AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

OK IM A NOOB AND I AM TURELY ASHAMED. No with that out of the way, here is my question. Has anyone put how to install the 3.0 & the 3.01 Update on Video. I would love to see someone go the whole thing, from start to finish. just set up a new account to youtube and noone will ever know.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

I don't know if this will help anyone here but when I did my update I started doing it with my car ignition in the "ACC" (Accessory) setting, this caused the unit to continuously restart a few seconds after inputting the password combination via the volume button.

The car's ignition has to be in the "ON" setting to do this update. Make sure your battery is able to power your unit for at least 20 mins otherwise you may want to start the car and keep it running before you start the process. But I would not advise you do this unless totally necessary, be kind to the environment. :mrgreen:

Okay, I've done an upgrade on my Canadian F900BT using this guide, and it worked. Kinda.

I only have three questions:

1. When I play music (I've only tested off an SD card), it's slow. VERY slow. As in I'll hit Next Track and it'll play nearly the whole track before it goes. That's new. Old firmware was slow in general, but not like this. Same SD card and all that. If I go back to the main screen, it's all fast again. Is it because I'm using list view? I'd hate to have to go back to 2.06 because of it, but it really irritates me...

2. Everyone mentions the 3.01 firmware. What is it? What are the changes? How do I install it?

3. Is there a softmod so I don't have to have my ebrake on to change routes / play video?

Okay, I've done an upgrade on my Canadian F900BT using this guide, and it worked. Kinda.

I only have three questions:

1. When I play music (I've only tested off an SD card), it's slow. VERY slow. As in I'll hit Next Track and it'll play nearly the whole track before it goes. That's new. Old firmware was slow in general, but not like this. Same SD card and all that. If I go back to the main screen, it's all fast again. Is it because I'm using list view? I'd hate to have to go back to 2.06 because of it, but it really irritates me...

2. Everyone mentions the 3.01 firmware. What is it? What are the changes? How do I install it?

3. Is there a softmod so I don't have to have my ebrake on to change routes / play video?

Well i get the sd screen freeze up at times and can't change anything!~ Still baffles me and no one has a fix for it? Seems to be worse with mods.

So that's NORMAL? Wow. Does it happen on 3.01 as well? Was that one of the fixes? Can anyone answer the three questions from before?

3.01 is hosted on the Pioneer website. Instructions are with it.

The bypass instructions are the same for all firmware versions of F and X series radios. Ground the parking brake wire, and either a) move the mute wire to pin 4 and ground it, or B) modify the software setting for maximum speed with the brake off. Both are well documented here.

No idea on the SD issue, haven't tested it.

How long should it take to go from step 6 to 7? Mine says "Read Progress 100%" but doesn't seem to advance to step 7..! Help! It's been about 15 min so far. Will I brick it if I turn it off and try again???? Please help ASAP!!!
Well I waited for about 30 min and nothing changed, so I rebooted it and it's still working at 2.0. Can anyone help me understand why it didn't work? I followed the guide perfectly:

Here's what I did: Wiped my SD card and made sure it is FAT32.

Put 2 files on it, WINCEIMG.BIN and WINCEIMG.CKS.

Followed the directions to step 6, and it just hung indefinitely. Tried a 2nd time and got the EXACT same result.

PLEASE someone HELP!

How long should it take to go from step 6 to 7? Mine says "Read Progress 100%" but doesn't seem to advance to step 7..! Help! It's been about 15 min so far. Will I brick it if I turn it off and try again???? Please help ASAP!!!
Well I waited for about 30 min and nothing changed, so I rebooted it and it's still working at 2.0. Can anyone help me understand why it didn't work? I followed the guide perfectly:

Here's what I did: Wiped my SD card and made sure it is FAT32.

Put 2 files on it, WINCEIMG.BIN and WINCEIMG.CKS.

Followed the directions to step 6, and it just hung indefinitely. Tried a 2nd time and got the EXACT same result.

PLEASE someone HELP!

GUYS for the last time use this improved guide!

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817

:roll: how many times do we have to say it? Once you use this better guide, its fairly idiot proof... or so i thought. :shock:

GUYS for the last time use this improved guide!

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817

:roll: how many times do we have to say it? Once you use this better guide, its fairly idiot proof... or so i thought. :shock:

Way to be a jerk but your response doesn't help at all. Up to that point the directions are the same. I boot the system, enter the up up down menu left right code, select upgrade from SD (format), and this is where it hangs. So, anyone with useful/helpful information?

Try wiping your card and re-downloading everything using perhaps a different web browser. I fear people may be getting corrupt downloads and that's why you're getting problems. I performed the upgrade with no problems, my SD card works perfectly when playing MP3's off it it no matter what screen I'm in...