AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

Just went for a short drive and everything seems to work fine, not that I had any doubt. I used method 1 and it works fine, but I am very impressed with the .iso for those that don't have unlocked drives! Once again forums have proved to be a great use for consumers around the world!

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job Hyperite & [insert name(s) here]!

Where do we send our Paypals? Seems we have a bounty to fulfill here! Sure sure, we could send it to Pioneer [cough], but the folks on this board tirelessly tested the hell out of this and confirmed a working solution for us all.

First post updated with optional donation link.

I'm having trouble, I think i may be CD burning retarded.

I downloaded the file titled "Z2Bypassupdate.iso"

loaded a blank CD in my drive, told windows to burn it,

took the CD out to the truck, put it in,

Z2 says "CD-Rom inserted"

I press Map, and it goes to the map.

nothing about an update.

so I think maybe its the windows burning program.

unfortunately my Nero free trial ran out,

so I downloaded CDBurnerXP Pro, and burned it to a disk with that.

still get the same results.

I tried a third time, this time telling it to "close" the CD,

still get the exact same results on the Z2.

anybody have any ideas where I am going wrong?

Bigred-

I had the same problem, it took 3 CD's before I got the image onto a good disk. At least I think it was the disk. I used ROXIO to burn and the last time I remember it referring to burning the "image" to the disk. After that, I followed Hyperite's directions and it went without a hitch. I'm not a techie, but have ripped CD's before. My theory is your software has to recognize the file as an image. Good Luck! Stan

I'm having trouble, I think i may be CD burning retarded.

I downloaded the file titled "Z2Bypassupdate.iso"

loaded a blank CD in my drive, told windows to burn it,

took the CD out to the truck, put it in,

Z2 says "CD-Rom inserted"

I press Map, and it goes to the map.

nothing about an update.

so I think maybe its the windows burning program.

unfortunately my Nero free trial ran out,

so I downloaded CDBurnerXP Pro, and burned it to a disk with that.

still get the same results.

I tried a third time, this time telling it to "close" the CD,

still get the exact same results on the Z2.

anybody have any ideas where I am going wrong?

Bigred-

I had the same problem, it took 3 CD's before I got the image onto a good disk. At least I think it was the disk. I used ROXIO to burn and the last time I remember it referring to burning the "image" to the disk. After that, I followed Hyperite's directions and it went without a hitch. I'm not a techie, but have ripped CD's before. My theory is your software has to recognize the file as an image. Good Luck! Stan

Yup, definitely a difference between a "data" burn and an "image" burn. I found this out today as well. Might want to add that to the intructions?

First post updated with optional donation link.

I had half a mind to use my admin powers here to edit your link and redirect the money in to my account. :) I thought it would be funny. I was wondering how long it would have taken you/anyone to notice. I wouldn't have kept it... and I didn't do it either. I still think it would have been funny.

Many thanks to Hyperite and all. Once again the forum has provided a big solution to a big problem. My early model Z2 took the iso in one shot, approx 10 minutes. Took a drive and all is well. :D

And thank God the Parking Brake message is gone. I thought I was going to wear a hole in the screen from clearing that message!!

Not working for me.........

I burned the image using Alcohol 120. Inserted the disk and pressing map didnt seem to do anything. Pressed AV and that made it read the disk. I then got a message that said do you wish to update? I pressed yes. Then the screen said "reading disk." I then got another window that said "If you wish to install the update press yes. Pressing yes will disable all functions until install is complete. Or press no." And the only button that I can press is no.

Did I do something wrong? I havent connected any wires yet, nothing is grounded. I just planned on doing the software part today and then do the wiring part tomorrow.

Or did the update take? Did you guys have anything tell you it worked or not?

Okay, I'm electrically inept. I can make sense of what to do with wire #2 -- there's a picture for crying out loud. But, grounding the light green wire has me stumped. After I remove it from the clamp, how do you "ground" a wire. Do I need to mount it to the body/frame?:? Thanks.

And yes, mazdaspeed, this is the "rookie" again.

engage the ebrake

.......and the retard of the month award goes too..... (drum roll)..... BRANDON402!!! YAY........ Thanks wikked.... im a moron. :lol::oops:

The .iso works wonderfully. Now I just have to do my wiring and Im good to go......... and then slap myself in the forehead a few times too. lol.