AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

A very BIG thanks to everyone who contributed on getting this out. I can't explain how much I appreciate it.

At first, I was a bit skeptical and worried I might brick the NAV with a "hacked" firmware/map upgrade and be unable to explain it to Pioneer if I sent it in for warranty. But after how smooth and easy the process was, I realized my worried were unwarranted.

Firmware and maps are updated. 3.0 is a lot better and I feel like the value of the F900 I paid for is slowly starting to redeem itself. If not for the unit, at least the developer community here is well worth it. Screw pioneer, you guys are my "tech support".

BTW, just cancelled my order for 3.0 firmware (saved me $69). I recommend others do the same.

Uploaded 3.1 on my 90BT, now I get random reboots and also after a incoming call the unit gos to the map instead of staying on the audio source.. Any ideas?

How did you install?

Have you Modified any files?

Should be working if you updated WINce by format and copied all the 3.0 files to My Flash Disc

Then copied all the 3.01 files to the proper locations.

Awesome guide, but one topic remains ambiguous to me

I live in Holland (EU) so I don't need these US/Canada maps. What do I need to do different in the install guide to have EU maps? Or do I just delete all the US maps and copy European maps to the folder that contains all the maps after completing this guide? Does that require a new/hacked ezrider and license?

I haven't performed the upgrade yet so a newbie-like explanation of this part would be REALLY appreciated!

Thanks

Anybody??? Do I just go to Igo/CONTENT and delete all US maps and replace them with european maps?

And ezrider will work the same?

Uploaded 3.1 on my 90BT, now I get random reboots and also after a incoming call the unit gos to the map instead of staying on the audio source.. Any ideas?

How did you install?

Should be working if you updated WINce by format and copied all the 3.0 files to My Flash Disc

I installed just the way it said to on here and then updated to the 3.1 from pioneers web. Other then that I have done nothing differnt..

How did you install?

I installed just the way it said to on here and then updated to the 3.1 from pioneers web. Other then that I have done nothing differnt..

I had the same problem with my system rebooting, however I also had the perpetual "System Startup in Progress" display. I finally solved this by unzipping the file with a different zip program. Sounds easy but it worked for me and have not had any issues since.

They're all there but you have to zoom in too much to see all of them. At the distance that i like to keep it you can only see the streets near you, but not the ones on the perimeter. It used to be able to do this on 2.0. Does no one have an answer to get it back to normal? Maybe someone who still has 2.0 can give us their settings on the smart zoom. Dont know if this will fix it...tried too many combos on the settings and nothing helped.

The upgrade for me went flawlessly, thanks the the great guides here in this forum. I even went through the standard 3.01 upgrade from Pioneers website without a hitch. The only problem i have now is that sometime when i turn the unit on or start the car, the stereo starts by playing the SD card even though that was not the last music source it was on when i turned it off. Has anyone else experienced this and what is the fix?

Thank You in advance!

yes when i first turned mine on it played music from my old sd card for like 10 seconds it was wierd haha

Has anyone chimed in yet with whether swapping the maps out with euro maps will work?

No one has answerd this question in this thread and I am also wondering about this. Last night i updated my unit with 3.0 firmware but are still curently using 8.0 maps, I copied inn the APL2 folder from my backup i tok before upgrading the unit, every other folder is from the 3.0 update. I would like to use 8.3 if there is any way to use it with european maps and hope someone have a tut for this.

The 3.0 firmware is absolutely quicker and so far I love it :)

Has anyone chimed in yet with whether swapping the maps out with euro maps will work?

No one has answerd this question in this thread and I am also wondering about this. Last night i updated my unit with 3.0 firmware but are still curently using 8.0 maps, I copied inn the APL2 folder from my backup i tok before upgrading the unit, every other folder is from the 3.0 update. I would like to use 8.3 if there is any way to use it with european maps and hope someone have a tut for this.

Did you try using the nav yet? If so, any issues? My plan is to install the WinCE files and only copy the APL folder from the zip in this thread and then simply copy a hacked ezrider and license file to my flash incl. new european maps.

I guess that should do the trick or could that cause other malfunctions?

Did you try using the nav yet? If so, any issues? My plan is to install the WinCE files and only copy the APL folder from the zip in this thread and then simply copy a hacked ezrider and license file to my flash incl. new european maps.

I guess that should do the trick or could that cause other malfunctions?

The navi works as a charm and I also have the GUGA theme running on the unit.

Using only the APL folder wil work. Be sure to backup your entire Flash Disk because it gets erased when upgrading WinCE, copy everyting from your backup exept the APL folder back from backup and copy the APL from the 3.0. Then copy the hacked ezrider and a new license.

I hope someone will have a solution for european maps on the IGO 8.3.