AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

I have updated my 2nd unit and F700bt with this and it's working great. I have read through the 40+ pages of this post a couple time. If I have this version of 3.0 am I able to use IDT mod, or will it cause issues? I have his on my wifes F900bt which has the Pioneer 3.0 update... and I love it. I was just curious as to if I could put it on my unit as well. Thanks!

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Where can I get the 3.01 firmware update? I am hoping that is not the one that they want $120 for. I did notice that it said that it was a map upgrade though. I just want the firmware. Anyone know where I can down load it from?

The 3.0 you just flashed your AVIC is the 120$ update! :wink:

To update the 3.0 to 3.01 visit pioneers x910bt update page and download the firmware update form the link. Instructions on how perform the install are on this page as well..

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/In-Dash/GPS-Navigation-Systems/AVIC-X910BT?

Just follow Pioneers instructions; it's pretty straightforward.

The 3.01 update no longer has a link to download. I tried that route last night, I had to order it. I did get the 3.02 download though, just can not use it right now, not until I upgrade to 3.01 then can go to 3.02. That is why I was asking if there was somewhere I could down load it from, since no one can down load it from Pioneer's web site. I think that I might have down loaded it a while back, but I can not remember. Either way I have since deleted it from this computer, I was not going to pay $120 for map updates. Sorry I am a cheap skate. I do have the 3.02 update that was just released on February 26th though. But that is not going to do my any good until I have the 3.01 update that I need now.

But I can say this, 3.0 is like a god send to 2.06. That damn annoying little chime crap is gone to a plenteous little beep like sound. The operation is more fluid, and so much smoother. The response times are like night and day. After you do the upgrade to 3.0 from 2.06 or anything before 3.0, you will see what everyone is talking about. The Navigation maps look 100% better than before, just miss the street the names that were there before. But I think that it is a fair trade off though, since the navigation will get you to where your going anyway. Many thanks to MyItGuy and 211. I had a few problems, posted those problems (even though one of those problems was not clear), 211 piped in and helped me remember no one has ESP. So there is no way they can tell what your saying unless you put it out there what your saying. But I managed to figure out just what I was doing wrong. I will have to say it was something to do with test mode. I ended up with 2 different test modes on the SD Card, one of them worked and got me in there to fix the problem that I was having.

I have just done the 3.0 install using the links on Page 40 and all the information I have gathered from the forum.

I did everything as described but when I restart I get "System Startup. Please Wait." and that doesn't disappear.

So any help will be greatly appreciated. I was upgrading from 1.9 if that makes a difference?

It does not go away because you must press the reset button and let the unit start back up, and then the unit will go into CE and that is where you copy the folder over to your flash drive. If you do not have the correct test mode file on the card it will not work. The test mode file that is needed is for the X910BT, the 3.0 that you have installed on the unit brings your unit to the X series of software.

It does not go away because you must press the reset button and let the unit start back up, and then the unit will go into CE and that is where you copy the folder over to your flash drive. If you do not have the correct test mode file on the card it will not work. The test mode file that is needed is for the X910BT, the 3.0 that you have installed on the unit brings your unit to the X series of software.

No. I mean after I have done everything and copied everything into the Flash Disk on the unit, I restart, and then it goes to the Top Menu, with System Startup. Please Wait. And it doesn't disappear then.

Im now re-downloading some files to try again!

I see what your saying now. You have to try doing the update again. Something did not go right in the install. Download again (as you are) and then install again. Hopefully it all goes well. I had a problem with the wrong test mode on the card, got the right test mode on the card and it went smooth. I even did the update on my wife's Xterra, with absolutely no problems.

I did this tonight with the links posted on page 40 and it seemed to be a success.

However when I rotate the volume knob up or down the track or preset (depending on what I am listening to) scrolls up or down endlessly - any ideas what that is?

I'll try to reinstall tomorrow morning I suppose.

ftp://www.turboss.com/

Found that in the problems and trouble shooting section for the 3.01 update. There is a login and password to get to download the information.

login: avicuser

pword: Avic411

I have not tested nor used this as of yet. I do plan on it though. As I want to use the 3.02 update. After I try this I will report back my findings.

did the 3.0 update from post 40 include the new map update or should we apply that after the fact? I'm just curious got my avic reloaded by pioneer since it was stuck in an infinite reboot cycle after the GPS screwed up and said I was going 9000000mph lol, wish my car was that fast :D

anyhow, was going to update to 3.01 then 3.02 and put the latest maps on before I put this back in the car. I've been running the unit off my 13.8v power supply on my computer desk while I do all these updates.