AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

Called and spoke with Kim, a very pleasant lady. She did not ask for a serial number, but she did mention the heavy call volume today. I mentioned that we were all likely following the same message board to which she replied "So you know about the $60 deal then?" and proceeded with the order.

I'm done and the final price came out to $68.75

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had my order confirmed. They required my registration validation. I had registered in March and it wasn't showing up. I was on the phone with them 4 times before being able to order. The finally found me :D

Stay persistent and you will get it but it appears to be conflicting information relating to whether you need to be registered or not :roll:

Anyone want to place an order for a fellow Canadian (I have a US shipping address)?

I tried calling the 1-866-214-1310 number, but it's not accessible for Canadians (strange since it's listed on the pioneerelectronics.ca website...)

I can paypal the total.

Anyone want to place an order for a fellow Canadian (I have a US shipping address)?

I tried calling the 1-866-214-1310 number, but it's not accessible for Canadians (strange since it's listed on the pioneerelectronics.ca website...)

I can paypal the total.

It's funny how if I had just refreshed before I posted I would have seen the number haha... I swear he posted while I was reading the other posts! ;-P

To everyone saying they can share it since you don't need the serial when placing the order, think about this.. No software you buy requires your Mac address to buy, When you first install it, it combines everything to identify it with that PC. Now at some point, amybe someone will come up with a crack but just pay the 70 and stop bitching/whining . You all cried over the 130 price, you now have a chance to get it for 60 plus freight/aplicable taxes and you still whine. I really like my unit, and gladly paid 70 to enhance it even more.

Brian

Ok, just got off the phone with the Canadian order desk (1-866-562-7093).

CNSD-100FM shows up in their system (as they share the same inventory system as the US). The order desk guy checked and said that it's not currently available to order in Canada, and he doesn't know when....

For all the people speculating that update MIGHT be linked to our serial numbers and pioneer not actually asking for them when we order, the update could still be linked to your serial number. All it take is a little script that checks your serial number during the update process and then locks the update to your unit.

To tell you the truth it really doesnt matter if it is linked to our units someone will hack it in the first 5-10min they get their hands on it.

I ordersed mine for the $60, but if it was going to be $130 you can bet your sweet a$$ i would have waited for someone to post it for DL. 8)

For all the people speculating that update MIGHT be linked to our serial numbers and pioneer not actually asking for them when we order, the update could still be linked to your serial number. All it take is a little script that checks your serial number during the update process and then locks the update to your unit.

To tell you the truth it really doesnt matter if it is linked to our units someone will hack it in the first 5-10min they get their hands on it.

I ordersed mine for the $60, but if it was going to be $130 you can bet your sweet a$$ i would have waited for someone to post it for DL. 8)

That's probably exactly the reason why it's available for $60 + tax/shipping...

Ok so I will continue the order thread with my order details.............

Called a couple of times and got a voice mail asking to leave a message, then just kept trying and to my surprise a lady named Cathy answered and I stated I would like to order the future update to the ..............

And that is where she interrupted me and said let me guess, You want the F series update for the 700BT and you heard about the special price on the AVIC411 website right? And goes on to say that she has over 70 voice mails to return. :mrgreen:

Since I had already registered with Pioneer the process went quite quickly and she gave me the confirmation order number followed by an email receipt.

Again as others have stated ship date looks to be end July 1st week of August.

Thanks AVIC411

edit: Wow just realized that this was my first post...... no longer a lurker :lol:

-T