AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a willing contestant. I understand how to make some changes, but don't know what to do with the change sometimes to get it implemented (like the elevation bitmap, larger, but now to do what with it?). I'd be willing to try to help you with things. Just let me know what I can do to help.

Edit: I received the file last night. I love the large speedometer from the touch of Your Speed sign. Also the Cruise Dials are great. Everything seems to be working. I just installed it this morning. I'm now on my way to work and I'll test things out some more. As before, I love the 'clean' screen. Let you know more as I know more.

has your trip computer worked yet or are you still having problems, cause i am. also is there any chance you could help me add the multi function also. i reverse engineer but i dont know what i am looking for on this one.

Got the Multi route function stuff in. Going to release tonight. PM'ed you off line. Let me know if you need help diffing. ;)

Thanks,

Alex

9/14/09

• 1. Gurjon Speedo Screen
    • A) There is a custom grid on this screen so tha the background is easily customizable. Black background and OSX Aurora included as default. Open the data.zip and edit the speedometer800_400.ui file. The instructions are clearly marked for editing. Black background is included. If you want this over the Aurora then comment it out with a semicolon and and remove the semicolon from the Back background line. Be careful if you pick a background that is too light as you will have to create a custom grid and change all the fonts to a darker color.
      B) Access by quick menu or touching current speed sign
      C) Added the ability to see the route detail when on speedo screen by touching any of the items on the left (next turn, time to turn, etc)
      D) Speedcam functionality added so you will see the add cam icon change to a speedcam display with distance. When it passes it will go back to a add cam icon.

2. Multi Route functionality, Icon appears in quick menu when in route.

3. Gurjon Cruise dial screen

• A) As with the speedial screen the background is easily customizable. Black background and OSX Aurora included as default. Open the data.zip and edit the DestinationDial_800_480.ui file. The instructions are clearly marked for editing. Black background is included. If you want this over the Aurora then comment it out with a semicolon and and remove the semicolon from the Back background line.
    4. Enlarged Elevation sign and font

5. Gurjon animated map cursor

6. Signpost made smaller so it doesn't overlap anything on the map screen

7. Current Speed sign font made bold.

There is an extra font added to this build. You can delete DS-DIGI.ttf from your system but you need to make sure you add digital.ttf.

Links on page 1 updated.

I've been using this mod for a couple of days now, and you'll love it. The main screen is 'clean.' Nothing unnecessary on it. I like it! The extra screens for a speedo & cruise dials are great. As I have a car speedo that's in km (bought in Canada) and spend pretty much equal time in the U.S. and Canada, it's great. The car reads km, the nav gives me a nice large mph. Thanks Alex! There seems to be great functionality with this mod. Everyone enjoy.

Wow Diaftia, this looks unreal. I can not wait to throw it on my machine at lunch and play around with all the great mods.

Thanks Keeper! I appreciate it. I have just been expanding on your great work.

I have found one bug where the distance in the speedometer for the camera is in there twice. Other than that its pretty clean. Putting up a new version in a few minutes.

Version updated. Everything should be working.

I have one report about TMC events not working. Given I am not sure what that is I need to do some investigation. If anyone has input on what this is I would be happy to look into it. I have run across the config files but have done nothing with them.