AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya I just got the june 07 unit, installed it today with bypass already done, but it didnt take the update cd. when i put the cd in, it says update already done. press okay.

but it works while driving, plays dvd, and address search works fine too. so wat is going on

The software change took play at some point during June production. Some June decks need it, some don't. Apparently, yours didn't

ya I just got the june 07 unit, installed it today with bypass already done, but it didnt take the update cd. when i put the cd in, it says update already done. press okay.

but it works while driving, plays dvd, and address search works fine too. so wat is going on

Ya i think so, but i have a question, how would i check that i have this updated firmware, because even though i am not getting any nags error, messager or nothing, but in the information tab, i have only 3 out of 8 buttons that i can choose, like traffic setting, XM, but all the others are not avaliable, like other traffic buttons, favourats, set my favarots, so is there a way to enable those as well

Ya, pay for the XM NavTraffic service

Ya i think so, but i have a question, how would i check that i have this updated firmware, because even though i am not getting any nags error, messager or nothing, but in the information tab, i have only 3 out of 8 buttons that i can choose, like traffic setting, XM, but all the others are not avaliable, like other traffic buttons, favourats, set my favarots, so is there a way to enable those as well

My Z2 is now bypassed! Thanks Avic411.com; this site is the shiznit! My experience with the bypass:

I was originally concerned with the 2-wire bypass. I didn't have the installation guide because the installer forgot to put it back into the box. Once I got that, it was easy to see how the lime green parking brake sense wire tapped into the brake switch wire. I cut the brake sense wire about 12" from the back of the head unit. I then dead-ended the half going down to the parking brake switch and taped it out of the way till I go back in and remove the entire wire. I then joined the upper 12" of the brake sense wire coming from the head unit, with the relocated phone mute wire. Then I spliced both of those wires together with an external ground wire that I ran to a good ground.

The above wiring, combined with the firmware update allowed my Z2 to access all menus and watch movies without the brake applied. However, as soon as I started moving, I'd get the pop up telling me that the brake wasn't set properly. So I went back in this morning when it was light outside and pulled out the connector 2 plug. Sure enough, the phone mute wire had slipped back a little and it's pin wasn't even with rest of the pins. I had noticed when I removed the phone mute pin with the screwdriver (I used a 1.0 mm precision slotted screwdriver) part of the little tab that holds the pin in the connector broke off. As a temporary fix, I zip-tied and taped the wire harness in a way to force the pin forward into the connector-I'll probably end up super gluing the wire into the connector as a more permanent fix later on. Moral of this story; be careful removing whichever extra pin you decide to use.

Once again, thanks to everyone who posted their problems and solutions. I've added a Rapidshare.com mirror for the update iso image here:

URL-->http://rapidshare.com/files/88501453/Z2BypassUpdate.iso

I've also uploaded to my own dedicated server here, for non-Rapidshare users. No passwords, no waiting 45 seconds, just click and download.

URL-->http://zbbhost.com/avic/Z2BypassUpdate.iso

• 2 weeks later...

I did method 2. Put the cd into the drive, pressed map, and after its done updating. It says, old version updated, please update new version. Or some crap like that. Clicked "OK". reset the system, and it works perfectly. But after i turn off my engine or some time goes by, i have to redo this process. Is this normal? Or it this supose to be a one time thing?

Sorry, just to clear things up. When i put it in cd, it says this is the old version, u need to put in new version to update, so all this time i thought it was already updating. Weird, because it works after i reset. And the reason why i keep having to do this is because somtimes the navigation detects a brake lead, which doesnt allow me to watch dvd while driving. Still wondering if this is supose to happen? Resetting the system all the time can be anoying.

Ok.... To start things off I am a newbie at this. I just bought the avic z2 and am going to perform the bypass. I have already done the 2 wire bypass on the unit and am now ready to install the update. My question to anyone willing to help is do I burn the hack as an .ISO file. This might sound like a dumb question but like I said.... I am a newbie.

Thanks in advance!