AVIC411.com

AVIC-X Series 3.0 Firmware Update

HI all.

I did all the updates and the handbrake softmod, everything works as it should, i`m extremely impressed with this unit, mine is a F700BT.

Anyhow I started looking at other mods posted on this site and there are two mods in particular that i really would like to use one is the GPS screen mute button, i tried the loading the text from viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18624 into the data zip folder, but unit just hangs then restarts, changed the data zip back and everything works fine.

The other is I would like to see the turn icons with a transparent background, anyone got any of these to work yet, if ya have please let me know how how did them.

Many thanks guys.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a quick search on Pioneer's website will lead you to an AVIC-X Series 3.0 Firmware update. It is roughly the same size as 2.0 and can be downloaded for free. Not only that but in the update, there is NO mention of the X Series. There is however mention of the F Series :lol:

[2008 Navigation Application Release Record]

Product : AVIC-F500BT/F700BT/F900BT

20090623 10:09

Release File : APL

Release Version : 3.010100 20090623

[2009 Navigation Platform Release Record]

Product : AVIC-F700BT/AVIC-F900BT

Fri. Apr. 24 12:00:00 2009

Release File : PLT

Release Version : 6.2.1.9

Does this mean I can upgrade the APL portion from this package on my F500BT, but not the PLT (Windows CE).

I personally was not able to boot the update, I did have the balls to overwrite my files in testmode with the update files which did not work. Next step I will try just copying the APL folder.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... port?tab=B

http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1010/firm ... Update.zip

Get it while it's hot :roll:

Yes news,stocks and don't remember the other two.

hey, i was wondering if this will work on a us version f90. also wanted to know if you guys got the extra MSN options after the update? if someone could let me know that would be great... thanks
  • 2 weeks later...

Need a little bit of help.

I can get the 3.0 update on my F700BT no problem, but the 3.01 ... not a chance.

I get the System Startup In Progress on the main screen... it sits there for 3 minutes or so, then reboots my carputer.

WinCE is updated, everything runs fine with the 3.0 version. I've formatted My Flash Disk 3 times, and reverted back to 3.0 and applied the 3.01 update but still no go.

I am at a loss. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I do not have any mods installed at the moment. The only thing different about my F700 is that the grounding wire is done to the chassis and I just softmod the data.zip later.

Please help.

---------EDIT--------

Nevermind, I figured out the problem. I formatted my SD card and downloaded the files and did everything properly, but I guess for some reason the HU doesn't like how Macbook Pro laptops does that process or something.

I loaded up bootcamp (Windows XP) did everything the exact same and it worked without a hitch. I am now running 3.01 Firmware on my F700BT without a hitch and it's awesome.

Is there currently any way to get the complete 3.0 update including updated igo.. on a F90BT?

without the update SD...

I have had non stop problems and it seems aside from the cosmetic differences .. pioneer just fixed somethings in the software and now resells it for X... that seems a bit shady imo. Im a bit frustrated at this point.. I bought this unit in june .. the week I find out about the 3.0.

• 4 months later...