AVIC411.com

Tested Phones for Z1 (updated listing)

Does anyone know if the new iPhone works with the Z2? Thanks. :D

I found that the quality of my calls increased dramatically with the iPhone and the AT&T service on my Z1 versus my old phone the razar and Tmobile. The people I call now say that they can hear me much better and they do not hear the roar of my engine each time I shift. Plus not even a slight hint of echo – no echo at all.

When receiving or making a call the phone also lets you choose between the car speakers or the phone’s ear piece (it will default to the car speakers if nothing is chosen). This is nice for those times when things are loud around you or you need to make the call more private from the people in the car with you.

During a call it will also switch to the phone’s ear piece automatically when you get out of the car – unlike the razar were you had to push a button.

When you plug in the phone and it talks about incapability and do you want to go to switch to airport mode – say no. It is compatible and we will be able to send contact information to the Z1/Z2 in future releases of the iPhone software.

Hear are some things that helped me:

1. Turn off your phone once a day (this will greatly help reduce dropped calls and quirks when surfing the net)

2. Do not leave the phone in your car during the summer heat (heat will reduce the life of the battery in your phone – heat is a killer on the long term use of a battery)

3. To extend the amount of battery time you have between charges:

A. Turn off blue tooth when not in use – I only use it when I’m in the car

B. Turn off WiFi when not in use

C. Video is the number one battery hog and second is taking pictures

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just installed the ND-BT1. Works fine with the Nokia N-gage. although you have to transfer contacts one at a time.

I had a "secret" wire bypassable Z1. So I, naturually, assumed that it already had the Bluetooth upgrade. Nope! After mucking around with microphone placement to get rid of the echo, I finally decided to burn & drop the BT update CD into the Z1. Wow! Night & day difference. I imagine that some futher avic411.com research would have saved me alot of grief! (let this be a lesson to you all, when in doubt, or even if your certain, avic411 it!)

I guess I was also one of the lucky ones.I just burned the iso directly to the CD, and got past 99% no prob! :)

You can add the hp iPAQ 6900 series. Mine connects properly and works great. Don't know about the transfer of contacts as I don't want to even try, being that I have over 2000 entries I've only recreated the important ones I call regularly which is only about a dozen.

But it connects everytime I start my 07 Hummer H3 and I can easily receive and place calls.

Sprint Blackberry 7130e

Works great, although I can't figure out how to transfer the phonebook. I typed in my regular ones manually and even loaded their pictures. I'm not so interested in downloading the phonebook anymore.

As a matter of curiousity, however, I would like to know how to send my phonebook from my phone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

my treo 700wx continously disconnects a few minutes into a phone call, you then have to turn off the bluetooth on the phone then back on, then try the call again. You get 1-2 minutes max again before the link disconnects again. Any known solutions or updates?

• 3 weeks later...
  • RonS locked and unlocked this topic