AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Worked Like a Charm on my F90BT!!!

Took about 2 and half hours from the Start (Including reading the forum) to finish...

Thanks MyITGuy.... Your instructions worked perfectly....

3.0 is great... response time is awesome...no more pressing buttons again and again... :)

They weren't my instructions, I just posted the files but thanks anyways!

I just did the 3.0 update on my f900. Everything seems to be working. I just have one question. I used the downloads from ITGuy and everything worked great, even checked the hashes, no problems. I followed the instructions throughout the thread. I didn't have a DATA.ZIP in the DL, I had a DATA folder (it looked correct because it was aprox 1.5 gig). When I coppied everything over to the My Flash Disk, that's where the Data folder went (MyFlashDisk/Data). I didn't move it to the MyFlashDisk/APL2/iGo destination. Is that OK? When I check the service info it says Maps 02.000300, Version 3.000300.

Also, where can I get the 3.01 and 3.02 updates from pioneer? Google didn't help.

Thanks!!

-Brian

Thanks gwilli! I must have read right past that post. I read the 3.02 instal instructions on pioneers website and it said the 3.02 update would work with any 3.xxxx version. I skipped the 3.01 update and jumped straight to 3.02, worked like a charm.

I also tried moving the DATA folder from MYFLASHDRIVE/ over to MYFLASHDRIVE/APL2/IGO/ and the unit got all screwy. The beeps only worked with certain selections and the GPS wouldn't locate. I moved it back to MYFLASHDRIVE/ and everything is working perfectly.

-Brian

i thought i completed this install perfectly fine.....however, at the end, when i must hold the reset and eject buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds ad then release....it still reboots in windows. ive tried reinstalling everything from scratch, and i get the same issue. ive read over 100 pages of the different tutorials, but i am not finding an answer to my problem. i am using the files from the post on page 40. i used one SD Card. hopefully someone can help me out. (ill gladly donate)

also, the first time i did this, i did not hear the pop in speakers or the disk drive reload (im using f900bt)...but i was able to move forward with the process so i didnt think anything of it. also, during my first attempt, i did not get the "replace all files, yes or no" box. however when i did it the second time, i did receive this.

UPDATE, i deleted everything in my flash disk, and pasted the new flashdisk from my storage card. now the system reboots, and keeps rebooting. my splash screen comes on for a little bit, then reboots....keeps doing it over and over again. :evil:

I am a sucker and bought the 'official' update back in July/August and have been running 3.0 ever since. From what I gather 3.02 is downloaded from the X-series website but will work properly on my F90BT running the 'official' 3.0? Others are moving sequentially from 3.0 to 3.01 to 3.02, others have skipped the 3.01 - is this ok to do?

Thanks.

i thought i completed this install perfectly fine.....however, at the end, when i must hold the reset and eject buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds ad then release....it still reboots in windows. ive tried reinstalling everything from scratch, and i get the same issue. ive read over 100 pages of the different tutorials, but i am not finding an answer to my problem. i am using the files from the post on page 40. i used one SD Card. hopefully someone can help me out. (ill gladly donate)

also, the first time i did this, i did not hear the pop in speakers or the disk drive reload (im using f900bt)...but i was able to move forward with the process so i didnt think anything of it. also, during my first attempt, i did not get the "replace all files, yes or no" box. however when i did it the second time, i did receive this.

UPDATE, i deleted everything in my flash disk, and pasted the new flashdisk from my storage card. now the system reboots, and keeps rebooting. my splash screen comes on for a little bit, then reboots....keeps doing it over and over again. :evil:

Remove the SD card at the end of the install. This is what causes it to go back into windows.

Regarding the update, retry the process again...it does this if it doesn't find the files in the appropriate spots or if the files are corrupted.

Remove the SD card at the end of the install. This is what causes it to go back into windows.

Regarding the update, retry the process again...it does this if it doesn't find the files in the appropriate spots or if the files are corrupted.

ok i will do everything from scratch, but remove the card at the end (before the reset). damn, i cant believe i missed that....or at least didnt think about it. ill come back and let you know if im successful.

I am a sucker and bought the 'official' update back in July/August and have been running 3.0 ever since. From what I gather 3.02 is downloaded from the X-series website but will work properly on my F90BT running the 'official' 3.0? Others are moving sequentially from 3.0 to 3.01 to 3.02, others have skipped the 3.01 - is this ok to do?

Thanks.

I skipped 3.01 and have had no problems. If you read the update instructions on pioneer's site it says if the version is 3.01 or earlier/smaller then continue with the update.