AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

Diaftias,

"Pioneer AV icon hide setting. Can also do a quick toggle by holding the elevation sign down. When AV icon is hidden the current street text space is expanded so it wont scroll or compress."

On mine, only hide the bottom bar, but the ipod icon in the corner and the cd's pic still showing.

Is that the way it should work?

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone tried to install this mod by USB-stick ?

My SD-Card is not accessible (builtin F500BT) and I have to boot from a USB-stick.

When I use the Diaftia's install I get the message that Copytool.exe does not exist (on \storage card\etc).

Since I have a working "testmode"-directory I copied that one on the stick en took diafta's copytool.mscr

The menu (choose system) appears but after choosing type 6 (F500 Europe) I get another message.

I think this is because the copy from directory in de .mscr is "\storage card" and should be "\USB disk" ?

Can anyone confirm this ?

Is there any other thing i should change so I can install the mod from a USB-stick ?

Even better : Maybe Diaftia can make an alternative install for USB-users (users with builtin-GPS) ?

Edit: found out it is nog only the .mscr that needs modifying, also copytool2.exe is needed

so i've put copytool2 also in the testmode-map, en retry... After clicking the right type (F500 europe) I get the message regarding copy (where I click OK), en then a new windows with "OK"... but nothings happens anymore (USB-stick light off).

Seems to me that Daftia's testmode is maybe alright for USB except the startup-folder \storage card\testmode for the copytools.exe.

Does anyone know where that path is located (wich file) ?

Thank god I have a backup ;-))

Edit : I used +/- the manual install of Diaftia's earlier version (even kept my personal POI's an Routes) and it seems to work fine. Will test the next few days...

Diaftia's : thanks for a great mod, specially the extra options you created...

Hello. Newbie to the forum here.

A week ago my stock X910 was stuck on the Pioneer splash screen. I fixed it by updating to the FX3.1 update/mod found elsewhere in the forum. I had to delete Alaska and Hawaii maps in order for the update to fit in the units Flashdrive. After those states were deleted the mod installed fine and was working well. This mod looks like a huge improvement so I couldn't leave well enough alone. :)

First tried the 3.2 mod - I believe it copied over correctly (got a big green "+" on the screen). However after rebooting it's stuck on the "system startup" screen overlaying the menu. I can go into the Audio selection menu and choose a valid input (say FM) and the unit will play. However trying anything tied to the Navigation side will freeze the touchscreen up. And whether I try to get into navigation or not the unit will reboot after a few minutes and the cycle repeats itself.

Thought maybe the new 3.2.1 update would help. Only difference I saw is the finished copying screen now shows a green box instead of the "+" sign. Also the icons in the Audio selection menu that I don't have hooked up are colored instead of greyed out. Navagation still won't start.

The first time the unit boots up after updating there's a WinCE error of some sort that flashes VERY quickly on the screen. I think one of the words in the error is "object", but I'm not sure. It's not on the screen long enough to read. Subsequent boots after that don't have the error.

Any ideas? Possibly not enough space for the mod to fully copy over? I don't think WinCE gave any error when I tried to copy the full maps over in the FX3.1 update, so I'm not sure there would be any indication if the files didn't fully copy over. Or maybe that's not it at all? Did a search for "reboot loop" but only a couple of threads came up and neither seemed to fit.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I also am having this same problem after this update. I tried to roll it back to my back-up but it still reboots after a few min on system start up. I have tried various things like re-installing 3.0 yet nothing is working. all was fine before the update. Any help is appreciated Please.

Tim

I installed the latest update but seem to have lost the iPod controls...?

When I try to get to the ipod I only get a limited list of playlist / category options (no music)

When on the map screen and I try to click on the album art to bring up the info on the song...nothing except it diverts to the AV source page?

How do I know when the install and update is fully ocmpleted? I got a green square but no dialogue box...should I have seen something else?

Hey guys... sorry for not responding. I have been moving all weekend and am still unpacking. Been slammed at work because its Monday. I will try to respond to all posts tonight or tomorrow. I know there is one problem with the installer. On the US devices for some reason its using the F500 UK sys.txt. Just change the device type and tmc settings to get MSN and bluetooth working. Had to do it on mine. Good news is you can do that directly on the AVIC since I include a notepad.exe program.

Will reply to all posts soon.

Thanks,

Alex

P.S. Thanks to all of those that generously donated! I appreciate it!

Alex,

Could you be so kind as to upload a copy of your current "My Flash Disk" to the server of your choice? The reason I ask is because I am getting too many conflicting files because I currently am using ABB's V4 and a lot of these files are getting overwritten and duplicated so I just need to clean it up.

Thanx again for all of the great work!

Bud

Hi

Having only got this unit 3 weeks ago and putting 3.3(now3.4) on it I have just about learned my way round it and can do most things I want to. I sort of wish I used it before installing this mod as I don't know which bits this mod added!

Anyway all is good apart from TMC doesn't seem to work at all. When I click TMC via quick menu it shows a blue dot to the left of the 'TMC present' bar showing no signal I guess. When I go in to settings it shows TMC type, protocol and baud rate which are set to auto and there is a button to detect settings and if I try that it cycles through TMC types and protocols but ends up saying no TMC hardware found.

I must have TMC built in because its written on the front of the unit (with DVD etc) so any idea why I'm having trouble with this please?

Hello

I have my F900BT unit with Diaftia Mod installed, thanks a lot

Now I'm trying to install Coreplayer in my unit

I get coreplayer from leetlauncher 3.0 and I can run it from diaftia users menu

But Coreplayer only sounds if the Pionner Avic AV player ir running !!!

Has anybody coreplayer running correctly ?

Thanks in advance

But Coreplayer only sounds if the Pionner Avic AV player is running !!!

This is because the Navi has to send a command to the uCom chip to tell the AV selector device to pipe the Navi's audio over to the volume/amp circuit. All of the other sources (iPod/AV1, AV2, IPBus) circumvent the Navi entirely and have their audio routed directly to the volume/amp by the AV selector on the AV board. This is why you must have selected the SD or USB audio source before the Navi's music can be played on the speakers.

Hello

I have my F900BT unit with Diaftia Mod installed, thanks a lot

Now I'm trying to install Coreplayer in my unit

I get coreplayer from leetlauncher 3.0 and I can run it from diaftia users menu

But Coreplayer only sounds if the Pionner Avic AV player ir running !!!

Thanks in advance

This is a question, not a statement, Why would anyone want coreplayer installed when Pioneers AV player is better. That has always blown me away. The same thing goes with having TomTom installed when the Avic is a much better NAV program! Is it just to say 'I am different' or is there a benefit to using coreplayer?

This is a question, not a statement, Why would anyone want coreplayer installed when Pioneers AV player is better. That has always blown me away. The same thing goes with having TomTom installed when the Avic is a much better NAV program! Is it just to say 'I am different' or is there a benefit to using coreplayer?

Instead, I would stick with what I have and make it better! :mrgreen:

If adding application is a challenge, then can anybody tells me how to add "Notepad.exe" to the user interface? :wink: By script?