AVIC411.com

3.0 Map/Firmware update released

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you guys gotten charged for your order already or wil lthey charge it when they ship?

Capital One took it out of my "available credit", but that doesn't necessarily mean they've charged my card. Most companies will not charge your card until they have shipped the product, to avoid complications.

as far as i know it is not possible to order the update in Europe yet.

i have not contact pioneer directly, the car dealership where i purchased the unit was told by pioneer that the update was not yet available for order (this was a week ago)

i will be at the car dealership on wednesday and will ask them again about the status of update 3.0

if he has some news i will let you know

have you guys gotten charged for your order already or wil lthey charge it when they ship?

Capital One took it out of my "available credit", but that doesn't necessarily mean they've charged my card. Most companies will not charge your card until they have shipped the product, to avoid complications.

I agree but in this case the charge is real. It hit my bankcard just like a regular purchase. No big deal but like you mention, companies usually do not charge till the product ships. I order a lot from different places and up till now (being first time) nobody has charged my card till the product was in stock and shipped.

Not complaining and if something does go wrong, I just call the bank with the info and the charge will be reversed. Already tagged it in the online account so I won't loose track of it.

wow, its about time they came out with a mpa update. By chance I went to pioneers website to check for a miracle of a firmware update, and it shows 2.06, which a few flimsy minor updates (3). Im happy i did a search and found this, and at least map updates and a new firmware are available.

Hurray!

I have been using my f90bt for about 2 months, and have been less then thrilled with it. I am having all types of lag, freeze ups with phone, and non-responsiveness...other than that it works great :P

And Europe knows something? In the page of USA already announced, but in the page of Europe did not exist at all.

Does anyone in Europe have contacted to Pioneer?

I contacted Pioneer Finland today and they told me that the update will be available here after 1-2 weeks for about 150 euros. They said that you will only receive a "code" after purchase which lets you order those SD cards from the page where you have registered your player. They said that those SD cards only work with my player (actually the lad told me that you can make it work with every player by just changing the S/N to a file inside those cards so I think the "grey" update also works). The price is pretty "salty" here but it will include free map updates for a year...

I also contacted Pioneer Finland, and got an email response two days ago. It sayd that update is available in near future from resellers for a retail price of 200 eur. I hope the guy who answered to you knows more than the guy who answered to me, 150 eur sounds bad enough.

Maybe Kenwood for the next ride...