AVIC411.com

Z110BT > Z120BT UPGRADE IS OUT!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got the update installed on my Z110BT. This turns it 100% into a Z120BT/X920BT.

You can scroll through the music on the iPod, tap the directions in the top left of the map screen to speak the last command etc. Very pleased so far. Also, BT and Pandora Radio/BT streaming works perfectly on my iPhone 4. Did the software/map update, the 3.10 BT update and then the 3.11 BT update from the second SD card.

Yay!

post-24689-12872762786237_thumb.jpg

$200 still seems like a lot. How does the password work on this? Do you get a unique password for each SD card? Does it authenticate to the unit some how?

With the upgrade, Pioneer provides you with a "Media Number". You then go to a website https://www.pioneernavigationupdate.com. The site asks you for the Media Number, as well as you head unit's device # (found in the system settings of the hu). The site generates a password that you need to save/write down. This password is unique to your hu. When you decide to do the upgrade (Card #1) it asks you for the password. It took about 25 minutes or so for the Card #1 to finish installing after that. Then I inserted the second card to update the bluetooth firmware.

Oh, and the next statement is directed to all of the future posts.....

Yes, it is $200.

Sorry to repost, but my original question I think got brushed over by this weird Bluetooth spat.

Can anyone confirm if the AVIC Feeds works with the new iPhone 4 and the 120 upgrade? With the 110, the current AVIC Feeds app no longer shows up in my Contact list after my iPhone 4 syncs to the head unit. Is this a problem on the 120 as well?

If not, I'll probably upgrade sooner than later.

Thanks!

I have a few questions regarding the new update, maybe someone who has it can answer them.

1. Does the new update allow the files on the SD card to be read/displayed in alphabetical order correctly ? i know with the previous version they were displayed in the order they were written ?

2. Does the HD Radio Presets now show there name or are they still blank ?

3. When you search through the POI list, can you have it display results by city/zip or do you still have to open through each one for more details ?

Thanks

Pete

How did you reset it? is there a button you had to push on the physical module? i sure hope not as mine is buired and would require tearing the dash apart to get to... and you guessed it- mine's doing the same thing as yours.

thanks in advance.

For some reason, when I updated my Z110 to the Z120, the scrolling XM wheel did not activate. So on my system it was just a static picture and I could not scroll or select one of my presets. I called Pioneer and they suggested I reset my XM receiver, so I did that on Saturday morning and then everything worked as planned. So basically any problems related to the XM screen was resolved by resetting the receiver on the XM module.
How did you reset it? is there a button you had to push on the physical module? i sure hope not as mine is buired and would require tearing the dash apart to get to... and you guessed it- mine's doing the same thing as yours.

thanks in advance.

For some reason, when I updated my Z110 to the Z120, the scrolling XM wheel did not activate. So on my system it was just a static picture and I could not scroll or select one of my presets. I called Pioneer and they suggested I reset my XM receiver, so I did that on Saturday morning and then everything worked as planned. So basically any problems related to the XM screen was resolved by resetting the receiver on the XM module.

I think all he did was disconnect the power and then reconnect it.