Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded both files from page 40 (thanks ITGuy); however I'm unclear why there are 2 different files, when they both are nearly the same size. I updated by using only 1 of the files (still perplexed by that though). When I boot up the device now if the USB is connected, it disables the front AV input port (I use that for my Sirius radio) and it starts playing music from the USB. Another issue I found is that the street names don't show up in the 3D mode.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to THANK all of the people contributing to this guide. I bought a nonfunctional f90bt. These files and guide have partially brought it back to life. I tried other guides and files but none worked till now.

I still have some issues that I would like to work out.

First, let me explain, I am replacing a U310bt that was stolen. The thief ripped out some of the wiring harness and the GPS antenna (ordered a new GPS antenna but not yet received it so not installed). I bought a basic 16 pin pioneer harness. It does not have the brake or speed sensing wire.

Before applying the 3.0 files it would start up a custom splash screen then go blank. After reinstalling the wince image (with format), running in testmode, dismounting the flash disk, formatting , renaming the flash disk (part 00) then copying and applying the My IT guy files the the system displayed the same custom splash screen then started to load the Pioneer top menu screen. This screen had a message "system starting up please wait". This message did not go away when the system automatically re booted. Basically it is doing the same thing. I was able to touch the music screen and play FM radio. I put a dvd in and the music plays but does not display video. I get other messages: no contacts and the long GPS message.

My questions are:

Do you think the rebooting is a wiring issue or a software issue?

I also did not use the second file from the My IT Guy download. What exactly is the second file used for?

Is the starting up system message due to the wiring not being complete?

Where does this custom splash screen file reside? I would have thought it would have been deleted during the CE reinstallation and the formatting of the flash disk.

The power harness I have has an empty slot next to the green speaker wires (bottom row). Is this where I can insert a wire to use as the parking brake wire or is it for the speed sense wire? There is also a yellow/black wire opposite the empty slot (top row)next to the blue/white remote power wire. If you know what this is used for please let me know.

I will order the AV harness as soon as I am comfortable this deck will work properly.

My questions are:

I also did not use the second file from the My IT Guy download. What exactly is the second file used for?

Where does this custom splash screen file reside? I would have thought it would have been deleted during the CE reinstallation and the formatting of the flash disk.

The power harness I have has an empty slot next to the green speaker wires (bottom row). Is this where I can insert a wire to use as the parking brake wire or is it for the speed sense wire? There is also a yellow/black wire opposite the empty slot (top row)next to the blue/white remote power wire. If you know what this is used for please let me know.

I will order the AV harness as soon as I am comfortable this deck will work properly.

Hey man,

You have a software issue here. And I think that it is better for you to fix the software issue before going any further (wiring etc).

The most common problem to have the AVIC rebooting is incomplete files copying to the "My Flash Disk" folder (not enough memory etc), which has been discussed many many times in this forum. Search the thread in "FX 3.1 Update" for details.

Good lucks!

My questions are:

Hey man,

You have a software issue here. And I think that it is better for you to fix the software issue before going any further (wiring etc).

The most common problem to have the AVIC rebooting is incomplete files copying to the "My Flash Disk" folder (not enough memory etc), which has been discussed many many times in this forum. Search the thread in "FX 3.1 Update" for details.

Good lucks!

Thanks Chuck,

I did have some issues when I first attempted to copy the files to My Flash Disk. I got a message that said there is not enough space to copy all of the files.

I reformatted the Flash Disk again. The second time it copied all of the files.

The two files I downloaded (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XDPTH67G) appear to be similar in size and structure. Are there files I should have copied from the second archive to the flash disk?

I'll try again later this week to reinstall.

Any thoughts on how to remove the custom flash screen file?

Chuck

The link you suggested was one of the first I read. The problem I had was not being able to download the fx3.1 file from the pirate bay link. The torrent file seems to be on an individuals file sharing computer. My greeting is never completed and times out. I searched for other locations but was not able to negotiate a download.

If the splash screen that is loaded comes from the Data folder, I don't understand why it was not deleted during the format. Is there some other place that gets protected that keeps loading this screen?

Thanks Chuck,

I did have some issues when I first attempted to copy the files to My Flash Disk. I got a message that said there is not enough space to copy all of the files.

I reformatted the Flash Disk again. The second time it copied all of the files.

The two files I downloaded (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XDPTH67G) appear to be similar in size and structure. Are there files I should have copied from the second archive to the flash disk?

I'll try again later this week to reinstall.

Any thoughts on how to remove the custom flash screen file?

Hi all,

I used the two download files linked above. I got through the blue screen, taking the card back out and putting on the 'testmode' and 'my flash disk' folders. Put the card back in, copied the 'my flash disk' folder to the 'my flash disk drive. popped out memory card, then pushed reset. now when i power on the unit i get the same splash screen from 2008 i had before, unit goes to black screen and thats it. ive read this entire thread, cant find a fix. help appreciated.