AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, I got the error message again. The error ONLY happens when I hit the HOME button. It calculates the route and then the error comes up. here is a picture of the error message. Look at the amount of memory requested....lol!

Diaftia, what are your thoughts?

Can you do me a favor and put on the original set of mods and tell me of you get the error?

Ok, I got the error message again. The error ONLY happens when I hit the HOME button. It calculates the route and then the error comes up. here is a picture of the error message. Look at the amount of memory requested....lol!

Can you do me a favor and put on the original set of mods and tell me of you get the error?

oK, iI will when I have a day off and can play. it shouldnt make a difference though because all I did was change the colors of some bmp's and added DPHursts ui_igo folder. This should not change the amount of memory utilized because it is a direct memory error. I have never had a memory error with IDT's mod and I did the exact same changes there. I will try the stock version though to rule out all possibilities. I love your mod, I just want it to work, but plain black sucks!

abb1, Are you testing the beta? I can confirm this does NOT happen on my unit with the current beta.
No, I am using the one at the front dated NOV 5. Where is the download for the beta, maybe I will try that. It could be that there is a conflict with one of my other mods. It is weird, it works perfect up until I put in a route, like press the home button.

oK, iI will when I have a day off and can play. it shouldnt make a difference though because all I did was change the colors of some bmp's and added DPHursts ui_igo folder. This should not change the amount of memory utilized because it is a direct memory error. I have never had a memory error with IDT's mod and I did the exact same changes there. I will try the stock version though to rule out all possibilities. I love your mod, I just want it to work, but plain black sucks!

It is entirely possible that an image can cause this error. One time I converted all of the images in my mods to igo format. It was a direct overwrite of the images. That was the only change and upon loading the new data.zip up with these images I was immediately presented with an out of memory error. That is the reason I need you to see if it happens with my untouched mods.

The other thing I might recommend, since you have added a lot of files to your system, is to delete the Canada and/or Mexico map files if you will never drive there. Could just be that your system is out of memory because of lack of space due to all the additional files. I have no doubt that my mods use more memory than say the stock mods but it also does a lot more. I absolutely need to find out of this issue is specific to your machine before I start changing code. I have had no reports of this and you are the only one that has changed any files. Just need to cover all the bases.

From my experience, at least in my area, the left/right dest. announce is very unreliable. I am getting about a 50/50 correct to incorrect ratio on my limited testing here in the North Orange County and West San Bernardino County areas of Southern California. Maybe this is why Pioneer did not turn it on. I will leave it off due to this and would prefer it not be on by default but could live with having to change it if it is implemented like that. If possible an on/off choice in the settings would be the way to go. JMO.

My incorrect left/right destination announce seems to have been fixed by replacing the stock TeleAtlas California POI files with the Navteq California POI file.

Thanks to N-S-E-W for helping me work through this issue to figure out what the problem was.

I hope nobody takes my comments too seriously because I love all the hard work the modders around here do. I am just giving my opinion as to whether or not I like a particular feature or not and how I think some should be implemented. Some may agree with my analysis or suggestions and some may not but it is no big deal. Thanks all.

Thanks for posting the info! Are there any drawbacks for using the navteq poi files? Granted havig things actually work correctly is a huge plus. Some people had reported that house numbers displayed backwards in certain circumstances. Wasnt much I could do about it from a coding standpoint. It appears the poi data was the culprit. Good to know there is a solution.

It seems that the Navteq POIs have less POIs in it than the TeleAtlas POIs. I will test further today, but yesterday I went to search for a Joann's fabric to see where the nearest one around my area was (I know there are several). It only listed a few and if I remember correctly it said the nearest one was 201 miles away. With the TeleAtlas POIs I got quite a few, the closest being just a few miles away (although that one no longer exist).

I ended up going to one that I knew where it was but I don't think that was the closest one. Since it was not in the POIs the Nav was no help.

I will put back my TeleAtlas POIs for California and try again. If I find that too much is missing from the Navteq POIs I will stick with the TeleAtlas POIs and forgo using the left/right destination announce. As it is the Nav nearly always brings me to me location on the right anyway.

It seems that the Navteq POIs have less POIs in it than the TeleAtlas POIs. I will test further today, but yesterday I went to search for a Joann's fabric to see where the nearest one around my area was (I know there are several). It only listed a few and if I remember correctly it said the nearest one was 201 miles away. With the TeleAtlas POIs I got quite a few, the closest being just a few miles away (although that one no longer exist).

I ended up going to one that I knew where it was but I don't think that was the closest one. Since it was not in the POIs the Nav was no help.

I will put back my TeleAtlas POIs for California and try again. If I find that too much is missing from the Navteq POIs I will stick with the TeleAtlas POIs and forgo using the left/right destination announce. As it is the Nav nearly always brings me to me location on the right anyway.

I just use both Navteq and TeleAtlas for the home state and a few around. Gives pretty good coverage.

I just use both Navteq and TeleAtlas for the home state and a few around. Gives pretty good coverage.

We were discussing the left/right destination announce. With the Navteq POIs the announce seems to work very good, but Navteq does not have as many POIs. With the TeleAtlas POIs the left/right destination announce is a hit or miss situation with many wrong announces. N-S-E-W found that this seems to be due to the TeleAtlas POIs using longitude/latitude numbers that are not accurate enough and thus showing a POI that is in the middle of the street. using both sets would be great for having more POIs but would not fix the left/right announce.

I checked my POI search for Jo-Anns Fabric again today. With the California Navteq POIs I was not getting any California locations with the nearest showing 201 miles away in Yuma, Arizona. My other 49 states still had the TeleAtlas POI files. Once I put back my TeleAtlas California POI files I got 53 locations closer than the Yuma location. I did not check much else since this leads me to believe that the Navteq files are so much smaller due to having much less data in them.

I may decide to use both sets of files at some time but I have decided to forgo the left/right announce at this time.