AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Another post consolidating the various file links. All links are functional as of today.

WinCE - Download the X910BT 3.0101 firmware directly from Pioneer. The WinCE files are in the PLT folder.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 10BT?tab=F

Another link

http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1010/firm ... Update.zip

Testmode 2.3

download/file.php?id=7376

My Flash Files

See post #1 of this thread viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24888

Thanks to GeoGTO for hosting!

Hope this saves a bit of searching for a few people.

After many hours trying to solve a black screen issue on my F700 I finally was successful installing 3.01. For anyone reading this don't make my mistake and use WinCE files from 2.0. It will kill the upgrade. I'm a slow learner and it took me 10-12 houres and a half dozen install attempts to figure out my mistake. Make sure an use the WinCE files for the type install you are doing. For a downgrade use WinCE from the 2.0 firmware, for a 3.0 upgrade use WinCE from the X910 firmware. Thanks to everyone for contributing to Avic411.

Ok. So the update went in successfully however, I am having the problem of the unit rebooting every two minutes. Music plays and the buttons work, but the unit just reboots itself every 2 minutes or so. I tried deleting the fav folder and the gps.para files as well to no avail. I am currently deleting the entire MyFlashDisk folder and "re-copying" everything back to it as another user suggested and hopefully this will work. If it doesn't, does anyone have any other suggestions on how I can resolve this problem? I know I'm getting close to finishing, just not quite there yet. For those who had it go through without a hitch... congrats, fighting this thing is a pain the butt! lol

Any resolution for this? I've been trying the same thing, and get a very responsive system, with the startup label on it. Reboots after 5 minutes or so. 900 model.

Frustrating to say the least. Using all the correct files, 2 gig SD card on a Macbook pro. No need to extract anything so haven't had to use winrar.

HELP...I have a brick!

Unfortunately I started out trying do the the 3.0 upgrade via instructions from the Hacks/Mods forum and ended up on this thread.

I downloaded the Pioneer Update 3.0 zip which contains the following:

SD1:

Australian_model (folder), Eurpoean_model (folder), LPUE080 (folder), North_American_model (folder), Russian_Model (folder) and .ds_store

SD2:

CONF (folder), Flash (folder), LPUE080 (folder), Renewal (folder), Discinfo.txt, Diskid.dat, msnd.firmware.z

Here's what I did:

1. I updated CE by getting to the blue menu, selecting update CE, by SD. Did that.

2. Now when I turn on the unit WITH the SD card in it boots to WinCE (testmode).

3. I then copied the contents of the FLASH (folder) to the "My Flash Disk" folder

When I do all this after removing the SD card I get a black screened brick

PLEASE HELP.

What about completely bypassing this 3.0 update and going straight to 3.01. I filled out the form online to get the SD card/CD/manual free from Pioneer, and here's what the "Information PDF" says:

HOW TO DETERMINE IF THE FIRMWARE UPDATE HAS

ALREADY BEEN INSTALLED:

To determine if the new firmware update has already been installed on an AVIC-X910BT or

AVIC-X710BT, please power on the system and do the following:

1. Press the "Menu" button; then touch the "Settings" tab;

2. Touch the "System Settings" tab; then touch the "Service Information" tab;

3. The "Map version" number and the "Version" number are both displayed -- please look at the

"Version" number, which is displayed on the lower line; and

4. If the "Version" number is "3.000400" or an earlier/smaller number, please install the new

firmware update. If the "Version" number is "3.010100" or a later/larger number, the system

has already been updated with the new firmware.

-------------------

I am aware that it says X model above, but when I click on the link it has a pic of the SD/CD thing and F90BT is listed.

I don't even have my unit installed yet to see what firmware is on it. Still waiting on items to arrive for it for installation.

OK. I am new to Pioneer AVIC F Series. I just upgraded from a Kenwood DNX5120. I am trying to update to 3.0 as my unit came with 2.0. I downloaded all the files posted by user 07Shelby on this page (page 39). Also downloaded the install files from the first post (page 1). I am a little confused on Step 9.

Step 9: Delete all of the files off the SD card and put the testmode folder, DATA file, and the flash dump from torrent on.

As the torrent is not working from the first post, i assume its the same as the link provided by 07Shelby. I see the testmode folder and DATA files from the 3.0 Install Files downloaded from first post links. What are the "Flash Dump?" All the APL, APL2, APL3, and stuff from the downloaded file posted by 07Shelby which are in a folder called LPUE080? Please help this is totally different from updating the Kenwood.

hi, i have the 3.0 file downloaded on my macbook. i know with a mac u cannot mod the data.zip because it wont rezip it properly. does anyone know if i can just put the files on the sd card and upload them normally even though im on a mac. sorry if this question is novice but i do not want to bring my unit

Well I got this installed tonight, but for some reason my GPS is not working. When I go to the GPS settings, I can see several red dots, but there is NO signal. What is going on here? I did the install perfectly...

Went out this morning, turned on the car & its still showing red dots everywhere in the GPS settings. Although, it does have 1 yellow bar for accuracy. I thought this was strange?

Bump for help, please.