AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Hello all,

I'm using turboss's ftp download. In these instructions it says to copy the test mode folder, data folder, and the flash from the torrent. Is everything downloaded on turboss's ftp server the flash dump? I put everything on the card, after the wince upgrade, then it won't start up the test mode. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

i finished upgrading to the 2.008 version, works fine. However, those updates were provided by Pioneer and work by just putting the SD card in and letting it run the update.

I reviewed the instructions for this 3.0 update over and over again as the last time I did it as I though I bricked my unit when i overwrote the "My Flash disk" files. Took me threedays to get back to where I started.

So a little cautious this time. I did a review of the diles in my 900's "My Flash Disk"" to the files that are going to be replaced with the x910bt.zip download from turboss.com. There are differences and I think this is what casued my problem last time.

here are the differences I noticed:

there are 3 additional files in the turboss.com DL that would be written to my unit... (Non-Vcard data file, openfileindex text file, and a volume video cd movie). However, if i wipe the files on my 900's "my flash disk" files, I will lose the following 9 folders/files that are currently on my system in the "My Flash disk" folder.... (.fseventsd folder, spotlightv100 folder, miticap folder, testmode folder, archer file, two(2) LPUE80PLT files, and two (2) WinCEimg files).

Does this sound right? I really hate to try this again to find out I'll be radio less again for several days while i go back to the beginning with 2.0 and work my up to 2.008 again.

can I get someone to confirm this is correct or incorrect?

Thanks,

Don

The links in the 1st post don't seem to work.

Seems I end up posting this page after page....

Look back through the last few pages and you will find some links I posted where I uploaded the files to megaupload.com

1500+ downloads and counting with no issues....

Found them, Thanks. It would be nice if they were just fixed on the fist post then it would alleviate these problems. I do appreciate it though. :D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K0WJSCUR

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XDPTH67G

I'm not the op, so I can't control that. However, in general it makes good practice to read through the entire thread to see what issues anyone else is encountering if any (So you can avoid them), or if links to files are broken they may be updated later on in the thread (So you can download them).

I hear ya, I have read a ton of stuff in the last 2 days. Reading 50 pages can take a bit of time. Ultimately I bought an F700Bt used with no harnesses. I want to update it to the newest firmware and maps that I can, then look at possible mods. Do you know if the white plug harness is necassary? I seem to have the Navi and Music working but not sure about the Ipod yet. That harness is over 50 bucks and I wasn't sure what it was for.

Also, before I get too far into DLing, are these for US versions?

I have been reading for weeks and figured i would try it today and this is all i have been doing all damn day idk whats going on... Everything loads fine then i got to restart it i get my splash screen then it goes black...Im trying a diff test mode now and i copied the contents not the folders...I saw a few other ppl say they dont have the dump files i have the folder but nothing in the folder is that how it is supposed to be or is my file corrupt? Any tips or ideas i really need to get this working

NO, as far as I can tell you DO want something in the dump folder. Mine is now not starting past the startup screen because I copied over the dump file not knowing there was nothing in it. Now it just sticks at the startup. When I tried to use the wince update it gets to like 24% or more then the screen goes black, then it sits there.

At this point I am just trying to get mine back to where it was.

Mine loads everything 100% reads it, writes it, CE upgrade complete, restart,Splash Screen, Black Screen!!!

Now I cant even get in to test mode before it was going into test mode then i would do the reset and eject for 5 seconds then it would restart up splash screen then black.... Idk what to do

0785e6c9.jpg