AVIC411.com

AVIC-X Series 3.0 Firmware Update

download the data.zip file, extract this file and you will find a DATA directory (Sound / SplashPic). now copy that one over your existing one and voila new sounds.

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU CHANGE FILES on your radio head!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the Windows CE update - buttons respond faster. Thanks Bill Gates!

But still bluetooth froze, and frankly this is a pain in the butt. The average consumer would not be able to do this.

....funny, as I did not think we were "the average consumer." For those people there are two options:

1. Return the unit if they are unhappy with it. :(

2. Wait for the pushbutton updates from Pioneer. :|

....Meanwhile, this community will continue to forge ahead and show the great people at M$ and Pioneer the "art of the possible." :)

Did the Windows CE update - buttons respond faster. Thanks Bill Gates!

But still bluetooth froze, and frankly this is a pain in the butt. The average consumer would not be able to do this.

....funny, as I did not think we were "the average consumer." For those people there are two options:

1. Return the unit if they are unhappy with it. :(

2. Wait for the pushbutton updates from Pioneer. :|

....Meanwhile, this community will continue to forge ahead and show the great people at M$ and Pioneer the "art of the possible." :)

Right, we are not the average consumer. If I were an average consumer I would have sent it back a long time ago. I kid you not, the dealer at Custom Sounds was telling me his customers hated the AVIC-F, one guy punched the screen in.

no, it's very childish, it's an impulse because things are not going their way... I have too been tempted to take the thing and beat it with my Iphone (2 birds 1 stone) but refrained since it will not change a thing besides my bank account.

Well maybe he made enough money that it was worth the 1000 bucks or whatever just to take his frustration out on it.

And yes, I suppose there could have been a more mature way to deal with it, but its a good example of how frustrating this can be.