AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

This also happen to me over the labor day weekend. I drove from NYC to NC (8 hours). The next day my Z2 would just stop at the Pioneer Splash screen and freeze. If you insert a cd it would play. I pressed reset a couple of times and it would just freeze at the pioneer screen. Once I turned the truck off and let it sit for a while than start it back up, the Z2 would come on working. Has anyone seen this b4. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Prior to this weekend it has been working fine. I did the bypass about a month ago.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the only thing i can think of is that ur getting the heat lock out. my system does that too. i havnt yet done the bypass myself, but my system will freeze on the splash screen when it gets really hot outside. ws it really hot where u were at??? its possible that when u were done driving the car was left in a really hot place and the system wouldnt boot up because of the heat. this happens to me all the time when it gets really hot inside the car, and my system isnt bypassed. i was told to run the ac in the car for a while till it cools off and then restart the system and that shoul fix it.

thanks all for figuring out the bypass.. I stop in today and found out that my install has only installed my z2 and no others.. and also I found out that he only did a 1 wire bypass just the ground from the parking brake.. not the second so this weekend I'm going to have him set up the second wire bypass and hopefully it will fix my problem.. once again thanks all for the help.. and great job for figuring the little bugger out!!

I am attempting to bypass my z-2. I have downloaded the needed files and burned them onto a cd, I am now ready to "2 wire bypass" but I need a little clarification. Method 2 states that it will only work with z-2's, again I have followed all the steps for this method (1-4) but when I follow the posted link the 2 wire bypass instruction state that these instructions are for z1 units. Never, in the entire article, does it state that these instructions can be used for a z2. Am I just looking too far into this or can this wire bypass only be used for z1's. Do I need to do the 2 wire bypass to complete the process or is that only for the z1's? Sorry about the repetitiveness here but like a lot of novices out there who bought the Z-2 thinking that the local stereo guy would be able to bypass the unit, it would be well worth any trouble out there to get my z2 bypassed. I just want to enjoy the simple things in life like letting my girlfriend watch here "Charmed" Season DVD's while driving down the coast of sunny Southern California.

It works for the Z2 also, just follow those instructions

I am attempting to bypass my z-2. I have downloaded the needed files and burned them onto a cd, I am now ready to "2 wire bypass" but I need a little clarification. Method 2 states that it will only work with z-2's, again I have followed all the steps for this method (1-4) but when I follow the posted link the 2 wire bypass instruction state that these instructions are for z1 units. Never, in the entire article, does it state that these instructions can be used for a z2. Am I just looking too far into this or can this wire bypass only be used for z1's. Do I need to do the 2 wire bypass to complete the process or is that only for the z1's? Sorry about the repetitiveness here but like a lot of novices out there who bought the Z-2 thinking that the local stereo guy would be able to bypass the unit, it would be well worth any trouble out there to get my z2 bypassed. I just want to enjoy the simple things in life like letting my girlfriend watch here "Charmed" Season DVD's while driving down the coast of sunny Southern California.

I had to have my entire system removed (Viper 5900, AVIC, AMPs etc). 1st shop did a bad install had electrical issues. Had reinstall done by a shop with a great rep and also pioneer dealer.

Install is great, except I am getting the parking break error. I did do the reset, while parked. No affect on the error. I also do not have full functionality of the system while driving. Note:I did while on the previous(bad) install. I'm guessing the wiring of the parking break was not done right. I plan to copy the instructions down and have them verify/check their work in that area.

Anything else I should look for? (BTW, HD still shows the upgrade occurred)

Install is great, except I am getting the parking break error. I did do the reset, while parked. No affect on the error. I also do not have full functionality of the system while driving. Note:I did while on the previous(bad) install. I'm guessing the wiring of the parking break was not done right. I plan to copy the instructions down and have them verify/check their work in that area.

Anything else I should look for? (BTW, HD still shows the upgrade occurred)

If you reset the Z2 with the little recessed button to the right of Eject...and if you are still getting the parking brake error, there is a problem with wire #2. The parking brake sense wire (light green) is fine. Check connector 2, that wire that you relocated and grounded is not grounded or not installed into the connector correctly. That's what causes the parking brake error to pop back up. And eventually, within 100 miles or so, you will start to get that error and it will lock you out while moving. So you will want to fix that.

also if these guys replace my hard drive, I take it that I will have to reinstall the bypass files, correct?

Generally when they replaced the hard drives, they loaded the latest software (on installed a hard drive with the latest software) if you wanted it or not. So if they keep doing what they did in the past, chances are good that your new unit (if they replaced the drive) would have the update already. But there is no guarantee.

WOW Thanks alot...I originally had a Eclipse AVN-5435 and have had that for well a few years now.....volume control was messing up so I decided it was time for a new unit...have a buddy that has a shop but the thing is he is on the other side of town and if anyone knows how Houston is they would understand...Well he told me he knew how to bypass the Z2 so I decided I would purchase one..got to thinkin of it and just googled Bypass for Z2 which lead me to this site...wasnt for sure how hard this was goning to be but man was it easy..worked first try (had to hit the retry button about 10 times at 35% to take finally) but I dont get the parking brake warning and all my functions are fully available for use..Thanks really appreciate this...One question I was trying to dl new background images on the unit and the upload from cd wont pop up to be clicked...the pictures I downloaded were JPG. I put in a seperate folder called pictures and then I did a dummy folder with .xls, .pdf, .word, and even some main folders...did the disk not read because of these main folders that I threw in there to take up the 100mb needed? or did I do something else wrong?

Frank

WOW Thanks alot...I dont get the parking brake warning and all my functions are fully available for use..Thanks really appreciate this...

Well, you are very welcome alot! :)

One question I was trying to dl new background images on the unit and the upload from cd wont pop up to be clicked...the pictures I downloaded were JPG. I put in a seperate folder called pictures and then I did a dummy folder with .xls, .pdf, .word, and even some main folders...did the disk not read because of these main folders that I threw in there to take up the 100mb needed? or did I do something else wrong?

Frank

It sounds like the files you put on the disk were ok, but what did you use to make the disk. You can't use windows built in burning program. You need nero or some other 3rd party software. They say in the instructions not to use the built in windows software and you post had lots of stuff but not what you used to burn.