AVIC411.com

AVIC-X Series 3.0 Firmware Update

Are you saying the x910 file you loaded with didn't come with the 2009 maps? It should have.

It's just that CE doesn't handle copy and replace very well. I did this when I had to restore my firmware and had no issue.

Finally got it done. I deleted the entire flash disk and put x910 on then loaded new firmware. It only took me all night.lol. Now where are those 2009 maps...and my 60.00 refund from Pioneer..lol

2008.1 is what mine shows. Everyone else confirm?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep 2008.1 are the maps you get with 3.0 and 3.01. Does anyone else not like the update Im seriously considering putting 2.0 back untill some mods come out for 3.0. I really miss the quick launch icons and being able to mute and cancel route on the map screen without having to into a bunch of sub screens. The only benefit is the improved 2d but I cant stand 2d so thats no benefit to me. Oh well I guess this is a good oppurtunity to learn how to develop the mods and not just implement them.

Boot time is the same for me, about 45 seconds for everything to be up and running. I tried entering a location today on my way to work and the screen would get stuck so I would have to press the map button to refresh it. It did do this every once in a while pre 3.0 but not nearly as much and I figured it would of been resolved. Dont really have any major complaints but theres not really any major improvenments either(minus button response but I already had the new ce image flashed). I would deff. be pissed if I spent the 70 bucks for this. I think I will be happy once some mods came out, I just wish I knew enough about programming to develop some myself.

Are you guys using the patched ezrider2007? I did a complete format of My Flash Disk and copied over the new 3.0 one and it is loading up but giving the infamous "System loading.." message with the maps not working. I had previously done the update of just the Apl folder and had gotten it to work, but after replacing the entire flash disk with the new 3.0...I am getting stuck. Would really appreciate any help or comments on how you guys installed and got it to work. Thanks so much!

I did not use the hacked ez rider, I used what came in the 3.0 file posted. This is what I did not sure if its the fastest but it worked. Since I already had the wince image flashed I went into testmode single clicked on my flash disk and deleted it.(Doing this will only allow you to delete all files inside it wont allow you to delete the actuall flash disk folder) Once that was complete I individually put all the folders from the 3.0 flash disk into the original flash disk that was now completely empty(took about 15 minutes). Once I was fone with that I booted up the system to verify it worked than followed the instruction off pioneers website for the 3.01 update. Hope that works for you if it doesnt let me know.

One thing you guys need to realize is that its very possible this is not exactly what is coming with the 3.0 update for the f series from pioneer.

Who knows for sure, but I wouldn't say definitively this is exactly what we will be getting, related to version of maps etc.

The biggest thing im looking forward to is, A. the signage B. the default ipod is always set to on in the settings. And C. Having more up to date maps.

Now I currently have the 2008.4 maps.

I have download the flash backup file and I will do the update tonight after my son goes to bed, (too much info I know) but I will figure it out then.

But I will have a backup version of my unit as it is right now with the mod, wince updated etc. Its working great, but I would enjoy the newer may 2009 maps that are included in the update (from the video posted for the f700bt to 3.0 from the other forum it stated this is the map version and was shown.)

if I am not tickled pink with the 3.0, I will just go back to enjoy the awesome mods and wait until there is some luck doing that with 3.0's 8.3 version of igo

I did not use the hacked ez rider, I used what came in the 3.0 file posted. This is what I did not sure if its the fastest but it worked. Since I already had the wince image flashed I went into testmode single clicked on my flash disk and deleted it.(Doing this will only allow you to delete all files inside it wont allow you to delete the actuall flash disk folder) Once that was complete I individually put all the folders from the 3.0 flash disk into the original flash disk that was now completely empty(took about 15 minutes). Once I was fone with that I booted up the system to verify it worked than followed the instruction off pioneers website for the 3.01 update. Hope that works for you if it doesnt let me know.

Thank you so much Tyler....after doing it using your method, it ended up working fine for me. Really appreciate the help!

Does anyone have a copy of the 3.01 update? Pioneer seems to have taken it down off of their site for the time being. I got the 3.0003/CE updated no problem on my 700. Working great so far. Loving the faster button response and I no longer mind the key beeps. Just wish it would boot up a bit faster, but right now it's about 21 seconds to iPod, 45 seconds for Navi, and a minute for BT/VR, which is not too bad.

Does anyone have a copy of the 3.01 update? Pioneer seems to have taken it down off of their site for the time being. I got the 3.0003/CE updated no problem on my 700. Working great so far. Loving the faster button response and I no longer mind the key beeps. Just wish it would boot up a bit faster, but right now it's about 21 seconds to iPod, 45 seconds for Navi, and a minute for BT/VR, which is not too bad.

Just looked an it is there now.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... port?tab=B