AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Hello I have an extra iPhone 4 running iOS 7. I also have an avhx5500. I plan on throwing my iPhone4 in the glovebox and do not plan on touching it. OK now what version of iOS should I downgrade to? Can some some please layout the sequence of events for me to accomplish this, I know how to downgrade and jailbreak. I just don't want to downgrade to the wrong version of iOS. Like I said I want to try and access as much of my iphone from the radio, without having to grab the phone out of the glovebox. Thanks.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello I have an extra iPhone 4 running iOS 7. I also have an avhx5500. I plan on throwing my iPhone4 in the glovebox and do not plan on touching it. OK now what version of iOS should I downgrade to? Can some some please layout the sequence of events for me to accomplish this, I know how to downgrade and jailbreak. I just don't want to downgrade to the wrong version of iOS. Like I said I want to try and access as much of my iphone from the radio, without having to grab the phone out of the glovebox. Thanks.

Unfortunately you have to touch your phone once in a while even with the right ios and Appext installed, remember that the blobs in cydia for ios 6.x.x do not work, if you saved them manually then your are good to go, if not you won't be able to downgrade from ios 7.

I'm using 6.1.2 with the latest appext installed and it works like a charm.

My iPhone 4s is running iOS 6.1.2 with AppEx and Activator installed. I have an iPhone 5s and my 4s is just hooked up to my car and tucked away used for navigation & music. I almost never have to touch my phone. I achieve this using Activator with the following settings:

Activator > Connected to Power > Unlock & Launch AppRadio.app
Activator > Disconnected from Power > Pause Music & Lock Phone

Configured this way, as soon as my deck turns on, it starts charging the iPhone, which then Activator unlocks it and launches the AppRadio.app for me. I do give it a minute to ensure the AppRadio app has launched and initiated connection with the deck, then I press "OK" on the AppRadio deck screen and it's already at the AppRadio.app Launcher screen. I've also changed it to launch CarMediaPlayer.app instead, Stezza.app, Waze.app, and a few others. As long as they're officially support apps, it seems that they are automatically shown if I press "OK" after I wait a minute or so to allow everything to launch & connect in the background. This works really, *REALLY* well for me and, like I said, I barely ever have to touch my phone. I suppose if you left your car too long the iPhone battery could die and then you'd be forced to relaunch everything, (maybe? though if it boots from charging, Activator may still do the rest once it turns on and sees it's connected to power). I haven't experienced this yet because I shut off all of the extras I don't use, (like Bluetooth & such).

I hope this helps! Let me know how you make out.

ADDED: Forgot to mention; for this to work, you can't have a passcode set on your phone, or else Activator can't unlock it without you entering the passcode.

No it has no service at all. I just use apps that don't require data such as Stezza, CarMediaPlayer, Sygic, NavFree, Navigon, etc.

ADDED: If you have hot spot on your main phone, you can connect via WiFi using the extra phone. I did that before using an iPod Touch on the AppRadio and MyWi on my iPhone 4s. Only reason I didn't keep the iPod Touch instead was it ran like crap with AppEx.

Did any of you install the recent update to AppRadio 2.5.0? I installed it on my iPhone 4S / iOS 6.1.1. / latest AppEx. Since then I haven't been able see ANY of my standard AppRadio apps like CarMediaPlayer, Waze, EC Touch, etc... My "unsupported" apps are showing, YouTube, Google Chrome, Netflix.

I've deleted and re-installed AppRadio 2.5.0 twice with the same result. After each install, I had to go into AppRadioExtension and turn ON each of those apps to "show." But they're not showing still.

If I want to downgrade to AppRadio 2.4.0, how would I do that? Halp!

I had the same problem. You need to start the app not connected to the radio and brows the apps available. Before it lets you do this you have to pick your region. Once you pick your region the next time you connect you can see all of your apps.

Did any of you install the recent update to AppRadio 2.5.0? I installed it on my iPhone 4S / iOS 6.1.1. / latest AppEx. Since then I haven't been able see ANY of my standard AppRadio apps like CarMediaPlayer, Waze, EC Touch, etc... My "unsupported" apps are showing, YouTube, Google Chrome, Netflix.

I've deleted and re-installed AppRadio 2.5.0 twice with the same result. After each install, I had to go into AppRadioExtension and turn ON each of those apps to "show." But they're not showing still.

If I want to downgrade to AppRadio 2.4.0, how would I do that? Halp!

My iPhone 4s is running iOS 6.1.2 with AppEx and Activator installed. I have an iPhone 5s and my 4s is just hooked up to my car and tucked away used for navigation & music. I almost never have to touch my phone. I achieve this using Activator with the following settings:

Activator > Connected to Power > Unlock & Launch AppRadio.app
Activator > Disconnected from Power > Pause Music & Lock Phone

Configured this way, as soon as my deck turns on, it starts charging the iPhone, which then Activator unlocks it and launches the AppRadio.app for me. I do give it a minute to ensure the AppRadio app has launched and initiated connection with the deck, then I press "OK" on the AppRadio deck screen and it's already at the AppRadio.app Launcher screen. I've also changed it to launch CarMediaPlayer.app instead, Stezza.app, Waze.app, and a few others. As long as they're officially support apps, it seems that they are automatically shown if I press "OK" after I wait a minute or so to allow everything to launch & connect in the background. This works really, *REALLY* well for me and, like I said, I barely ever have to touch my phone. I suppose if you left your car too long the iPhone battery could die and then you'd be forced to relaunch everything, (maybe? though if it boots from charging, Activator may still do the rest once it turns on and sees it's connected to power). I haven't experienced this yet because I shut off all of the extras I don't use, (like Bluetooth & such).

I hope this helps! Let me know how you make out.

ADDED: Forgot to mention; for this to work, you can't have a passcode set on your phone, or else Activator can't unlock it without you entering the passcode.

Great tip!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Activator > Connected to Power > Unlock & Launch AppRadio.appActivator > Disconnected from Power > Pause Music & Lock Phone
Hi oneyozfest182 - i'm about to jb my iPod touch 4th gen, simply so i don't have to keep pressing "ALLOW" on the touch once it's connected! So once i have installed all of the necessary apps that are detailed on post 1, i also then find Activator in Cydia, and install that.

I assume i then boot up Activator on the ipod, and it's within the Activator settings that i ensure the above 2 instructions are set? Is that right?

Many thanks - i only use my touch for music and sat nav (have igo primo installed).

Ta :)

Hi oneyozfest182 - i'm about to jb my iPod touch 4th gen, simply so i don't have to keep pressing "ALLOW" on the touch once it's connected! So once i have installed all of the necessary apps that are detailed on post 1, i also then find Activator in Cydia, and install that.

I assume i then boot up Activator on the ipod, and it's within the Activator settings that i ensure the above 2 instructions are set? Is that right?

Many thanks - i only use my touch for music and sat nav (have igo primo installed).

Ta :)

Yessir. You can also find the "Activator" settings in your default settings app once it's installed via Cydia.

iGo Primo GPS works on the iPod Touch? I didn't think the iPod Touch had GPS.

• RonS locked this topic