AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

I dont see anywhere in any of the instructions for where I am supposed to use the "my flash disk" files that were in the 3.0 update download. What step am I actually putting the 3.0 firmware on my AVIC? And what is meant by "flash dump in step 9? I dont see a file with that name, but there is one called "dump files" in part 2 of the 3.0 download but it is empty.

I did the install with the files from megaupload that were linked on a previous page. The install worked but the "system startup" window does not dissappear. I can still use the unit and have verified that it is now version 3.0. How do I get the startup window to go away? I know I probably need to reinstall 3.0, but what do I need to do differently? I have tried it 3 times with the same result.

Where do I find this data file? It does not appear in the links from pg40.

Bottom of page 40 contains everything you need for the update.

There are two files, you unrar part 1 and it will decompress the files from both part 1 & part 2 of the downloaded files.

ok, so if I unrar 1 it will do 2 automatically? Does it also combine the files so that you don't have to copy files from 2 into 1 (or vise versa) to have a complete 3.0 update in one place? I unrared both separately and manually transfered files from 1 to 2 so I probably missed some or put them in the wrong place.

ok, so if I unrar 1 it will do 2 automatically? Does it also combine the files so that you don't have to copy files from 2 into 1 (or vise versa) to have a complete 3.0 update in one place? I unrared both separately and manually transfered files from 1 to 2 so I probably missed some or put them in the wrong place.

Yep, unrar part 1 and it automatically knows to extract from part two. It's one big RAR file that is only broken into two pieces based on size.

I dont see anywhere in any of the instructions for where I am supposed to use the "my flash disk" files that were in the 3.0 update download. What step am I actually putting the 3.0 firmware on my AVIC? And what is meant by "flash dump in step 9? I dont see a file with that name, but there is one called "dump files" in part 2 of the 3.0 download but it is empty.

As noted in the post you took the links from:

In Step 11, please copy the contents of the "My Flash Disk" folder on the SD Card to the My Flash Disk Drive on the AVIC Unit.

Don't concern yourself with step 9, all the files you need are contained in the rar files that you extract and place on a single SD Card.

Need help! Did the update. When I reseted the unit the screen was black. Need help. Now I can't get to music or anything the screen is just black. Any ideas?

Do not copy the "My Flash Disk" file, and paste in the "My Flash Disk" drive. You need to copy the contents of the "My Flash Disk" file to the drive. Go into the "My Flash Disk" folder when in WINCE and go to "Edit," and "Select All." Copy all of the files and paste them to the "My Flash Disk" drive.

As promised, with about 15 minutes to spare:

Here is everything you need in order to complete the upgrade as outlined in the original post, but with only 1 SD Card. I just recently picked up a F700BT that I updated this afternoon and love it...now I'm off to find some good mods =D

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K0WJSCUR

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XDPTH67G

These files include the X Series WINCE Upgrade, Testmode 2.3 and the Backup Files/Maps.

Hope this helps others who may be having problems finding torrents and etc...

[edit]In Step 11, please copy the contents of the "My Flash Disk" folder on the SD Card to the My Flash Disk Drive on the AVIC Unit.

I've had 2 people contact me regarding issues, they read that item literally and copied the entire contents of the SD Card to their AVIC which doesn't work[/edit]

I have a f90 that needs to be fully restored it is blank . will this work?