AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was wondering if someone could put instructions on how to just add the trip computer. I would love to add this mod. Thanks

I would just do a search on it. There is a thread dedicated that has specific detailed instructions on how to add it in. I even referenced it back in this thread when someone asked for help on adding it to their default config.

Changes in this release (8/26/09)

1. Enlarged the main menu drop down button so it does not take such a small fingernail tip press to activate.

2. Since the main drop down button is larger made it so that it is slightly transparent when not in use.

3. Changed last row of buttons to be more of a systems settings row. Changed the main icon to reflect this.

4. Added a screen off button with a clock that matches the font used system wide.

5. Added house numbers in same font. They will display automatically when in route. To get them to display when not in route touch the clock.

6. This mod is now scheme friendly. Put your schemes in your gfx/day or night folder and they should work.

EDIT:

Links updated on page 1

Changes in this release (8/26/09)

1. Enlarged the main menu drop down button so it does not take such a small fingernail tip press to activate.

2. Since the main drop down button is larger made it so that it is slightly transparent when not in use.

3. Changed last row of buttons to be more of a systems settings row. Changed the main icon to reflect this.

4. Added a screen off button with a clock that matches the font used system wide.

5. Added house numbers in same font. They will display automatically when in route. To get them to display when not in route touch the clock.

6. This mod is now scheme friendly. Put your schemes in your gfx/day or night folder and they should work.

Did the data.zip that you pm'd me have the house number mod with it? I don't remember.

I am as green a newbie as they come. Bought my F90 BT a few months back with v2.0, and just updated the software and maps this past week I just knew there had to be a way to improve on this thing. Voila, here it is.

This must be my new home for the next 6 months.

I read some of the cautions. Does anyone have a step by step guide for someone as green as me to do all of this (including files or their locations)?

Much obliged.

I am as green a newbie as they come. Bought my F90 BT a few months back with v2.0, and just updated the software and maps this past week I just knew there had to be a way to improve on this thing. Voila, here it is.

I read some of the cautions. Does anyone have a step by step guide for someone as green as me to do all of this (including files or their locations)?

Much obliged.

Hey Lou-

Welcome to the board. Its been my crack for the last several months. ;)

If you download the zip file in my first post there is a word document with detailed instructions on how to update these files on your system. Whatever you do just make sure you take a backup of your current (stock) config before you touch any files. If all else fails and you do not like what is going on with your system then you can just restore that backup and start over again.

Good luck!

Alex

Much obliged.

Hey Lou-

Welcome to the board. Its been my crack for the last several months. ;)

If you download the zip file in my first post there is a word document with detailed instructions on how to update these files on your system. Whatever you do just make sure you take a backup of your current (stock) config before you touch any files. If all else fails and you do not like what is going on with your system then you can just restore that backup and start over again.

Good luck!

Alex

Thanks Alex -

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I am a real green newbie...

Is the FLASHDISK the update I just received, or something else (not sure where I put all of the original documentation)?? Do I create this on an SD card?

Step 4 - The sky only shows when you change the tilt level in 3D right?

I can hardly wait to get home and try this!

THANKS!

BL58

Thanks Alex -

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I am a real green newbie...

Is the FLASHDISK the update I just received, or something else (not sure where I put all of the original documentation)?? Do I create this on an SD card?

Step 4 - The sky only shows when you change the tilt level in 3D right?

I can hardly wait to get home and try this!

THANKS!

BL58

Take the contents of my zip file you downloaded in post #1 and put these folders/files onto a freshly formated SD card. Insert the SD card into your AVIC and go to step 1 in the first post.

If you want to have the sky mode show in 3D mode go into the sys.txt file in the download and remove the semicolon in front of these lines in that file (do this on your PC):

[map]
2dheadup=1
zoomfactor=110
3d_tunnels=1
show_oneway=1
;3d_max_tiltlevel=10000 
;3d_max_zoomlevel=1500 
;3dcarsizemin=2500 
;3dcarsizemax=5000 
;3dcarsizemul=15000 

It will then look like this:

[map]
2dheadup=1
zoomfactor=110
3d_tunnels=1
show_oneway=1
3d_max_tiltlevel=10000 
3d_max_zoomlevel=1500 
3dcarsizemin=2500 
3dcarsizemax=5000 
3dcarsizemul=15000 

Save the file and make sure that new one you edited is in place on your SD card before putting it into your AVIC. The folder it goes into on your SD card is: "Copy and Paste in APL2-iGo". Once its on your SD card copy it over to the unit, per the instructions, with the rest of the files.

I am running a US F90BT with the official update. Just downloaded your mod compilation, and instructions are excellent, even for the nooB I am. I had played a little removing the clock and the compass and moving a few buttons prior to this, but that was the extent of it. I also followed another post on how to fix your contacts list. I love what I have seen so far, but have not had a lot of time to play with it. One thing I am missing is the Speed Limit sign. I have the "Your Speed" sign and the elevation when not in route, but do not have the speed limit sign. Is there something that I have missed (or have not taken the time figure out) to turn it on?

I am running a US F90BT with the official update. Just downloaded your mod compilation, and instructions are excellent, even for the nooB I am. I had played a little removing the clock and the compass and moving a few buttons prior to this, but that was the extent of it. I also followed another post on how to fix your contacts list. I love what I have seen so far, but have not had a lot of time to play with it. One thing I am missing is the Speed Limit sign. I have the "Your Speed" sign and the elevation when not in route, but do not have the speed limit sign. Is there something that I have missed (or have not taken the time figure out) to turn it on?

Head out onto a highway or do a planned route that goes onto a highway and do a fly over. That is when the sign appears. Depending on your location it probably wont appear on all roads. It only appears if the map data has a value for it. So if the map data knows what the speed limit is on that street/highway the sign will show up. Otherwise it goes away.

I was on a route, and it included the 10 freeway which is a major freeway in southern California. I will try it on a longer route tonight on the way home. I know I am going to hate myself for asking this, because I have seen it before, but can't remeber how (the unit is till new to me)...how do I do a "flyover"?