AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

Hi all, i must say i love the work you are all doing to modify this unit.

I would really like having the 3.0 update on my unit.

I have a US 700BT with 2.0, hacked ezrider, different other hacks and European maps, can i use european maps after this upgrade without the hacked ezrider or is there any steps i can skip to keep my european maps?

Is there someone here who have tested this?

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Hi all, i must say i love the work you are all doing to modify this unit.

I would really like having the 3.0 update on my unit.

I have a US 700BT with 2.0, hacked ezrider, different other hacks and European maps, can i use european maps after this upgrade without the hacked ezrider or is there any steps i can skip to keep my european maps?

Is there someone here who have tested this?

same question here.

Hey everyone

Im in Australia and have an F900BT....and after installing V3.0, the menu just shows the "system startup in progress, please wait" notice and it never goes away, and the system keeps rebooting every 5 mins, and my USB isnt working either!!???

i put in my usb and i was in the usb section in AV source and it looked like it usually does when the usb is loading but after a long long time of waiting, it didnt load :evil:

i tried to install 3.1 and the update screen loaded but it had a red background and it wouldnt update because it said "Incorrect software on sd/usb" so im stuck on 3.0 and ive still got all those problems i said.

I have already formatted my SD card to FAT32 and didnt work.

Could it be that i should do the entire process again, but this time update with FORMAT aswell? i didnt do that last time because i read so many peoples replies that said its best to do it without formatting. And also, if i do format, can i still revert back to my V2.0 if something goes wrong? i.e. will everything still be ok, WinCE wise?

thanks alot everyone

Thank you very much!

Just upgraded my F700BT to 3.0 ... it was a smooth process. Took almost an hour including backup. And yes I formatted when I updated Win CE.

It worked great with one SD card. You don't need to erase the files in step 9. Just copy everything on before you start. (CE image files, Flash Disk Contents and TestMode)

It found my phone right away, keep my custom splash screen and the GPS still works great.

3.0 as everyone else said is MUCH faster.

Installed 3.0 on my f90bt yesterday, including the DATA.ZIP that (I hope I have this right) WilliamG modded. All seems to work well and --indeed-- it is way snappier and responds well to touch now. As others have remarked repeatedly, this is the version that Pioneer should have released originally! It could still be a bit faster in terms of boot-up and rear camera action, but it is now quite acceptable. Not as silky smooth and instantly-responsive as the Toyota-Lexus one I used before, but acceptable...

So this is mainly to thank everyone on this thread for all their input, and even for the seemingly newbie questions-- that all helped, since I did make a few mistakes here and there and found the answers in this thread. Again, many thanks!!

The people who have a hard time with clicking edit, just click and drag the files to the other folder, you dont need to do copy paste. Open your SD card folder, and open your myflashdisk folder (or whatever folder on the unit you need) then click+drag to select all. and click+drag to the bottom where your other folder is, once that pops up, click+drag into the white space so that it copies into the folder. same as computers not that hard.

but really, does anyone know how to fix the street names on 3d zoom. I've tried diff settings on the smart zoom and nothing fixes it, either it zooms out too much and then i have to adjust it, or it zooms to 500 (i think) and you can only see half the streets. Can someone please help us on this? What are the settings exactly that we have to put.

The upgrade for me went flawlessly, thanks the the great guides here in this forum. I even went through the standard 3.01 upgrade from Pioneers website without a hitch. The only problem i have now is that sometime when i turn the unit on or start the car, the stereo starts by playing the SD card even though that was not the last music source it was on when i turned it off. Has anyone else experienced this and what is the fix?

Thank You in advance!

thanks a bunch, my f50bt kept on rebooting, and this fixed the problem. great guide.

couple of things that took me some time to figure out, hope it saves some ppl some time.

on the bootup screen of wince i coudln't reach the edit copy, so i had to use the keyboard control C+ and control + V

to copy and paste the files.

as someone said before, don't unzip the data.zip file, just upload it.

my other mistake was puting all the files of bootloader on to the sd card, when you should have a folder directory with all the files inside it, instead of having all the files on the sdcard with no folder. (not sure if that made sense)

=)

thanks again.

LOL :0 didn't know about the calibration thing in window ce,

but that little keyboard at the bottom right corner,

i selected everything with my ds pen in one folder, Then I clicked control tand then click C to copy went to the other folder

click control and then V. TO paste it.

It worked for me. >< but yeah again didn't know about the calibration. NExt time i''lll do that. thanks =)

Awesome guide, but one topic remains ambiguous to me

I live in Holland (EU) so I don't need these US/Canada maps. What do I need to do different in the install guide to have EU maps? Or do I just delete all the US maps and copy European maps to the folder that contains all the maps after completing this guide? Does that require a new/hacked ezrider and license?

I haven't performed the upgrade yet so a newbie-like explanation of this part would be REALLY appreciated!

Thanks