AVIC411.com

AVIC-X Series 3.0 Firmware Update

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing you guys need to realize is that its very possible this is not exactly what is coming with the 3.0 update for the f series from pioneer.

Who knows for sure, but I wouldn't say definitively this is exactly what we will be getting, related to version of maps etc.

The biggest thing im looking forward to is, A. the signage B. the default ipod is always set to on in the settings. And C. Having more up to date maps.

Now I currently have the 2008.4 maps.

I have download the flash backup file and I will do the update tonight after my son goes to bed, (too much info I know) but I will figure it out then.

But I will have a backup version of my unit as it is right now with the mod, wince updated etc. Its working great, but I would enjoy the newer may 2009 maps that are included in the update (from the video posted for the f700bt to 3.0 from the other forum it stated this is the map version and was shown.)

if I am not tickled pink with the 3.0, I will just go back to enjoy the awesome mods and wait until there is some luck doing that with 3.0's 8.3 version of igo

My guess is this is exactly what you are going to get for the $60. Why would they develop a whole new unit and put less up to date maps and firmware on it(this is a copy of the flash disk of a x900bt). I mean I guess there is a minute possibility they released some displays(which i believe this is where the files came from) with less up to date files but knowing pioneer and how long they have taken to come out with each update I highly doubt it. Besides it wont take long to get a hacked easy rider so we can put the newest maps on our selves. Also if when you say signage, if your referring to the apple chip that wont be included in the 3.0 that is in the hardware of the x-series. And according to a few people with the 3.01 update, av1 is set to Ipod but it isnt for me so I dont know whats up.

Thanks everyone, i did the updates, everything went well, but the maps say 2008.10. Any idea why?

The actual time stamp is 2009 may, when you look at them on the computer, thats the date the files are stamped. I think 2008.10 is some sort of internal version number but is not the date. but who knows unless you work there. The maps put out last year were versioned 2007 something.

Thanks so much to all the users involed in sharing this. This is great sharing,(North America) and greatly appreciated.To bad no one from Europe has shared this at their side of the pond.(hopefully someone will soon). Installing tomorrow and looking forward to making the unit work a little faster. Thanks again to all involved.

The maps in the flash copy over from the x series ( I think there are two things going around right now, 1. just updating wince and 2. A complete copy over of the x series flash drive. If you do no 2, you get new maps which are dated may 2009, (it also says 2008.10, but im going to assume the may 2009 makes more sense. given the unit was released in June. The maps say last modified may 2009. So im assuming that is the date they were froze at.

Does anyone think that the maps on the 60.00 update are different than what we have on this complete update. I would really like to know somehow, because I ordered the disk before I did this hack. It won't ship until August, but I don't want to throw out 60 bucks for nothing.

So I haven't modded or done anything to my unit at all.. it has the 2.0 update thats it. can someone tell me step by step what i need to do in order to put this update on my unit thanks a lot!!

1. Start by reading the beginning of this thread and this one..viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25703 and the main hacks thread.

2. Re-do step 1.

3. After doing both of those, you should be able to backup your unit on SD card.

4. Hack away.

5. Pray

By all means, I am not being a smart ass, but reading is the most important part of this process.