AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

Alex - Since this being is beta tested and you mentioned including it in your next set, you should be able to add the destination left/right code to the Pioneer.ini file located in the project config folder. This way, everyone who uses your zip won't have to use a modified sys.txt to have it.

[sound]

announce_viadest_side=1

Just added it in. Interesting that there is a default value in there of 0. Wonder why they shut it off.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool, back to the big buttons with DPHursts schemes. Is there anything new?

This is the list:

Toggle for illustrated text (freeway and exit signs can have logos).

Toggle for solid or opaque backgrounds when navigating.

Fix for when going 2d up not staying centered when signpost appears.

Speedcam fix where disabling one would still show the distance to the speedcam.

New menu system including adding a route section and new poi search icons and back button.

New menu button when not in route.

Brought back the cool speedometer screen (used the on-map version from IDT's mods) and added icon.

New custom search button that goes directly to a search box and does a large radius search in all categories. From what I can tell it will go out at least 450 miles.

Fixed the searching bug from the old version.

Fixed a case where deleting a route while in simulate mode would put you on the route screen and would not let you leave.

Bunch of other small things.

Alex - Since this being is beta tested and you mentioned including it in your next set, you should be able to add the destination left/right code to the Pioneer.ini file located in the project config folder. This way, everyone who uses your zip won't have to use a modified sys.txt to have it.

[sound]

announce_viadest_side=1

Just added it in. Interesting that there is a default value in there of 0. Wonder why they shut it off.

Shit!!! It sure is in there. WTF Pioneer, do you know how long I tried to find the f'n solution and you pricks had it under our nose the whole time. What a bunch of pricks with ears, a**h******

[sound]

announce_viadest_side=1

Shit!!! It sure is in there. WTF Pioneer, do you know how long I tried to find the f'n solution and you pricks had it under our nose the whole time. What a bunch of pricks with ears, a**h******

LOL!!! Well said!

What about the thought of adding an onboard trip computer which would fit nicely in the left corner of the map. IDT has it in his 2.0 version and it is awesome. You can toggle it on the map and off again by hitting the speed sign.

[sound]

announce_viadest_side=1

From my experience, at least in my area, the left/right dest. announce is very unreliable. I am getting about a 50/50 correct to incorrect ratio on my limited testing here in the North Orange County and West San Bernardino County areas of Southern California. Maybe this is why Pioneer did not turn it on. I will leave it off due to this and would prefer it not be on by default but could live with having to change it if it is implemented like that. If possible an on/off choice in the settings would be the way to go. JMO.

Well, I love this mod, but it looks like it is a dud for me. I had the system restart today when I planned a route. It then restarted and as soon as the Nav loaded up I had an error message come up saying that I was low on memory and system cache. This mod was fine before but ever since I planned the route, I cannot even load it anymore. Now the rest (Main, AV, ) loads fine, it is just when I load the Nav that I get the memory error. DAMN!!

Well, I love this mod, but it looks like it is a dud for me. I had the system restart today when I planned a route. It then restarted and as soon as the Nav loaded up I had an error message come up saying that I was low on memory and system cache. This mod was fine before but ever since I planned the route, I cannot even load it anymore. Now the rest (Main, AV, ) loads fine, it is just when I load the Nav that I get the memory error. DAMN!!

I have had that happen when an image was not right. You had to go through all the images and change them right? Try the default set of mods and I will guarantee you that it will be fine.

What about the thought of adding an onboard trip computer which would fit nicely in the left corner of the map. IDT has it in his 2.0 version and it is awesome. You can toggle it on the map and off again by hitting the speed sign.

Yeah I have thought about doing that. Just haven't. I will look into it. I seem to have some extra time over Thanksgiving break. :-P

I have had that happen when an image was not right. You had to go through all the images and change them right? Try the default set of mods and I will guarantee you that it will be fine.

No, that does not work that way, if an image was not right, such as being saved in 32b compared to 24b, then the system would either freezeor reboot. This is not the case here because it was working fine for days with the same images. It happened in the middle of a route, everything was fine, then the error came up saying that there was not enough cache and that memory was low. I could not get the NAV to work after that, even after reboot. If the problem would have been related to a corrupt image, then it would not have let me in the NAV or even get to the point where the message came up because it was running fine for about 20 min, and the the error came up without touching anything.

The only thing that I can think of if it is not related to the mod is that my MEMORY IS LOW! After installing the new maps and all the mods that I have in, I cant even put in a 32mb DEM file because it says the flash does not have enough space. 2GB is really not enough space whith the new maps and the modding. The Z110 has 4GB of flash which is really what these units should have considering that the Z110 cannot be modded and putting that much memory in there is a waist considering that you cannot use it, sort of like putting a ferrari engine in a chevette :roll: . On my days off, I will try to delete a lot of maps that I do not use and see if that will solve the problem. I just noticed that in the SYSTEM.txt file the cache level is set to 2048 (I think) in the debug mode. I wonder if it will help by increasing this!

Yeah I have thought about doing that. Just haven't. I will look into it. I seem to have some extra time over Thanksgiving break. :-P

I really hope that you will add this as with this, you will reign tops in the NAV department. It is definately nice to have a trip computer while viewing the map.

Well, I deleted several U.S. maps that I will not be using and gained about 260 mb. The mod seems to be working fine now, so maybe it was just a congested flash issue. I know that I tried to put a 30mb file in it before, and it said that I did not have enough space, so I was getting pretty close to the end. Hopefully this will do the trick. I am really looking forward to your update! Cheers

From my experience, at least in my area, the left/right dest. announce is very unreliable. I am getting about a 50/50 correct to incorrect ratio on my limited testing here in the North Orange County and West San Bernardino County areas of Southern California. Maybe this is why Pioneer did not turn it on. I will leave it off due to this and would prefer it not be on by default but could live with having to change it if it is implemented like that. If possible an on/off choice in the settings would be the way to go. JMO.

My incorrect left/right destination announce seems to have been fixed by replacing the stock TeleAtlas California POI files with the Navteq California POI file.

Thanks to N-S-E-W for helping me work through this issue to figure out what the problem was.

I hope nobody takes my comments too seriously because I love all the hard work the modders around here do. I am just giving my opinion as to whether or not I like a particular feature or not and how I think some should be implemented. Some may agree with my analysis or suggestions and some may not but it is no big deal. Thanks all.

Ok, I got the error message again. The error ONLY happens when I hit the HOME button. It calculates the route and then the error comes up. here is a picture of the error message. Look at the amount of memory requested....lol!

Diaftia, what are your thoughts?