AVIC411.com

Drive Image/ISO begging and supplying

I have started the upload to usenet on alt.binaries.avic.fileshare and alt.binaries.test, it will take me 30 hours to complete the upload on my 100kb/s connection, but the files should start to be available immediately.

SO torrent, Usenet, or FTP pick your favorite method. Again thanks for the image.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't know what newsgroups, FTP, or torrents are, then google would be your best friend. You would have to do a lot of reading in order to learn about them. FTP is probably the simplest topic learn since the IP address, username, and password is already provided. Torrents would be your next step up. Newsgroups IMO is probably the most difficult topic to understand. Especially by a newbie.

Starting off with FTP, the easiest thing you can do is open up a web browser and type in "ftp://63.173.68.42" in the address field. A window will pop-up asking for login and password. Here are the information:

Username: leech

Password: account

This would probably be the slowest method since this is using AFMagnum's bandwidth and I'm sure a lot of people will try this method first. Torrents and newsgroups would probably be a faster method of acquiring all the files.

Do a bit of reading. Ducatiboy, in this thread, have provided a link to a good tutorial of newsgroups. Again, google would probably be your best friend in order to learn more about the various downloading techniques. Good luck.

Ok everyone, I hope there is plenty of succes out there upgrading your Z1 to a Z2. I promiss I'll consolidate all the information and links in a single thread as well as step-by-step instructions. I'll put a link in this thread when I create the new one.

Please note, I will not cover how to setup torrent or newsgroups. You'll have to do some research on that yourself. I'll put some good links for "how-tos" but it will be up to you to read.

Look for the post late tonight!

Many thanks to magnum, donkey, et al for this image.. Just put it on a 40gig HD I had around -- works just fine... I had one strange issue where the system would seem to 'reboot' itself a bunch when I was driving.. My cell phone was still paired with the bluetooth unit on the avic and that seems to have caused the issue. As soon as I deleted the pairing on my cellphone which was there from my original z1, the issue stopped happening... seems like everything is operational!

great stuff! thanks everyone!

I have the same reboot problem with Fujitsu 60GB bought from Frys. But the bootup process is definitely faster, and the drive runs really cool. Will try to delete the paired phone to see if it fixes the problem.

mickey,

yeah my drive is a fujitsu 40gb also... i thought my issue was solved but I went on a long drive today to the niagra area in new york and it started to happen again.. i disabled the locking on the drive before I put it in the system.. i wonder if the new z2 software has issues with drives with security disabled? or perhaps it just doesn't like fujitsu drives for some reason? it's very strange..

it's not a wiring issue or shock -- my z1 has always worked flawlessly and i never started to see this issue until i upgraded my unit with a new HD with the fresh Z2 image on it. i've also verified it can still occur when the car isn't even moving... my unit is 2-wire bypassed and the bypass is working perfectly. The issue does not seem to be temperature related either since I've verified that it happens in various environmental conditions throughout the day (sun, shade, etc.).

one other fellow had the same issue that I saw in another thread.. and i think he said it just eventually went away.. hopefully that will be the case for us as well!

if it doesn't, I might just try a different HD.

mickey,

yeah my drive is a fujitsu 40gb also... i thought my issue was solved but I went on a long drive today to the niagra area in new york and it started to happen again.. i disabled the locking on the drive before I put it in the system.. i wonder if the new z2 software has issues with drives with security disabled? or perhaps it just doesn't like fujitsu drives for some reason? it's very strange..

it's not a wiring issue or shock -- my z1 has always worked flawlessly and i never started to see this issue until i upgraded my unit with a new HD with the fresh Z2 image on it. i've also verified it can still occur when the car isn't even moving... my unit is 2-wire bypassed and the bypass is working perfectly. The issue does not seem to be temperature related either since I've verified that it happens in various environmental conditions throughout the day (sun, shade, etc.).

one other fellow had the same issue that I saw in another thread.. and i think he said it just eventually went away.. hopefully that will be the case for us as well!

Ive used 3 different HD's 2 toshibas and one fujitsu. All 3 reboot here and there. Sometimes even when not moving. The only thing i can probally think off is that the original drive requires 5V DC 1.1A all the drives i have tried are 5V DC and either .7A or .5A I also didnt remove the security on the drives so all 3 are now locked( I have about 10 to play with). I am going to try a Hitachi drive now. Now I wonder can I just put the old Z1 drive back in and will it work being that the new software updated the firmware on the unit.

Thanks to all who helped put this image out BTW.

yea i have a Seagate Momentus 5400.2 hard drive and i get the rebooting problem as well. I am thinking of getting a replacement automotive hard drive and just use that unless you guys know of any hard drives that work? Thanks for your help.

Will

Any idea where to get one?

What about this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822149041

That's really interesting... Given that people have had a lot of issues with other HDs -- maybe I'll just use my original Z1 HD, wipe it, and stick the Z2 image on that! I might have better luck going that way.. I just figured I'd stick a new HD in there and get a bit more space and maybe increase my music partition while I'm at it (which I have not done, yet).

It's strange that it reboots -- I could see that happening if the drive you were putting in required more power than the Z1 stock HD.. But any of these HDs people seem to have used (including the fujitsu I am using) are either the same power or less -- which should not be an issue.

Very weird!

And I don't know if putting the old Z1 drive back in would work or not. I haven't read or heard anyone confirming that it works...

mickey,

Ive used 3 different HD's 2 toshibas and one fujitsu. All 3 reboot here and there. Sometimes even when not moving. The only thing i can probally think off is that the original drive requires 5V DC 1.1A all the drives i have tried are 5V DC and either .7A or .5A I also didnt remove the security on the drives so all 3 are now locked( I have about 10 to play with). I am going to try a Hitachi drive now. Now I wonder can I just put the old Z1 drive back in and will it work being that the new software updated the firmware on the unit.

Thanks to all who helped put this image out BTW.

I saw someone mention the rebooting issue and he fixed it by removing his paired bluetooth devices. Not sure how they would still be there after swaping the drive though. Anyway thought I would mention it. I have my 60gb drive that came from my PS3, going to give that a try once I pick up a copy of acronis.