AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

Hello, i read every page, and have about 5 hours of research into this deck of mine. It worked perfectly for about a year, i go turn my car on yesterday and it loads the first screen, then goes dim, then appears to go off and keeps doing it. Anyway im hoping this will bring it back to life?? My only issue is trying to download it! I went to download last night, and i left my computer on all night and it hasn't moved! Does anyone have a working link, or a mirror site or somewhere i can get this so i can get my unit back up and working? Thanks

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Hello, i read every page, and have about 5 hours of research into this deck of mine. It worked perfectly for about a year, i go turn my car on yesterday and it loads the first screen, then goes dim, then appears to go off and keeps doing it. Anyway im hoping this will bring it back to life?? My only issue is trying to download it! I went to download last night, and i left my computer on all night and it hasn't moved! Does anyone have a working link, or a mirror site or somewhere i can get this so i can get my unit back up and working? Thanks

Hmmmm, sorry but I doubt this to be a software issue. It might be that your deck's time is up. :mrgreen:

It costs nothing to try things though ... Good lucks!

Hey guys,

I just installed this with great ease. However, I went for a drive and in 3D mode in the nav I don't get any street names til I zoom in to about 300 ft. In aerial view I can see street names at every distance. Is this normal or did I miss a file somewhere? It's probably normal, but I just wanted to make sure. If not, I will reinstall and completely delete the flash disk and reinstall instead of just overwriting as I did this time.

Thanks for your time.

Hey guys,

I just installed this with great ease. However, I went for a drive and in 3D mode in the nav I don't get any street names til I zoom in to about 300 ft. In aerial view I can see street names at every distance. Is this normal or did I miss a file somewhere? It's probably normal, but I just wanted to make sure. If not, I will reinstall and completely delete the flash disk and reinstall instead of just overwriting as I did this time.

Thanks for your time.

I just installed the update today and I'm getting the same behavior on the street names and zooming. Kinda a sucky condition but i guess its livable. I guess if i need an overview of a larger area ill switch views and then switch back to 3D but thats a PITA. Anyone else know if there is a way to fix this so it displays at all zoom levels?

I apologize if this has been covered. I have read through the 57 pages here and the 28 pages on the 3.1 fx update also but may have over looked something.

My f900BT US is just reached about a year and half old and stopped working on me. It was factory shipped 2.06 firmware and I did the legit 2.08 update from pioneer website. Back in march/april of 2010 I updated to the 3.0 update from files from here. Then I updated to 3.01 legit update from the pioneer website again. I have had no problems with any of those updates and all went flawlessly with no issues. I have done no other modifications and have had no issues untill about a week ago the unit would turn on for about 10 Seconds with all the lights being white then shut back down. The fan continues to run but nothing ever displays on the screen. No splash screen.

I drove to work with it working. Parked and then went on lunch was having this issue.

I have looked into reflashing the wince as I can get into the diagnostic mode but it get stuck at reading file. I have looked through here and some say to reformat the sd card. I have tried two SD cards and reformatted them both to the fat32 with default cluster size and did a full format not a quick format. The screen just always stucks at read progress 100%. I have tried a few times on the unit to do the update wince from SD with no format and it seems to read and then will actually write 5% then freeze.

I have tried the wince files from the original flash files i used when upgrading from 2.08 to 3.0 as well as the wince files from the 3.1fx update file. I am now at a lost as what to try next.

Again sorry if this has been covered but I see that some of this issues were made known but I could not see the actual fix for them.

Thanks in advance

Josh

I just installed the update today and I'm getting the same behavior on the street names and zooming. Kinda a sucky condition but i guess its livable. I guess if i need an overview of a larger area ill switch views and then switch back to 3D but thats a PITA. Anyone else know if there is a way to fix this so it displays at all zoom levels?

JDuke

I had similar issues trying to reimage WinCE. I found that putting only the winceimg.bin and the winceimg.cks in the root directory of the card allowed me to reimage the wince files. So delete all the other directories or folders on the card. Once you get the wince to read and write you can add the testmode folder and or the update files. I should point out that I am still having issues and am not an expert but was able to get the wince update done using this method.

JDuke

I had similar issues trying to reimage WinCE. I found that putting only the winceimg.bin and the winceimg.cks in the root directory of the card allowed me to reimage the wince files. So delete all the other directories or folders on the card. Once you get the wince to read and write you can add the testmode folder and or the update files. I should point out that I am still having issues and am not an expert but was able to get the wince update done using this method.

Cajun

Thanks for the response but this is what i have been trying. just the two files mentioned are on the two cards that i have been trying and the same ones i used when originally doing the upgrade to 3.0. Just always getting stuck on the read 100% screen. so annoying. Im going to try to find yet another sd card of some sort and see if it will help. I really doubt it as these are the two that i had no problem with before....

So I just tried a 3rd memory card and same issue.... Can read but gets no further

So Im at a complete loss.... Just about to give up on this thing.... I have tried to see if mayb my wince img is corrupt mayb. Anyone know where to find an original f900bt US wince img would be.... I have tried the one from the pioneer 2.08 update from there website and the one from the 3.1 fx update...

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0

Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy.

Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix it for free! You can purchase the official 3.0 Update SD Card from Pioneer's website.

Step 1: Download 3.0 from the torrent. <!-- m -->http://itchybot.com/x910bt.zip.torrent<!-- m -->

Step 2: Download the install files.http://itchybot.com/3.0%20Install%20Files.zip

Step 3: Copy the 2 WinCEIMG files to an empty SD card.

Step 4: Turn unit on. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset button at the same time. When you hear a pop sound from your speakers, let go of the eject button but continue to hold menu and map buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen where you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

Step 4: Put in your SD card with the WinCEIMG files.

Step 5: Select Update CE

Step 6: Select Update SD Format

Step 7: Wait till it says restart in the bottom center.

Step 8: Remove your SD from the AVIC, put it in your computer.

Step 9: Delete all of the files off the SD card and put the testmode folder, DATA file, and the flash dump from torrent on.

Step 10: Insert the SD card into the AVIC and hit the reset button.

Step 11: Once testmode boots, open explorer and copy the contents of the flash dump to the "My Flash Disk" Drive.

(Should take about 20min even though at first it says like 140min)

Step 12: Copy the Data file from the SD card and replace the one in "My Flash DiskAPL2iGo" (Soft Bypass)

Step 13: Press and hold restart and eject for 5 seconds.

Step 14: Enjoy your new 3.0

I will add later how to update to the new 3.0.1

is there another location i can download these files from? it's not there anymore. Thanks.

is there another location i can download these files from? it's not there anymore. Thanks.

X2. I checked pioneer's website, clicked on my device (avic f-90bt), updates, only shows a firmware 2.08 or something to that effect update. Not a 3.0 or 3.1 or even a 4.0 that someone here says they have. On that note, how do i get the downloads to work in this sticky or even the one below it on updated to 3.0? Click on links and get an error page like its not even a valid link? Appreciate any info.

I apologize if this has been covered. I have read through the 57 pages here and the 28 pages on the 3.1 fx update also but may have over looked something.

My f900BT US is just reached about a year and half old and stopped working on me. It was factory shipped 2.06 firmware and I did the legit 2.08 update from pioneer website. Back in march/april of 2010 I updated to the 3.0 update from files from here. Then I updated to 3.01 legit update from the pioneer website again. I have had no problems with any of those updates and all went flawlessly with no issues. I have done no other modifications and have had no issues untill about a week ago the unit would turn on for about 10 Seconds with all the lights being white then shut back down. The fan continues to run but nothing ever displays on the screen. No splash screen.

Josh,

I've got the F910BT (Aus) and had exactly the same symptoms that you're describing. However, mine was like that straight out of the box - I never updated the firmware or did any mods at all. The strange thing for me was that if my car was warm (driven for a while or been sitting in the sun for an hour), the unit would work. If it was cold, it never got to the splash screen. I had the car battery replaced, got the car inspected by an auto electrician, even got the unit sent back to Pioneer to be looked at...but they simply upgraded the firmware as the service centre didn't properly pass on the details of the problem to them.

Long story short, after a couple of months of getting absolutely nowhere, I ended up talking to a high-up manager at Pioneer who was quite understanding and shipped out a replacement unit which has been completely fine. So whilst I hope you've found a fix for your problem, if you're still having this problem then you've possibly got a dead device.

Andrew

• 2 months later...

Slow clap, building to thunderous standing ovation. Thank you so much for this! Worked like a charm first time and I honestly feel like I have a new radio in my car. Load time and response to touch massive improvements alone make this worth the time to try it. MUCH PROPS and THANK YOU for the originator and all the comments troubleshooting issues.