AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Whats up everyone....I have the f900bt...I've very familiar with these units and I'm looking to offer some services. I'm looking to offer an upgrade to 3.02 on f700, f900, f90, x710, and x910. I did it to mine and it's simple. I have a friend who is in with pioneer and I used to be a technician. I'm looking to get $50 per unit, I have all necessary files and will walk you through step by step. It's not a gimmick, I promise you, I'm just looking to make a little cash while helping you out and saving this money from going to shitty pioneer. Email me back at tgadoury@egr.uri.edu and I'll send you pics of my upgrades so you know I'm for real. Or you could always pay $120 to get the 3.0 version which is a rip off..Trust me..shoot me an email at tgadoury@egr.uri.edu and you will not be disappointed! Thanks guys.

Its not a matter of doing it. I can do it, I just don't know from the files I have whether or not there is supposed to be something within Dumpfiles folder? Mine from my backup has a file, the one I downloaded does not. Other than that I think I have everything. I understand you're trying to help, but if I had 50 bucks I wouldn't be trying to piece together the correct files on my own, I would order the pioneer cards. Things are a bit unorganized and wide spread throughout the forum. Finding the right stuff is a challenge.

has anyone been able to review the comparison of the files that I did on pg 49? I want to do this but the file difference worry me.

As for the dump files, I took a look at my 2.0 upgrade and there are no files in it, and my unit works. The 2.006 and 2.008 upgrades didnt even seem to have dump files associated with them.

I'm now comparing the 2.008 upgrade to 3.0 and thats where I have issues. the overwrite appears to want to overwrite files that I think need to be there, and add files that werent there to begin with. If someone familiar with these files can review this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Don

wOOHOO, got this done! The key in my case was holding the 4 buttons and hearing the "pop" noise. Once I heard that, and got to the wince upgrade section it went to 100% and said all was good and to restart. I guess I wasn't holding all 4 long enough for the pop or something. I have now also upgraded the maps, poi,dem, building etc. to the 2009.6 maps. My firmware says, map v.200.300, and v.300.300 (or close that)

BTW, despite getting NO response as to whether or not there should be files in the "Dumpfiles" folder I copied the files I had from my backup to there. Not sure if it should be empty or not.

The only things I've noticed now is when I go to search an address it defaults to a completely different state about 800 miles from me, and I can't seem to find out how to delete the present "home location"

couchpotato...I'll run you through it for $50 via paypal...I used to be a technician and have all the necessary files. I just helped rford out.

50 bucks, huh? Or everyone can follow simple instructions and READ all of the posts listed on this thread and do it yourself and SAVE your money and donate it to the fine folks that have countless time and effort making the mods.

i dl'ed the 2 rar files from megaupload, extracted the 1st one which automatically extraced the 2nd. Are these correct files or corrupt files?

That would be correct. Its a multipart RAR file so by extracting the first one, it knows to automatically move on to the next file.