AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

Hello, I'm new to this board.

I already was reading here and there, and I think I got my question answered at least rudimental.

But I would be happy if someone, who has some experience, could clarify it for me more precise;

I'm able to obtain two different AVIC F500BT from two different stores. One has still the version 2 and the other has already the version 3, with near the same price. My question;

Is the version 3 as simple to tweak with skins/mods/maps etc. as the version 2 was?

What would you prefer to buy, the F500BT with stock firmware version 2 or 3?

Thanks a lot.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

I have followed this board since I purchased my F700BT last year. Until now I was content to leave the unit as Pioneer set it up. However, now I've been trying to follow the steps to install 3.0 and I have two questions. How long after I restart in the last step should it take to regain control of the unit? Will I see it doing anything while I wait? The reason I ask is I get the Pioneer start up screen, then nothing happens, and I don't see any type of install message on the screen. I ran through the process several times with the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, thanks to all of those who have created this tutorial, and contributed to helping others upgrade our units.

I have followed this board since I purchased my F700BT last year. Until now I was content to leave the unit as Pioneer set it up. However, now I've been trying to follow the steps to install 3.0 and I have two questions. How long after I restart in the last step should it take to regain control of the unit? Will I see it doing anything while I wait? The reason I ask is I get the Pioneer start up screen, then nothing happens, and I don't see any type of install message on the screen. I ran through the process several times with the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, thanks to all of those who have created this tutorial, and contributed to helping others upgrade our units.

There are instructions in this thread that contain pictures along some steps....maybe it'll help.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817

Baedarlboo,

Thanks for the response. I have tried the options detailed in the guide you indicated. However, no matter what I do it always ends up the same... At the end of the process, when i restart after copying all of the files into the myflashdisk directory, the system restarts, loads the splash screen the nothing. The flash screen sits there like it's waiting for me to do something. I don't know if I'm not waiting long enough for something to happen, or is it going to remain at that screen forever. That is the basis of my post, How long should it take for the unit to be working after the last restart? And part 2, is supposed to be doing something while I'm waiting (copy files, progress bars, etc)?

Bob

Baedarlboo,

Thanks for the response. I have tried the options detailed in the guide you indicated. However, no matter what I do it always ends up the same... At the end of the process, when i restart after copying all of the files into the myflashdisk directory, the system restarts, loads the splash screen the nothing. The flash screen sits there like it's waiting for me to do something. I don't know if I'm not waiting long enough for something to happen, or is it going to remain at that screen forever. That is the basis of my post, How long should it take for the unit to be working after the last restart? And part 2, is supposed to be doing something while I'm waiting (copy files, progress bars, etc)?

Bob

You said you ended all but didn't tell whether successfully. I suspect that you might had ended up without enough space to copy all the files and apparently, there is no warning for such thing within WinCE 5. If this is the case, delete some map and poi that you don't used from the SD and make sure that all fit in your "My Flash Disk", and it has only 1.7 GB of space.

This problem has been brought up for many times in the thread. Please search and read.

Chuck 88,

Thanks I thought I read all of the posts. I do remember reading comments regarding all files not fitting, but I assumed it was because it exceeded the 1.83GB space. Regardless, I will delete maps and POI's until I get down to the file size you identified, and try again.

Thanks again

Just went to delete some of the map files and discovered the total file size is 1.62. So either the files were removed prior to my downloading them, or I downloaded the incorrect file set. I am using the files downloaded from the megaload site.

I have encountered a new twist. When I do the four finger salute in one of the early steps, I no longer need to do the up, up, down thing to reload the Wince, it goes right to the spot where I can reload wince and format.

I'll find different 3.0 files and try again.

I deleted Alaska, Hawaii, and everything west of the Mississippi. No change. I downloaded Retell's FX3.1 from a different post on the site and have the same experience. After the last restart, the unit goes to the Pioneer splash screen and sits there. I can play a cd, and control the volume, but I can't eject, or move to a different track.

Anyone have any ideas on what I might try next?

Bob

I deleted Alaska, Hawaii, and everything west of the Mississippi. No change. I downloaded Retell's FX3.1 from a different post on the site and have the same experience. After the last restart, the unit goes to the Pioneer splash screen and sits there. I can play a cd, and control the volume, but I can't eject, or move to a different track.

Anyone have any ideas on what I might try next?

Bob

Yes, the CD can be player without any software but the button to eject must be read by the software, which explains the behavior.

Just another hint: Copy all files and folders from INSIDE the folder "My Flash Disk" from the SD to INSIDE the folder "My Flash Disk" of the AVIC HU.

Many people made the errors!

hi guys , i have f90 bt it is unning 2.0 (as i know of ) and 4 g of flashdive , i have bypassed my unit now tying to install this beautiful firmware BUT i got stuck here is what i ve done so far (note: i ve read 19 pages a few times )

1. Insert SD card into AVIC and turn it on.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this)

after this my unit goes back to black as i keep pressing the eject map and menu buttons , i tried to fomat my card and recopied the 5 files back in but no help . can some1 help me here ? thanks in advance

:D I was finally able to get my F700BT updated to 3.0. I must have gone somewhere in the service mode that I shouldn't have. I was able to successfully able to revert to 2.0 using this post:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25465&hilit=mbr

Then, following the steps outlined in this topic, I updated to 3.0. All appears to be good. A weekend of driving will tell me more.

Thanks to all of those that provide support and assistance to those of us that don't have the skill set to create these mods, or encounter problems when trying to implement them. A special thanks to "another gxr 1k", who was kind enough to share his backup files.

I have learned a lot during this process and look forward to implementing a few of the mods.

Thanks

now i know im a noob for sure cuz i cant figure this ish out.

so i installed the latest 2 files and did the update and so forth but got lost on step 9 for my f700bt with the version 1.000 whatever. so i couldnt figure out and i kept gettin a black screen everytime i rebooted it. couple days later i went on pioneer website to dl the version 2.0. and i followed everything but then it wouldnt go to the main screen and when i just clicked menu it would lead me to the maps, contacts, and music area but it would only let me go towards the settings section and everything else would not work.

my question is should i redo the whole version 3 update? and if i do, can someone explain me the correct and step by step process, cuz i feel like the main page had unclear directions from step 9 and on?? please someone help me asap. i needa put together my sub and amp soon and i wanna make sure everything is working fine.