AVIC411.com

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When did the 2nd generation Z2s come out? I just installed mine in the middle of April. I'm going to have to check the box for that yellow dot...I still have it. I'm going to be so angry if it doesn't have that yellow dot. I've been following this thread hoping for a bypass, and I'm anxious to get this fixed.

Im sure it wont have it.

When did the 2nd generation Z2s come out? I just installed mine in the middle of April. I'm going to have to check the box for that yellow dot...I still have it. I'm going to be so angry if it doesn't have that yellow dot. I've been following this thread hoping for a bypass, and I'm anxious to get this fixed.

ijust put the z-2 in my truck and the date on my box is april 2007, so does that mean i have a first generation z-2, and thats the one everybody is having trouble bypassing?

Me to as well, my box doesn't have the yellow dot. Istill hope someone can solve this issue, because if i had known about it i would of bought a z-1.

wait a second... If i remember correctly, the only difference between Z1 and Z2 is the software... If that's the case, and that yellow-dotted unit is in fact bypassable, all we have to do is get a patch from Pioneer to upgrade our systems, right?

wait a second... If i remember correctly, the only difference between Z1 and Z2 is the software... If that's the case, and that yellow-dotted unit is in fact bypassable, all we have to do is get a patch from Pioneer to upgrade our systems, right?

Hey, I remember saying that pages ago.... :shock:

This is kindof what we are all hopeing for.

who knows, maybe the bluetooth will suddenly come out with an upgrade disk again, or gracenotes, who knows?

Hey, I remember saying that pages ago.... :shock:

Sorry, I meant to say that I remembered reading about it here.

Remember it seemed that the only files resposible for changing the bypass from "original" Z1 to the "after bluetooth" Z1 were the "HMIManager" in the APL folder of the PRG1 folder and the "PRG.FLG" that must be placed into the SDATA partition. .....Is it possible that these same files from the "yellow dot" Z2 could replace those appropriatly into the earlier Z2 for success? 8)

Anybody with the "Yellow dot" Z2 care to provide those files for the cause?

:)

Remember it seemed that the only files resposible for changing the bypass from "original" Z1 to the "after bluetooth" Z1 were the "HMIManager" in the APL folder of the PRG1 folder and the "PRG.FLG" that must be placed into the SDATA partition. .....Is it possible that these same files from the "yellow dot" Z2 could replace those appropriatly into the earlier Z2 for success? 8)

Anybody with the "Yellow dot" Z2 care to provide those files for the cause?

:)

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=46159#46159

I have in route a new Z2, Fedex tracking number 703927460022277 says it will be here tomarrow (holbrook NY)

If it has the yellow dot, let me know how and what files i can give to you guys for upload to allllll.....

We will pray for the YELLOW DOT :!:

LOL

Andrew

I have in route a new Z2, Fedex tracking number 703927460022277 says it will be here tomarrow (holbrook NY)

If it has the yellow dot, let me know how and what files i can give to you guys for upload to allllll.....

We will pray for the YELLOW DOT :!:

LOL

Andrew

Well I believe you would need to unlock the HDD, but maybe you planned on that already. I may have heard some rumors that if you remove the drive before powering on the unit it could have been shipped unlocked, however this is very rare.

Well someone will have to provide me with directions for unlocking HDD, lets see if we can get this to work, looks like it has been a pain in the ass for everybody

If it does have tbe yellow dot I will NOT power it up until someone can tell me what to do

again... pray for the dot :!: