AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

All I can say is thank you SO MUCH. I have ordered the update, but in the meantime my unit was dead. I had tried the 2.00006 and it blew my unit away and it was gone. I have a F700BT and this worked perfectly and you really saved me a lot of time, and this is like getting a new radio, much faster, easier and looks better, and I love the enhanced GPS. Finally track north up, and warning signs about the exits before you see them even when you don't have a route. This is a great.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

ok so i updated the winCE files bu when i repoted in test mode and got to the file in explore i was unable to hit the edit to copy all the files it was like i cant reach it on the screen. i cant hit high enought for it to go. did any one else have this problem? please help thanks

ok so i updated the winCE files bu when i repoted in test mode and got to the file in explore i was unable to hit the edit to copy all the files it was like i cant reach it on the screen. i cant hit high enought for it to go. did any one else have this problem? please help thanks

You probably have to recalibrate your screen. Boot it normally and do the screen calibration in the settings.

You probably have to recalibrate your screen. Boot it normally and do the screen calibration in the settings.

when i boot normally it say please wait system startup in progress or something like that

Does that go away eventually? Maybe someone knows a way to hit the edit button without needing to do the recalibration, or else you might have to figure out a way to go back to the 2.0 software.

when it starts up normally it goes away but i left it on for a good 10 min and it still said it and it wont let me do anything else

Hi everyone-- Thanks soo much for doing all this work and for sharing it with us!

I need a bit of hand-holding, please; not much, just a bit...

I installed the ver. 3.0 on my F90BT and all seems fine. Now, however, do I understand correctly that the "soft bypass" and other goodies are in the DATA.ZIP folder that is part of the "install files" download? My help request is the following: in Step 12, the original guide of retell seems to require copying this Data folder to MyFlash Disk\APL2\iGo. I haven't dared doing this yet because I cannot understand whether that zipped folder (DATA.ZIP), as is, should be copied over the DATA file (which is not zipped) in the iGo sub-directory, or whether I should unzip the Folder first and then copy all the resulting files into the myFlash Disk\APL2\iGo directory. To add to my confusion, there's a DATA folder in MyFlash Disk, but I asssume that that one is not the one that gets overwritten? Can someone please clarify this part of step 12 for me by taking it one step at a time? Thanks so much for your help and patience.

Hi everyone-- Thanks soo much for doing all this work and for sharing it with us!

I need a bit of hand-holding, please; not much, just a bit...

I installed the ver. 3.0 on my F90BT and all seems fine. Now, however, do I understand correctly that the "soft bypass" and other goodies are in the DATA.ZIP folder that is part of the "install files" download? My help request is the following: in Step 12, the original guide of retell seems to require copying this Data folder to MyFlash Disk\APL2\iGo. I haven't dared doing this yet because I cannot understand whether that zipped folder (DATA.ZIP), as is, should be copied over the DATA file (which is not zipped) in the iGo sub-directory, or whether I should unzip the Folder first and then copy all the resulting files into the myFlash Disk\APL2\iGo directory. To add to my confusion, there's a DATA folder in MyFlash Disk, but I asssume that that one is not the one that gets overwritten? Can someone please clarify this part of step 12 for me by taking it one step at a time? Thanks so much for your help and patience.

the DATA file is the one that gets overwritten. It IS a zip file, but it is just not displayed as such. If you notice, the DATA.zip file on your SD card is also just displayed as DATA. Go ahead and copy the DATA file from your sd card onto the one in the iGo folder on the "My Flash Drive" and it will work. Don't unzip anything

Does that go away eventually? Maybe someone knows a way to hit the edit button without needing to do the recalibration, or else you might have to figure out a way to go back to the 2.0 software.

when it starts up normally it goes away but i left it on for a good 10 min and it still said it and it wont let me do anything else

I just did mine and I also had a hard time hitting edit. I did a recalibration before I did anything, too, so that probably wouldn't help you. I think if you just keep trying you'll get it eventually.

Another idea I had for you is that you could create a batch file (.bat extension) to copy the files and run that, instead of hitting copy-paste. I'm going to work on one now and I'll post up instructions in a bit.

the DATA file is the one that gets overwritten. It IS a zip file, but it is just not displayed as such. If you notice, the DATA.zip file on your SD card is also just displayed as DATA. Go ahead and copy the DATA file from your sd card onto the one in the iGo folder on the "My Flash Drive" and it will work. Don't unzip anything

Hey thanks a lot, spacewilly!! I just realized that WinCE hides the extensions... That was helpful and all is well now.

Here is what the batch file should look like, I think. Hopefully someone can try it out and let me know if it works.

batfile.PNG

this assumes your sd card is organized in the following way

sdcard.PNG

here's one I made

http://myfiles.neu.edu/willard.mi/avic411/copy.bat

you should run this from testmode, after you do the WinCE update. It will copy the files required for the 3.0 firmware. If you want to use a customized DATA.zip, put that into the \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo folder on your SD card while it is in your computer.

I put another version of the how-to in the wiki

http://avic411.com/wiki/index.php/Insta ... rrent_File

EDIT: the batch file method doesn't work

Here is what the batch file should look like, I think. Hopefully someone can try it out and let me know if it works.

batfile.PNG

this assumes your sd card is organized in the following way

sdcard.PNG

here's one I made

http://myfiles.neu.edu/willard.mi/avic411/copy.bat

you should run this from testmode, after you do the WinCE update. It will copy the files required for the 3.0 firmware. If you want to use a customized DATA.zip, put that into the \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo folder on your SD card while it is in your computer.

I put another version of the how-to in the wiki

http://avic411.com/wiki/index.php/Insta ... rrent_File

i will deff try this first thing tomorrow morning! in the mean time i downloaded the 2.0006 firmwire update from pioneer and re-installed that. My maps are gone, the unit resets every 5 min but luckily i can get to system settings and i did the screen calibration. i then loaded the updated winCE files and now i will try the rest tomorrow! ill let everyone know how i make out thanks again!

All I can say is WOW - this update works FANTASTIC and the OP has the instructions right on the money! For those of you who are having trouble, you are DEFINATELY not doing something right - just do what I did and print out the instructions and do it step by step in the vehicle!

Thanks again to the OP for bringing the hope for free!

Finally did this right! I was making the mistake of leaving my hard wire bypass set on and it is what caused the navi and system settings to stay grey. I also had a folder that said "data" on it and I wasn't sure what that was all about so I deleted it off the SD card and made it look like the images above.

This is really noob friendly. If you just follow the directions it works great.

For the people that are having a hard time hitting edit, I used a mechanical pencil and it worked easy for me. Why try to fit your finger that close to the frame.

Thank you for everyones help!