AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Pre/Post-June Bypass Files

Got my new Z-2 in, had it installed with 2-wire bypass. Works great. Now that I have it bypassed and working, what else do I need to do to "unlock" the HDD to upgrade to Z-3?

I'm good with electronics but not so swift with programming. I've been reading post but not too sure what steps to "Unlock"-

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did all of the mentioned and my Z2 works flawlessly. Thanks to all (Hyperite) for the info.

One question though, the bluetooth update, is it only for the Z1 or should I do it on my May '07 build Z2 unit. I cant tell from all the reading if this "ECHO" issue is only the Z1 or also the Z2.

I have updated the firmware and cddb. All done except the bluetooth update/fix.

Thanks again.

So let me get this straight cause i'm kinda dumb. I should open the iso file i should just burn the iso file? The z2 can open an iso?

goddamn, are you serious? look 3 posts up, or in the first post. burn it as an IMAGE, don't just burn the single file.

Ground the light green parking brake sense wire from the Z1. If the light green parking brake sense wire is already connected to your vehicles parking brake switch wire, then disconnect it from the vehicles wiring and then ground it. Do not permanently ground the vehicles parking brake switch wire, just the light green sense wire from the Z1.

Alright please correct me if i am wrong. According to this statement, i can ground the light green wire permanently but not the green wire ?

I have a AVIC-Z2, if i just ground the light green wire permanently and not do the second wire then what happens ?

Thanks for help guys, and can some one please post the picture of the light green wire, just want to make sure.

Ok I got the 2 wire done correctly, and it was double checked and verified by 2 local shops. The software has been burned as an image with the ISO burning program that was on another post on here. I have also tried it with Nero. The bypass update still does not work. The firmware update does not work either. I do not get a yes or no to run the update. Instead I get this. If I install the disc the bypass works for a short time then goes back to the regular settings.

post-13176-1287275432059_thumb.jpg

Ground the light green parking brake sense wire from the Z1. If the light green parking brake sense wire is already connected to your vehicles parking brake switch wire, then disconnect it from the vehicles wiring and then ground it. Do not permanently ground the vehicles parking brake switch wire, just the light green sense wire from the Z1.

Alright please correct me if i am wrong. According to this statement, i can ground the light green wire permanently but not the green wire ?

Well what is this green wire you speak of? Is this "green" wire you are talking about a permanent wire that is original to the vehicle's wiring? This is what the quote you had above was talking about. There is a wire in your vehicle which is grounded when you pull (or step on) your vehicles parking brake, it was there from the factory. Normally the install calls for the Avic's light green wire to connect to that wire, so that when the car's wire is grounded so will the light green Avic's sense wire.

You want the avic's parking brake sense wire grounded all the time but you don't want to mess with your vehicle's original parking brake wire like this, disconnect the light green parking brake sense wire from the car's wiring, and ground the light green wire permanently. But leave the original car's wiring for the parking brake alone.

I have a AVIC-Z2, if i just ground the light green wire permanently and not do the second wire then what happens ?

Your system will be bypass for 1 - 100 miles. Then it will pop up a message saying your parking brake is not connected properly. And every time you start the car, you will get this parking brake pop up, and you must hit OK to get rid of it. Then the system will auto unlock itself when you go slower than 5mph, faster than that, it locks it self again.

Thanks for help guys, and can some one please post the picture of the light green wire, just want to make sure.

Don't have one but it's page 13 and 14 of the installation manual. The light green parking brake sense wire is in the main "power" block connector with power, ground and the speaker wires. There are green speaker wires in there too, don't ground those.

Ok I got the 2 wire done correctly, and it was double checked and verified by 2 local shops. The software has been burned as an image with the ISO burning program that was on another post on here. I have also tried it with Nero. The bypass update still does not work. The firmware update does not work either. I do not get a yes or no to run the update. Instead I get this. If I install the disc the bypass works for a short time then goes back to the regular settings.

From this picture, I would say you already have that update. That screen means that you have a valid update disk but the update has already been applied. Then if you reset the unit, little recessed button to the right of eject, you should be fine.

If you are not fine then you have one of problems (or both), you have the entirely wrong update disk or the 2 wire ground isn't done right.

you have the entirely wrong update disk:

This is if you have an Avic Z2 and you are trying to load the Avic Z1 bluetooth update disk or something like that. If you have an older Z2, then you need the image from method 2 of

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8783

If you have a Z2 and that's the disk you are using.... or if you have a Z1 and you are using the bluetooth update disk or the random lock up update disk, then you have a problem with...

the 2 wire ground isn't done right:

This is by far the most problematic issue, I would say.

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#newbypass

Make sure the shops checked the problem parts of this. What is happening?

Snip from my web site:

I did what you say to above and when I start driving around I get a pop up message about my parking brake not being connected properly and I get locked out again.

I get this a lot. You are not alone. What happened is that you didn't do "wire #2" correctly. In the instructions above, wire #1 is the parking brake wire. Grounding that will bypass the unit while you are not moving. Grounding wire #2 will keep the unit unlocked when you start moving. If wire #2 is not grounded properly then when you start moving it will lock you back out again and put up that pop up message. I know you think that you grounded that wire correctly, and most likely you did. Where most people have problems is in the connector itself. Either the terminal is not oriented correctly or it's not inserted all the way or something. But check and double check that connector. That's where every single problem I have seen has been. Trust me this procedure works and it works well. If it's not working then double check what you did. If you are still getting the pop up message, the only way to get rid of it is to press the recessed button to the right of the eject button (the button the opens the face of the Avic-Z1). This will lose your AM/FM radio presets but not much else.

Ducati Boy thanks for answering my questions, one last question.

Can i ground the light green wire with black ground wire. I mean attach these two wires togather, because black wire is ground wire, so it will ground the light green too right?

Or i have to ground it seperate ?

For the second wire i can ground it with black too ?

What i am trying to say here is i can attach all the wires like light green and the second wire (after adding one) to the black ground wire, which is part of the main block like you mentioned.

ground is ground

While this is correct, another way to say this is....

Everything that is supposed to be "grounded" can all be connected to the exact same black wire coming out of the power connector and connected to the (most likely black) ground wire coming out of your car's dash and it all ends up connecting to the negative terminal of the battery. You can connect them all together to the same wire if you want, they don't have to be grounded seperately.