AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0 Install Guide

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ONLY DOWNLOAD FILES IF YOU OWN THE RIGHTS TO USE 3.0 Retell nor Avic411 Condones Piracy. Please note this is not the official Retail Pioneer 3.0 Update! If you break your unit, Pioneer will NOT fix

Posted Images

Hey MyITGuy I downloaded both your files. I used WinRar and extracted them to my desktop. Should there be only 4 items?

My Flash disk

Testmode

Winceimg

Winceimg.cks

So When I put this onto my 2 Gig Scard and follow the install step by step the update "SHOULD" work. Correct :mrgreen:

Thanks for the downloads!

As I also mentioned in my response to your PM, yes those are all of the files you need. Place them all onto the SD Card and ignore any mention of swapping SD Cards in the instructions.

Thank you sir I will give it a shot tonight...hope this works. Oh as I was extracting the files I had to extract the second one first then the first one. It told me on the first download that things were missing. I did the second one first and all seemed to extract fine but It did ask me if I wanted to copy duplicate files. If I open each, say winceimg, what should I see? Should I see it as a VLC file? That's what showed up lol. Sorry for the questions but I don't want to brick it lol I did IDT mod when I bought the unit and I was shattin bricks but all went well.

You may want to re-download the files then, you should only have to unrar the .rar file and there shouldn't be any errors.

Ok I just re downloaded the two files from page 40. In part 1 there is a My Flash Disk. In it there is APL and APL2. In Part 2 there is also a My Flash Disk Also contain the APL and APL2 BUT in the second download there is

ALP3 , Datadump, extradumpfiles and about 12 other things. Now when I open the part 1 APL there is a whole bunch of files in it. Part 2 APL has nothing in it. Now in part 1 APL2 there is just IGo8 but in Part 2 APL2 there is IGo8 and VBT.

Now when I extract both downloads into my SD card I get the following errors

You Need to have the following volume to continue extraction "AppsData\Local\Temp\3.0 Update part 2-1.rar" The required file is absent.

also

AppsData\Local\Temp\3.0 Update part 1-1.rar CRC Failed in MY Flash Drive Disk\APL2\IGO/CONTENT\MAP\USA_Tennessee.fbl. This file is corrupt

SO can I assume This didn't work correctly lol.

Ok I just re downloaded the two files from page 40. In part 1 there is a My Flash Disk. In it there is APL and APL2. In Part 2 there is also a My Flash Disk Also contain the APL and APL2 BUT in the second download there is

ALP3 , Datadump, extradumpfiles and about 12 other things. Now when I open the part 1 APL there is a whole bunch of files in it. Part 2 APL has nothing in it. Now in part 1 APL2 there is just IGo8 but in Part 2 APL2 there is IGo8 and VBT.

Now when I extract both downloads into my SD card I get the following errors

You Need to have the following volume to continue extraction "AppsData\Local\Temp\3.0 Update part 2-1.rar" The required file is absent.

also

AppsData\Local\Temp\3.0 Update part 1-1.rar CRC Failed in MY Flash Drive Disk\APL2\IGO/CONTENT\MAP\USA_Tennessee.fbl. This file is corrupt

SO can I assume This didn't work correctly lol.

I'm guessing something your doing along the way is not working as intended. You're only supposed to unrar 1 file, which will then extract the contents from both files.

800 downloads and only two issues reported, the first was user error and I'm assuming this one will be as well.

I'm using winrar....what do you think I may be doing wrong. Basically I downloaded the part one file using winrar...then the part two download. I then extracted the part one download to my SD card. Then the part two. As I was extracting the part one download it told me something from the part two download was missing. So I then extracted part two onto the sd card. I'm not too sure what I'm doing wrong lol I'm just about to toss it in the trash hahaha. Is there one .zip file that has everything I need? Can or could it be emailed? Then just extract it onto the sd and go?

I'm using winrar....what do you think I may be doing wrong. Basically I downloaded the part one file using winrar...then the part two download. I then extracted the part one download to my SD card. Then the part two. As I was extracting the part one download it told me something from the part two download was missing. So I then extracted part two onto the sd card. I'm not too sure what I'm doing wrong lol I'm just about to toss it in the trash hahaha. Is there one .zip file that has everything I need? Can or could it be emailed? Then just extract it onto the sd and go?

Try extracting it to your local hard drive first, then copy/move it to your SD Card. Have you tried downloading part two again?

Also, can you clarify what you mean when you say "downloaded the part one file using winrar"? You should be downloading the files to disk prior to opening/running WinRar.

Here's the MD5 hashes to ensure the files were not corrupted as part of the download:

3.0 Update.part1.rar 100% 668efaf567c8a83224b241629cd288c0

3.0 Update.part2.rar 100% 4cc44e1cd265d6381a8da77c5c16cbfb

Also, no it cannot be e-mailed. Most e-mail servers have a limit of 10MB, this file is over 1.5GB in size. FTP or services such as MegaUpload are the only way to go. If you want to wait until early March I can place it on my FTP server once I get my servers in the data center.

It's included in the files.

I downloaded the files and there is a part 1 file and part 2 file. I thought that both these were the 3.0 update files. Step 4 says "put in your sd card with the winceimg files". Step 9 says " delete all the files from the sd card and put the testmode folder, DATA file, and the flash dump from torrent on". Are the DATA and flash dump files included in the files from megaupload also and are they named DATA and flash dump?