AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

I just wanted to put in my experience and see if anyone got the same care. I called into the customer service number (US care) and the lady took a look at who I needed to talk too. She then gave me the parts number (US again: 800-228-7221) and after a few more minutes of waiting someone got on the phone to help. I asked about the 3.0 update that I saw on their website (I didn't mention anything about this website) and that I wanted to place an order for it. I didn't really want to pay and I was going to ask about getting just the fix for the bad software but either way I was ready to pay the $60-$70 bucks and get the map update. Any how, the lady said I was suppose to download it from the main web page but she would be happy to place an order for me as well. I asked her to show me where I can down load it and that is when she realized that there was no down load and she continued the order.

Here is the real kicker... She did NOT ask for a credit card of kind, ZERO charge, NO money was exchanged. I mentioned 3.0 specifically several times and said "as long as it's the 3.0 update I'll be happy to wait the 3 weeks". She said it was 3.0 and emailed me the confirmation order but that email doesn't say anything about what I ordered.

Sorry for the long post but do you guys think I should call back and see if someone else can look up the order and make sure it's the right one? I don't want to wait 3 weeks and then have call in again and wait another couple weeks.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to put in my experience and see if anyone got the same care. I called into the customer service number (US care) and the lady took a look at who I needed to talk too. She then gave me the parts number (US again: 800-228-7221) and after a few more minutes of waiting someone got on the phone to help. I asked about the 3.0 update that I saw on their website (I didn't mention anything about this website) and that I wanted to place an order for it. I didn't really want to pay and I was going to ask about getting just the fix for the bad software but either way I was ready to pay the $60-$70 bucks and get the map update. Any how, the lady said I was suppose to download it from the main web page but she would be happy to place an order for me as well. I asked her to show me where I can down load it and that is when she realized that there was no down load and she continued the order.

Here is the real kicker... She did NOT ask for a credit card of kind, ZERO charge, NO money was exchanged. I mentioned 3.0 specifically several times and said "as long as it's the 3.0 update I'll be happy to wait the 3 weeks". She said it was 3.0 and emailed me the confirmation order but that email doesn't say anything about what I ordered.

Sorry for the long post but do you guys think I should call back and see if someone else can look up the order and make sure it's the right one? I don't want to wait 3 weeks and then have call in again and wait another couple weeks.

I'd say if it sounds too good to be true..

Found a way for Canadians to get through...

Use Skype and call the US 1-866 number! I just placed an order (had it shipped to a receiver in the states which I use)

I got a conf#, but haven't received the email yet. Hoping for a surprise next month in the mail :)

I'd say if it sounds too good to be true..

Point and case: I'm on hold with them again.

Hi everyone - -

We should have the buy now button on our site in the next little bit for the CNSD-100FM. Please note that you'll see it priced at $130. After you hit "buy now" it will automactically be reduced to $60.00 in your cart. Don't forget it's limited quanties!!

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... CNSD-100FM

Thanks!! :lol:

is this a joke? I hope not, cause I have the automatic refresh extension on Firefox refreshing every 5 minutes, so I can go drink more beer and eat more Tostino's pizza rolls. Yes. This is the life.

Hi everyone - -

We should have the buy now button on our site in the next little bit for the CNSD-100FM. Please note that you'll see it priced at $130. After you hit "buy now" it will automactically be reduced to $60.00 in your cart. Don't forget it's limited quanties!!

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... CNSD-100FM

Thanks!! :lol:

is this a joke?

Only makes sense if you think this site has generated so much work for them. :idea:

Does anyone have a product code for the update... I'm being told that it doesn't exsist and that the only update is 2.0006 and that is free.

I've talked to customer care, parts department, customer care again, and the parts department again!

I even told the guy it's a 3.0 update and I have a website that has numerous people purchased this update... are you telling me they are mistaken? He said "I'm not here to argue with you, this is what I have". I politely asked him to ask someone else for me.

Wish me luck!

Does anyone have a product code for the update... I'm being told that it doesn't exsist and that the only update is 2.0006 and that is free.

I've talked to customer care, parts department, customer care again, and the parts department again!

I even told the guy it's a 3.0 update and I have a website that has numerous people purchased this update... are you telling me they are mistaken? He said "I'm not here to argue with you, this is what I have". I politely asked him to ask someone else for me.

Wish me luck!

Then you didn't call the Direct Sales Line.

It's been posted a few pages ago. Read up, fwend.

EDIT: You people are going to be too lazy and repost this exact question in 1 page anyway, so I'll just hand it to your lazy azz on a silver platter.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25068&start=345#p172170

I ordered the update for $68. No serial required. I figured buy the update, Copy the sd cards and see if it works, then return the originals.

Call me a scammer or a theif but pioneer is the real theif for releasing a bastard product that is full of bugs.

Wish me luck!

Then you didn't call the Direct Sales Line.

It's been posted a few pages ago. Read up, fwend.

EDIT: You people are going to be too lazy and repost this exact question in 1 page anyway, so I'll just hand it to your lazy azz on a silver platter.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25068&start=345#p172170

I did miss the number directly to Kim oringially. I looked back like you guys said and called her up. God she is a sweet heart! I say we all send her a gift package. I did have the part number directly off the website and that is exactly what the guy said did NOT exsist. I ask for help when I need it, I'm not that lazy!

I do appreciate everyones help on this. Sorry for being the noob here.

Just got thru and got it ordered. The lady answering the phone said she was the only one there today and the phones haven't stopped all day. LOL

Yea, I'm playing tag with the answering machine. So far the machine has 8 point and counting.

Ok, order has been placed. Corina is also awesome but she said we can't send her anything because she doesn't want to be posioned, haha.

Thanks for everyones help and a big thanks for the girls answering the phones. I'm sure they have been hit on enough today, haha.