon follow.

Hey, CMH,

In an effort to save some disk space in my already taxed unit, I deleted all of the branded POI's from your version DATA.ZIP as I already had the latest version already in the MY Flash Disk/apl2/iGo/ui_pioneer folder since this is what seems to be defaulted to anyway. I guess for those who do not add the Branding.zip POI's to their units then it looks like it would work the same, yes?

There is an updated version on VBLUE42's post that has some updated POI icons, namely the fast food ones and alot (not all of course) are showing up now and in the proper subcategories! It really helped when I updated the maps to the 2008.04 versions and then put in the updated 2008.10 POI's.

Thanx again for all of the hard work!!

Bud

I guarantee you every imaginable restaurant/store is already in my data.zip and only needs the references put into poi.icons to show up. Size-wise, I deleted several unused files from the data.zip and kept it at 10MB even with all the voices and POI files. I did add a few fast food manually, but most people using my data.zip are not going to even know how to add 2008.4 maps or 2008.10 POIs so it is pointless to waste any more time adding entries. I make no mention of these changes because newbies get confused too easily as it is and I don't need a thousand PMs asking how to install maps/POIs. Please keep branded POI and speedcam database questions in their own threads to not confuse the newbies coming to my thread for a simple, all-in-one solution.

I have to agree with the rest. This is a great new look and updates. The brake warning is gone, the nav sys functions always work, even when in motion. It's great.

Small issue. Can I move the large (which I also like) speed in the bottom right corner just a little to the right and make the 'mph' much smaller, or just an 'm'? This goes for the elevation number as well. A little to the right? Also the clock on the bottom line. Can it move a little to the right? From where I sit, the bezel cuts off the view just enough to often miss the first digit.

Also, is there a way to make it more sensitive to street names in 3D? In the default 3D mode, no street names appear most of the time. You have to be on top of it before it gives a name, if at all. I love the address number feature though. And having a MSN icon across the top is super. Thanks.

Harvey G.

I already have MANY different versions to fit individual needs. Nobody else on here has posted multiple variations of their mods as it is time consuming. If one of the pre-mades doesn't fit your needs, you will need to learn to make your own mods. Moving clocks and speedlimits are the simplest changes to make, however they may interfere with other items once moved.

Changing zoom level and tilt angle has a major impact on streetnames showing up.

The colorscheme selected can also affect visibility. To change tilt and zoom, turn smartzoom off and tilt controls on, then adjust to your liking. I also have the font size larger from stock pioneer to make the names easier to read. If the street is still small in the distance, there may not be room for the streetname to show in the same space.

I have been following this thread since it was 4 pages long and have used each of the auto-installers you have made when they are updated. Every one has installed perfectly and for a non-code editor such as myself, you have been very helpful.

No, I am not buttering you up to ask for some little tweak or adjustment I want made. I have read the thread and adjusted the tilt, colors and replaced the red car with my Jeep all from reading this thread.

I did have a comment though, and I am sure it may be something I screwed up. I downloaded the newest AIO from 4-27 and the Big Clock data.zip. I dropped the BC data.zip into the AIO before installing and the did the auto install. Love the bigger clock but I noticed the speed limit sign covers part of the clock. The way I installed may be the problem so I re-installed the AIO with the included data.zip and will install the auto install Big Clock tonight to see if that fixes it.

Also, since you guys are so good, does anyone know if it possible to have a button that will go straight to the back up camera from the nav screen? I want this to be the first "coding" thing I try if its at all possible.

Thanks again for all your hard work. We people that can't do it are very appreciative.

Interesting. The speed limit and turn restrictions just clear the clock on mine. I did drop them another 5 pixels to be safe, though. Are you for sure running the original Pioneer Tahoma fonts and not possibly a dumpystig version? I will post the BigClock changes on the FTP now.

There's no way to call any part of the A/V system from the map screen other than the current source that Pioneer has overlayed on it already. Hooking up the backup light wire either to the lights or a toggle switch is your quickest way to that screen.

Ok, how about getting rid of the 'image may be revesed' message when in reverse? I don't know why Pioneer (or anyone else for that matter) thinks we have to be reminded about the same thing over and over and over and...

Thanks again.

Harvey G.

Interesting. The speed limit and turn restrictions just clear the clock on mine. I did drop them another 5 pixels to be safe, though. Are you for sure running the original Pioneer Tahoma fonts and not possibly a dumpystig version? I will post the BigClock changes on the FTP now.

There's no way to call any part of the A/V system from the map screen other than the current source that Pioneer has overlayed on it already. Hooking up the backup light wire either to the lights or a toggle switch is your quickest way to that screen.

Nope, the only fonts I would have would have come from one of your "All in ones", it's the only thing I am qualified to install :D . I tried reinstalling the AIO by itself and then the Big Clock auto install tonight but did not have a chance to drive it and find out if that worked. Thanks for the info about the camera though, sure, the first thing I think I will do and it's impossible. :roll:

Ok, how about getting rid of the 'image may be revesed' message when in reverse? I don't know why Pioneer (or anyone else for that matter) thinks we have to be reminded about the same thing over and over and over and...

Thanks again.

Harvey G.

If this is your biggest gripe with the unit, consider it a Godsend. Nobody has killed the Nav warning or the image reversed warning in over a year of hacking. I wouldn't hold your breath.