AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

I download the method 2 bypass and burn it on the cd. then i put it in my z2 and it started to update but then freezes up to 68% i keep hitting the try again button but theres no response. it just loads and keeps giving me errors. i read that you have to press try again for more than a 100 times and im doing it more than a hundred times. no response and still the same error message with 68% completion of the update. now i cant even use my navi system while driving cuz it has to finish to update the system. is there a way i coud reset the whole system to factory settings? i tried the level 4 reset and it wont, work. its trying to update which is not working cuz it freezes up to 68%. please help anybody.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burned the file to the disk popped it into my brand new AVIC Z2. It was recognized as a CD Rom. Pressed the Map button. After only a few seconds I get a mssage stating that the "...Disk is already updated" with an "Ok" button below it. After clicking the "Ok" button, the screen returns to the map and nothing else happens.

I still get the parking brake wiring message after the reset.

Help. :?

Burned the file to the disk popped it into my brand new AVIC Z2. It was recognized as a CD Rom. Pressed the Map button. After only a few seconds I get a mssage stating that the "...Disk is already updated" with an "Ok" button below it. After clicking the "Ok" button, the screen returns to the map and nothing else happens.

I still get the parking brake wiring message after the reset.

Help. :?

Did you make sure you performed the 2 wire ground bypass? If not, follow the instructions posted by Mazdaspeed on page 13 of this thread

I am very pleased to finally frickin say that this bypass WORKS! I downloaded the image and ran the update and went through perfect on the first try. Grounded the parking brake and "Connector 2" wire and drove and it plays videos and allows me to use all the possible functions I could only use when stopped. Just in case people were wondering, I have the Z2 that first came out. Mahalo!!!!!

Did you make sure you performed the 2 wire ground bypass? If not, follow the instructions posted by Mazdaspeed on page 13 of this thread

Do I smell Plagiarism? Ducatiboy is the author of those instructions.

While that is true, knowing mazdaspeed through here, I'm sure he wasn't doing that to make people think that he wrote them. We linked to those same instructions in the first post, but people either don't go there and read or they don't understand. I don't think he was plagiarizing for plagiarizing sake, it was just to impress upon people the instructions. It doesn't really bother me.... fyi....

Friday I installed a Z2 in a customers car, performed the "Z1" bypass and then completed the update with the ISO image. Everything went smooth and the bypass worked.

Today, I installed a Z2 "manufactured in March", performed the "Z1" bypass, did the update and it completed the update. The bypass DID NOT work. Strange as I did the same thing as the prior one. I did notice that this Z2 had a different boot screen than every other one I installed which I thought was odd. Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Today, I installed a Z2 "manufactured in March", performed the "Z1" bypass, did the update and it completed the update. The bypass DID NOT work. Strange as I did the same thing as the prior one. I did notice that this Z2 had a different boot screen than every other one I installed which I thought was odd. Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Well, I wonder what the difference is with the March unit you used. I don't know about the boot screen difference. You can load different boot screens yourself (or the owner can).

When you say the bypass did not work. What is happening? Nothing is unlocked? Locked when parked and not when moving? The software update didn't change the version after you loaded it? I guess we might need more detailed info other than "DID NOT work" if you want more help to debug what you did different on this one.