AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

it was a pleasure knowing all of you here at avic411, i think i'm happy where my nav is at right now and once i fix the bug that was recently reported i will release a final version of the mod, i was planning on adding a couple more user settings for the button but it'll be a lot of work for something so small so i think i'd just have 3 final versions, one for MSN, one for TMC and one for F700 users

I think that is a good decision. You could end up spending the rest of your life doing minor changes to it, and still get requests for more. What you have produced is brilliant, and if I were you I would be sitting back with a beer and a big cigar feeling very pleased with myself!!!

Thanks again. Now could you just alter ............................................................. :lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a pleasure knowing all of you here at avic411, i think i'm happy where my nav is at right now and once i fix the bug that was recently reported i will release a final version of the mod, i was planning on adding a couple more user settings for the button but it'll be a lot of work for something so small so i think i'd just have 3 final versions, one for MSN, one for TMC and one for F700 users

I hear you man. You gotta get these things where you like them and get your life back at some point! Hope to see you around here still. Take care...

for those having problems with the speed camera announcing wrong alert please check out the video i made

IMG_0048[1]

so id on't know this is happening to you guys as it's working well on mine, this got me thinking that it maybe that it's location based, so let's say that you're located in a country that uses miles then it everything is set on miles even the the variables, anyone have any opinion on this?

Well, I am in the states where we do use miles/feet and I can say unequivocally that it definitely DOES NOT work correctly here. I even went as far as putting in the virgin V4.9 Data.zip. I must be missing something :roll:

Oh well,

someday it will get sorted out. I am beginning to think (again) that I got the factory POS unit. Now I have the quirky Trip Computer and the Speedcams.

Thanx anyway for the help as this is still a much better unit then when it was at first.

I really don't use the two aforementioned niceties that much anyway so no biggie.

Thanx again, Julius for all of your efforts!

Bud

for those having problems with the speed camera announcing wrong alert please check out the video i made

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43325633@N08/3986396104/?processed=1&cb=1254804312324

so id on't know this is happening to you guys as it's working well on mine, this got me thinking that it maybe that it's location based, so let's say that you're located in a country that uses miles then it everything is set on miles even the the variables, anyone have any opinion on this?

Well, I am in the states where we do use miles/feet and I can say unequivocally that it definitely DOES NOT work correctly here. I even went as far as putting in the virgin V4.9 Data.zip. I must be missing something :roll:

Oh well,

someday it will get sorted out. I am beginning to think (again) that I got the factory POS unit. Now I have the quirky Trip Computer and the Speedcams.

Thanx anyway for the help as this is still a much better unit then when it was at first.

I really don't use the two aforementioned niceties that much anyway so no biggie.

Bud

i'll have the final set later, i'll send you the files first to test before i put them out

IMG_0048[1]

Oh well,

Bud

i'll have the final set later, i'll send you the files first to test before i put them out

I am your willing "Guinea Pig" ! :wink:

Is there something you can derive from these two files:

{SPEEDCAM.UI}

;*****************
;       xucheng
;*****************
;
;SC_WARN     - Changes for spoken speedcam warnings
;SC_WARN_SET - Changes for custom camera alert settings
;

;<> Start

;<>End

;<> Start

;<> End

;****************************************************************************************************************

;****************************************************************************************************************

;****************xucheng add*****************

;<> Start

;Fixed

;Mobile

;Traffic Light & Speed

;Section

;<> End

(speedcam_800_480.ui)

;*****************
;       xucheng
;*****************

; Speedcam warning box & contents 

;***********xucheng add**********************

so it's finally sorted out, i'll have the updated one up later, i guess there's a bug on igo itself as v4.9 is working properly on mine (kmh setting) but not on other's (mph setting) so i redid the script and now it works for the people using mph and not properly working on mine, i'll have two sets of mods up later, first set would be for the regular users, MSN and TMC users and the other would be for the ones having problems with speedcamera not properly setting (regular, MSN, and TMC) thanks ovalball and 69sixpackbee for helping out

I hear you man. You gotta get these things where you like them and get your life back at some point! Hope to see you around here still. Take care...

i'm not leaving though, i'll be here as much as i am on now, i just think that the mod itself is on it's peak so it's either i release a final version for it and be done and just act as support or maybe create another skin (this wouldn't be that hard as it's pretty much just the navigatemap files i'll be editing and the rest of the setting will be the same), i'm pretty much leaning on doing another skin and just see what i'll end up having,

TO ALL USERSOF MY MOD

this is the best time for request for the final version as once the final version is released i will be focusing on the new skin,