AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Hey guys,

Am hoping someone can help me out here and apologies if I have missed a previous post - the only one that showed my problem was something to do with it being bypass and compressing a file... but that's not my case.

I followed the steps in the guide to the letter and have rebooted the F900BT - everything boots without a problem and quickly...

However, the System Startup in Progress box does not disappear - I can access the audio source page (Startup Box Disappears), and get the radio working without a problem, however if I click the Map button, or go in to destination - the "Drive safely warning" appears, but so does the System Startup box... Having the box up means I can't push the ok button and access the Nav...

Has anyone else had the same issue? The only thing I have changed, is I copied the UnitedKingdon.fbl file in to the ALP2 - IGo maps folder - as the maps in the backup I used are all US and Canada - and I'm in the UK. Any ideas?

Would really appreciate anyone's help that can give me a hand!

Cheers!

I'm no expert, but it sounds like what happened to me. It could be that your map is not compatible with iGo 8.3 or that you didn't copy the license across for it.

Does it also reboot after a few minutes? My guess is it does this because it can't load everything (hence the startup message) so reboots to try again.

I fixed it by deleting my old maps and licenses. I've since found current ones and all is well (nav-wise, at least). Also make sure the Device type in sys.txt is correct.

Ok so here's my dilema, I've upgraded everything I need too with some help from SootyLad on this forum...

He's using a 710BT and the updates and UK work fine on his unit.

I have taken an exact copy of his install and mods etc, however on my unit, my GPS can see 6 satellites, but they're red, and the when I click the map button, the map is pitch black.

It seems the GPS is failing to locate me and change the map etc?

Anyone got any ideas?

Ok so here's my dilema, I've upgraded everything I need too with some help from SootyLad on this forum...

He's using a 710BT and the updates and UK work fine on his unit.

I have taken an exact copy of his install and mods etc, however on my unit, my GPS can see 6 satellites, but they're red, and the when I click the map button, the map is pitch black.

It seems the GPS is failing to locate me and change the map etc?

Anyone got any ideas?

I found my problem - I was in a crappy signal area for the sat signal, drove down the road and it worked instantly! I cannot believe how much of a difference the upgrades make to the unit - it's actually useable now!

Hi,

Sorry im new to this but i am trying to upgrade my firmware also and used this site as a guide and source for downloads : http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/suppo ... 700BT.html , I followed the procedure to update it from V1 to V2 and it worked without problems. but now i am trying to do the same with 3.0 however it fails. i did exactly whats described but the card doesn't seem to be recognized. The system yust boots without updating.

Do i need to follow this guide as well ? i have an European version of the F700BT and live in Holland so is this guide suitable for me ?

My maps are outdated also, how am i able to update those ?

Thanks.

i have had my 900bt for nearly a year and it came with 2.0 installed. i just got used to the little issues cause i didnt know how in depth you could go with the software mods.

a friend clued me into the 3.0 update and gave me all the files except he forgot the data.zip file. i already started the update stuff and i cant use torrents at work. i would like to have a functional stereo for my trip to the valley today, can someone email the data file to me if it isnt to large? i have everything else.

grizfyrfyter@gmail.com

put the two files i found in this thread in my dropbox.

you can pull them from here, not sure how long i'll leave them there, but at least for now the will be there until i move them over to one of my web servers...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1314946/3.0%20Update.part1.rar

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1314946/3.0%20Update.part2.rar

hope that helps, should be fairly fast....