AVIC411.com

Well someone will have to provide me with directions for unlocking HDD, lets see if we can get this to work, looks like it has been a pain in the ass for everybody

If it does have tbe yellow dot I will NOT power it up until someone can tell me what to do

again... pray for the dot :!:

All the instructions are in the Z1/Z2 Hacks/Mods section, but it is somewhat complicated. It also costs about 45 bucks to unlock the drive without erasing it.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, the $45 bucks is no big deal, I need the unit to display video while driving, one to watch movies but also to use to watch horses inside trailer. I know i can put it on rear cam, but i have that hooked up for license plate cam and gooseneck hitch cam via video switcher.

Im just really waiting on unit, bluetooth wired, steering wheel controls wired, XM wired and cams wired, hoping to just pop in unit (after unlocking of course) and go.

In theory, if it has the right software can I use NAV controls while driving too??

Crap, no yellow dot on my box. Has anyone else seen a yellow dot on their box or any Z-2 boxes besides the guy who posted this whole theory earlier?

did you not read my post, manufacture date of JUNE

and its not a theory

Crap, no yellow dot on my box. Has anyone else seen a yellow dot on their box or any Z-2 boxes besides the guy who posted this whole theory earlier?

did you not read my post, manufacture date of JUNE

and its not a theory

Wonderful.... mine was one of the first off the damn truck in April. Hooray for being the first to buy.... thank you pioneer for rewarding my brand loyalty. :evil:

To all those that were around last year,

was there near this much bitching about having not found a bypass for the Z1 yet?

Wow, I have never heard so many grown people cry.

Just calm down people, the bypass will come, I am sure of it, just give it time.

I just wish I knew more about computers and such so that I could help in some way shape or form.

But if I just sit here and thowing out post after post bitching about it, I bet that aint gunna make it come any faster. :roll:

was there near this much bitching about having not found a bypass for the Z1 yet?

Just calm down people, the bypass will come, I am sure of it, just give it time.

I just wish I knew more about computers and such so that I could help in some way shape or form.

But if I just sit here and thowing out post after post bitching about it, I bet that aint gunna make it come any faster. :roll:

Its not about not having found a bypass there smart guy. Its about a bypass being available for a z2 thats a couple months newer than the first released units. Its rather rediculous to even consider, "ok, these z2s will be bypassable, but not these ones...."

So yeah, im going to bitch about it because I can.

Its not about not having found a bypass there smart guy. Its about a bypass being available for a z2 thats a couple months newer than the first released units. Its rather rediculous to even consider, "ok, these z2s will be bypassable, but not these ones...."

So yeah, im going to bitch about it because I can.

I believe the original Z1's werent bypassable at first, untill someone figured out the headlight flasher. Then somewhere along the line, the bluetooth update from Pioneer "magically" made the early ones bypassable just like the couple of month newer build date ones.

I would guess that Pioneer will tag the bypassablility onto some update that will come out soon, be it the gracenotes, or map updates for the Z1.

It all makes me wonder if there is some watchdog group or somesuch, that checks the new units that come from pioneer to make sure that they arnt able to play video, and Pioneer has figured out that they stop checking after a couple of months. so they just accidentally let the bypass start being possible, after they feel comfortable they have passed all the tests.

Whaaaaa! Those meanie Pioneer people treat us like big babies, disabling our new toys! I am going to hold my breath till they give me a FREE PATCH!

post-7909-12872752702868_thumb.jpg

I believe the original Z1's werent bypassable at first, untill someone figured out the headlight flasher. Then somewhere along the line, the bluetooth update from Pioneer "magically" made the early ones bypassable just like the couple of month newer build date ones.

I would guess that Pioneer will tag the bypassablility onto some update that will come out soon, be it the gracenotes, or map updates for the Z1.

Technically all the Z1's were bypassable. Even the oldest ones, we just didn't know what it took to bypass them at first.

The Z2 from what it seems has no bypass. We might have just missed it so far, but from what it looks like, there is no bypass.

Now if the rumors are true and the newer Z2's coming out are bypassable, then we will have 2 different kinds of Z2's, new ones and old ones. Old ones are not bypassable but new ones are. They have already shown they make changes like this mid year with the Z1's. But that change, both were bypassable, just differently.

And they have not updated the bypass at the same time as the gracenote updates, just map/software update disks. I don't know if they can't, but they just have not yet.