AVIC411.com

2008.4 newest usa maps?

Ok, so I used CMH 928 mod to install the 2008.4 maps that I downloaded (I got all 13 rar's). I extracted them all, combined them into the appropriate folder (POI, BUILDING, Map), put them on my SD card, put that into my unit, started it up and waited as it transferred all the files. After it finished copying everything, I restarted the unit and the music came on and it had the System starting up message please wait, so I did, it kept that up for a little bit, then it restarted. I let it do that a couple of times and each time it would restart.

So the next thing I did was replace the POI file (copy and pasted them in) and it did the whole start up, restart. I then replaced the buildings with the originals included in CMH 928 mod and it started up, then restarted. I then went back to the original maps (from my original backup) and everything works great!

I think that it has something to do with the maps I have... Any thoughts?

Did you copy licenses and hacked EZRider over as well?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did, the ones that came with CHM 928 mod and I tried the ones on page 2 of this thread (the ir.zip link). Same things kept happening.

There is one thing, when I downloaded the files and extracted them, i did receive several errors (mainly some of the maps had 0kb - it appears to only have been the ones that were first listed in the next file - going from 1 to 2, the first on listed in two would be a repeat of the last one in 1, but it would be empty - make sense?). By going through them all, I was able to get all the maps - for a total of 814 MB - roughly. The POI - 401 MB. Buildings - 49.8MB. Does that seem about right for file sizes?

The Ezrider was 5.27 mb - modified on 11/13/08 - with a key of GENERIC_iGO8_WorldWide@801Product.lic

The other EZrider i tried was the same with a key of Asbis_PNA_EEU@0807_(NNG+TA,_WEUMRE)_ASBISGPS450.lic

By the way - f700BT

I had the same prob. What i had to do to fix was format the SD card in fat, re-extract the maps from the 13 rar files to the sd card and then reinstall them back on to the avic. For some reason though i do not have the hacked license just the hacked ezrider and they work fine now.

Good luck

I figured it out! I don't know how many times I read the post saying you have to update the file name for rar13 for the underscores... Duh... I hadn't done that, so when I extracted the files, I was getting errors, I thought I had gotten around them because I was able to find all the maps/pois for the states that had data in them. Boy was I wrong. As soon as I updated the name of 13rar, extracted everything and transferred them to the unit it worked beautifully!

Thanks everyone for your help!

hey does anyone know if the building files in CMH's ALL-IN-ONE MOD are the same/older than the one from this thread? im asking cause if you look at the files from this thread they are dated from 07-08 and the ones from CMH is all from 09.. just curious is someone can knows the diff between the two. thanks

hey does anyone know if the building files in CMH's ALL-IN-ONE MOD are the same/older than the one from this thread? im asking cause if you look at the files from this thread they are dated from 07-08 and the ones from CMH is all from 09.. just curious is someone can knows the diff between the two. thanks

Same question here. I'm looking to update the FL maps to the latest, I DL'd the ones off http://igo8.gpssoftware.us/igo8.0.htm but am waiting to install them. I have Cmh28's mod installed already, so the hacked EZRider file is already on my system. Therefore, installing these maps (if they are indeed the latest and newer than included in Cmh28's - if not, no point to do so) should just require copying the state's files into the appropriate folder?

Thanks for any and all help!